Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Canada's Government about to fall? (not that anyone cares)

Say no to Conservative backdoor fascism, and Alberta and its Reform party jackboots can go back to drowning in that ecological disaster of biblical proportions its unleashing. If only it was on the edge of the country, we could cut it loose and let it play at being Texas's retarded younger brother. Frankly, Im bored of listening to the Whining West, when Ontario floated their fucking boats for a generation because they were too pathetic to support themselves. Same goes to Quebec, that leeching sponge of a province, and the damned welfare east. Thanks to them, Ontario bled itself dry.

Frankly, We should break off from the rest of YOU, bunch of vultures.

At any rate, I guess you didn't watch the polls, most want the coalition by a good 10 percentage points, and a good quarter say Harper should be ousted outright.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

The poll, conducted Dec. 1-2 by Angus Reid Strategies said:

"Nationally, 40 per cent of respondents want their MP to support the government, while 36 per cent want a vote in favour of a non-confidence motion....

...64 per cent would not be comfortable with Stéphane Dion becoming Canada's prime minister."

Imo, Dion is more the problem with many people than the idea of a coalition.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Say no to Conservative backdoor fascism, and Alberta and its Reform party jackboots can go back to drowning in that ecological disaster of biblical proportions its unleashing. If only it was on the edge of the country, we could cut it loose and let it play at being Texas's retarded younger brother. Frankly, Im bored of listening to the Whining West, when Ontario floated their fucking boats for a generation because they were too pathetic to support themselves. Same goes to Quebec, that leeching sponge of a province, and the damned welfare east. Thanks to them, Ontario bled itself dry.

Frankly, We should break off from the rest of YOU, bunch of vultures.
    Awww, Grimm, I feel so left out. You forgot about those of us up in the north. How come we don't get any vitriol?
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Let's hope this isn't a sign of what's to come if Dion takes over as PM.

The whole tape fiasco, and resulting bad PR, has given Mr. Dion’s critics ammunition to ask: And this man wants to lead the country?

This is the Liberal tape timeline, according to a report on CTV.ca.

* 6:15-6:30 - The Liberals miss their promised deadline to deliver Dion’s statement to the television networks.

* 6:40 - Liberals arrive with a single tape at the press gallery in Ottawa. They were supposed to deliver two tapes: one in French, one in English. They arrived with a single tape in DVD-minicam format, which is not broadcast quality.

* Shortly after 6:40 - The Liberals decide to run back to their offices -- a block away -- because the French portion of the tape needs another edit.

* 7:05 - Liberal staffers are still in their offices as the networks go to
    air with the Harper address.

* 7:07 - Harper’s statement finishes and network anchors are forced to kill time as they wait for Dion’s address.

* 7:10 to 7:15 - Liberal staffers arrive back at the press gallery on Wellington Street with a DVD-minicam player that they had taken from their own offices, along with the associated cables. There is still only one tape, not two. A press gallery official tells the Liberals that the gallery is not the feed point and an argument ensues. The Liberals ask why they weren’t told that earlier. The feed point is next door at the CBC building, which is the long-established feed play point for all network pools. The Liberals are informed that they need to be walked into the building by authorized staff.

* 7:20 - English network anchors are still live on television, wondering where the tape is. CTV has still had no communications from the Liberals about Dion’s address.

* Approximately 7:15 - CBC receives the tape and begins dubbing into French and English versions. This takes about 10 minutes.

* 7:28 - CTV decides to go off-air and back to regular scheduled programming at 7:30. CTV has still not seen a feed of the tape.

* 7:28 - CBC incorrectly punches out the finished feed only to their network.

* 7:30 - CTV signs off broadcast at scheduled time.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by a_dogs_life View Post
    I think the issue many people have is that NO ONE voted for a coalition government so to say they are the "majority" is wrong. Or that is what the PEOPLE want is incorrect.

How can anyone believe having a guy who was clearly shown the door by his own voters be PM? If there was a strong leader in the Liberal party I would probably see it differently.

Plus over and over I hear that 60% of Canadians didn't vote for Harper. More correctly it is 62.4% of the 59% of VOTERS that didn't vote Conservative. With that we have to keep in mind that 73.8% of voters didn't vote for the Liberals and 81.8% of votes didn't vote for the NDP. (Oh and 90% of voters didn't vote for The Bloc.)

You guys all keep minimizing the votes the the Conservatives got but I'm pretty sure the Liberals/NDP are in much worse shape and you do realize you are the minority by how you feel, right? If you are a Liberal only 26.2% of the voters felt the way you do and if you are an NDP supporter only 18.2% of the voters feel the way you do. Not to mention the number of people who voted for either of those parties and are now not supporting them because of this coalition.
    As far as i'm concerned, if you didn't vote in the last election, you have no complaining rights. Your time to have a say was then, not now. That being said, it is true that no one voted for a coaltion government. But our elected MPs make decisions all the time that the Canadian people don't vote on. That is why we elect them to represent us--and there is obviously a certain amount of trust that they will do what we want. And if they don't, well that's too bad, so sad. There are a lot of things that our elected officials do that i would vote against, but hey, i do what i can at the ballot box and the rest is beyond my control. The people can only hope that if their elected representatives make a policy or decision (or a budget) so off the wall, that the House would reject that -- in a non-confidence vote. Those are the checks and balances in place. If Harper decided that he wanted to attack the US, i would certainly hope the House would put a stop to that .

I completely agree that Dion is not fit to be PM, and appears to be part of a crew of bumbling idiots. However, each faction of a coalition government is dependent on the other, so it's not like he would be governing will-nilly.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Sialia View Post
    Awww, Grimm, I feel so left out. You forgot about those of us up in the north. How come we don't get any vitriol?
    cuz y'all aren't whiny assholes
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    cuz y'all aren't whiny assholes
    Clearly we're not trying hard enough. I'll work on it.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

So some of you want a coalition government where the Bloc has veto powers. The Bloc who won't take the oath of allegiance and who refuse to enter the house of commons until they are done singing 'O Canada. And we want them to make decisions for all Canadians?

Here's a idea. Let Quebec separate from Canada. The conservatives would have 143 seats and the Liberals and NDP would have 114 seats. Then for our economic stimulus we would have the 8.028 Billion we currently give Quebec under the equalization payments. Add to that the money saved on reducing the commons by 49 seats. Then lets not forget the billions we would save in not having to provide services to Quebec like Justice, Employment Services, Canada Post, Transportation, Agriculture, multiculturialism, Health, Seniors Services, Tourism, etc. etc. etc. Seems like a lot money to stimulate our economy and even bail out the auto industry.

Just a thought...

Last edited by a_dogs_life; December 5th, 2008 at 11:14 PM.

Hell no.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Waaay over my head
    ssabmud

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information