Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canada Doesn't Help It's Citizens Abroad

SVZ

Default Re: Canada Doesn't Help It's Citizens Abroad

wow...someone's got their knickers in a knot

heaven forbid people criticize our country

it's not personal

Yesterday, Dr. Sadan Goel of Orangeville sent his condolences to the Ianiero family, noting that "we know what it is like first-hand to lose a loved one."

His wife, Dr. Asha Goel, was found beaten to death in the home of a relative in Mumbai, India, on Aug. 23, 2003. For more than two years, he said, Canadian authorities assured his family that the murder investigation by Mumbai police was going well. "The Goels, however, repeatedly and publicily urged the Department of Foreign Affairs and the RCMP to take a greater interest and play a more active role in uncovering the truth," he said, in a letter to the Star.
    I know this family well. Asha was one of my doctors and she did my first surgery. My assistant's wife was the receptionist for both of them. This really was a terrible & brutal crime and even though both the Indian & Canadian police know what happened and who killed her, nothing will ever come of it.

But before we lay this on Harper's door Grim, lets remember it was the Liberals in government. We really are toothless when it comes to international incidents. The whole world my like us, but the sure as hell aren't afraid of any repercussions.
    Vegetarian - Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter"

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

P.S. At least our Canadian schools educate us that there's no contraction in the above, It's, as it should be spelled, Its (it's a possesive pronoun) . But I'm sure your country has warmer winters than ours. That's my positive remark back to yours. Thank you.
    It was prolly just a typo!

my, your, his, her, their and ITS!!!

there is =there's, here is = here's, that is = that's, where is = where's and it is = it's!!

I think it's fair enough that there are some Canadian news and political articles whoever posts them, there are quite a few Canadians always commenting on US politics and even some Middle East issues. I actually think it's nice that Americans have some interest in Canadian politics.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

That's just SO Canadian of you, Moomies. To thank people for taking an interest in our country by criticizing it!!!! Hehhehehe.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

hehe, I'm not legally Canadian yet but I already started feeling like one at heart long time ago Now I need to learn the anthem...haha

O Canada!
    Our home and native land!
    True patriot love in all thy sons command

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

I love when non-Canadians post negative items of Canada, when they probably have much more unfavorable happenings in their country, but they try to deflect that by bad-mouthing and pointing fingers elsewhere.
    Oh my Mtlbay someone had a huge chip on her shoulder! I did not post this because of any distress over anything posted about America. If you noticed I frequently bash Bush and America with the best of them here. And I never take it personally and whine when Grimm posts anti-American articles. I posted it because it was interesting and it was news to me. Jeez,thin skinned.

And who died making you the fucking grammar police? Take a chill pill, or some of those delicious Tim Hortons doughnuts.

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    wait wait wait

who are YOU to talk about canadian politics undercover are YOU canadian!??!?! only canadians have the right to talk about canadian politics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's funny how this was said in jest and mockery, and then someone actually said it

countries have to offeir their citizens abroad consular services and protection. but they can't do anything about crimes committed in other countries and they can't step in and replace the judicial or police system in said country should anything happen. americans are different because their authorities bully foreign governments and think that's how you get things done. but really your government can't replace another country's governmetn should anything happen to you. and once it does, the most they can do is try to put pressure on that country's governmetn to co-operate, etc. which i agree canada could have done more of in kazemi's case.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Mushy
    OMG Have you ever taken a peek at the US Politics thread on this board??
    Gotta agree with you on this one Mushy...even if I agree with 99% of it, it just gets SOOOO TIRESOME!!!!! You would think nothing ever happens that is postive and good in this country.

Ok. i will say some good things about other places.

Toronto(when I was there in the 80's) had a huge low-end store on the west side that had jeans on sale but no changing room..I asked about trying them on and they said to just go ahead and do it right in the store..so I did! Just pulled my pants off right there and tried on a bunch of jeans. It was fun just being in your underwear right out in the store with hordes of people about(and some doing the same thing). I have never been any other place where that was allowed. Fun!!!

Melbourne-has more gay bath-houses than Sydney and Toronto combined(and is smaller than both of them)! Also one of the first cities to run a TV commercial for said establishments(1993) Go Melbourne!!!

London. I want to go there just so I can see "council housing" and play "spot the chav and chavette" and British accents are hot! *plus they spawned the US so they can't hate us nearly as much as the rest of the world, right?*

Vancouver. Beautiful location and no building too high to block or mar the views(kind of like Honolulu). Also isn't BC pot supposed to be the best? (parents have been there and said it was clean and beautiful compared to most US cities, and they have seen alot of them).

Um, I'd just like to point out for the umpteenth time that ME CRITICIZING THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT DOES NOT MAKE ME ANTI-AMERICAN.

PLEASE STOP PROMOTING THAT STUPID IDEA.

Kthxbye
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Canada? - Lots of wonderful food like poutine and some of the best pizza I've ever eaten. Candy, candy candy, those wonderful Aerobars. Nice people and Tim Hortons. And good cheap shopping.
    France? - The Flea Market on the Left Bank, French pastries. The view.
    Germany? - Where else is getting and staying drunk a way of life? The food was wonderful and how can you hate a place so clean. The bread is to die for and candy, candy, candy. The Alps, the beer! Hiking, palaces, small villages and lots to buy. The huge Red Light districts.
    Italy? - Against more scenic wonder to see and more great food to eat and wines. I could happily live in either Venice or any place in Northern Italy.
    Austria? - Salzburg is one of the most beautiful places on earth and the annual music fest is a lot of fun. Innsbruck is so pretty and the skating on the former Olympic site is fun.
    England? - Shopping, lots of beer and more old stuff to look at.
    Scotland? - Cute flirty men and beautiful countryside.
    Holland? - Tulips, gardens, cheese and chocolate and nice people. Pot and hookers..
    Russia? - The people are friendly.
    Kenya? - The people are friendly.
    Haiti? - The people are friendly (mostly).

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    Um, I'd just like to point out for the umpteenth time that ME CRITICIZING THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT DOES NOT MAKE ME ANTI-AMERICAN.

PLEASE STOP PROMOTING THAT STUPID IDEA.

Kthxbye
    Most everyone is entirely too sensitive here. Everyone take a deep breath and go spank yourselves.

Grrrrr.... so you are not anti American. Bad choice of words on my part. But.. even you have to admit that the stuff you post and your attacks on the government could be seen as 'anti American' by right wing fundies. Take a deep breath and go spank yourself.

It's (correct usage Grammar police because I'm fully awake now..) not anti Canadian for me to post what I did either. I just thought it was interesting. If you're offended go take a deep breath and go spank yourself.

Grrrrr.... so you are not anti American. Bad choice of words on my part. But.. even you have to admit that the stuff you post and your attacks on the government could be seen as 'anti American' by right wing fundies. Take a deep breath and go spank yourself.
    *giggles* and when I give those idiots the time of day to actually give a flying fuck what THEY think, is the day I strap Old Glory onto my back and run around screaming about 'turrists and freedom fries.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    *giggles* and when I give those idiots the time of day to actually give a flying fuck what THEY think, is the day I strap Old Glory onto my back and run around screaming about 'turrists and freedom fries.
    You should care about what the crazy right wing fundies think because they are out to take over CANADA too!!! They are in power(in a sense) now and will not stop with just taking your right to marry away! Kill them before they can do more damage there!(it is too late for us here ) *gets ready to commit suicide by driving to Detroit, getting out of car and yelling "white power" at the top of his lungs*

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMix
    freedom fries with cheese.

Mmm, almost poutine like.

I need to figure out how to make veggie poutine...
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information