Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The British hate the French. Shock.

Default Re: The British hate the French. Shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    You're right Nana, but a part of the Americans who hate us do not know much about our government, or don't care... They just hate us for being French, and for doing all the terrible things they believe we do, like:
    not washing ourselves (no comment),
    I've spent a lot of time in France and I can testify that French people DO wash themselves. Frequently. What the French people I knew did NOT do was wear deodorant.

not shaving our armpits (this one is strange, all women in France between 16 and 70 shave/depilate)
    Hahahaha, that's not true; I saw hairy pits aplenty in France, though most women do shave. I see more hairy pits and legs in the UK than I do in France, that's for damn sure.

surrender at every war (yes we did during WW2, for reasons that have also been discussed and explained on this board, and no, Iraq was NOT a surrender!!)

No comment.

eating cheese (yes, I confess this disgusting habit),
    You guys eat about as much cheese as the British. They eat a LOT of cheese.

eating garlic (yes, but no more than Greeks, Italians or Spaniards -which I am too by the way, so I guess that counts double in terms of eating garlic, but I wash my teeth 3 times a day, I swear),
    I didn't think French food was any more garlicky than food in the UK or the US.

eating snails (same as garlic they eat them in many countries too but I'm not very fond of them)
    Y'all DO eat snails, but only on special occasions.

frog legs (eaten as well in Asia, personally, I would never eat them, frogs are way too cute animals)
    I've never met a French person who admits to having eaten frog legs.

smoking like chimneys (not completely true, as according to surveys there are more non smokers than smokers in France, but sadly true when it comes to smoking in public places as smokers and café/restaurants owners do not respect the law at all… I belong to the unfortunate non smoker people who have to put with this everyday), being rude and arrogant (our supreme crime for which we should all burn in hell), and many more I forget, but we still can check Foxnews or the Sun for more terrifying facts about France and the French…
    Hahahah, you guys DO smoke a lot. More than Americans, anyway.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

bebechat a word: this whole damn website is about "judging" &/or you should follow your own advice and stop "judging" me for "judging" the crappy French and their foul govt.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Carlo, thanks for the good things about the French. As I said my husband was born and bred in Ardennes France. He showers twice a day, always always uses deodrant and is neither rude or snooty. Probably the opposite since he is an auto mechanic. There is always some truth to sterotypes or there wouldn't be stereotypes. Do the Americans like it when Europe claims all Americans are "ugly americans"? Of course not. We are all learning and understanding each other more and more. The deodrant thing is true with older men, they think women like it. They did a poll and almost every woman finds B.O. disgusting.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by disruptivehair View Post
    I've never met a French person who admits to having eaten frog legs.
    I eat frog legs and I must confess that it is quite tasty, but only once a year, usually for Christmas ( with snails of course ).

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    bebechat a word: this whole damn website is about "judging" &/or you should follow your own advice and stop "judging" me for "judging" the crappy French and their foul govt.
    I agree with you on that point but gossiping is not about free bashing

Quote Originally Posted by disruptivehair View Post
    What the French people I knew did NOT do was wear deodorant.
    Ewww, I'm lucky all the people I know do use deodorant...

Hahahaha, that's not true; I saw hairy pits aplenty in France, though most women do shave. I see more hairy pits and legs in the UK than I do in France, that's for damn sure.
    Me too, I saw more abroad than in France (never saw a "hairy" woman here, honest, but maybe I'm in complete denial LOL)

Hahahah, you guys DO smoke a lot. More than Americans, anyway.
    Yes the French smoke too much and I hate it...

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    The deodrant thing is true with older men, they think women like it. They did a poll and almost every woman finds B.O. disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    I agree, Racism isn't the right word, but it is the right "feeling". I'm tired of it too. I think Americans are the only people who hate a whole country and its people for what the government does.

LOL....wrongo!

I'd have to say that most gays 'suck'

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

they suck and blow
    Vegetarian - Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    before calling the french cowards, it should be noted that frence lost more men in the First World War than the U.S. has in all of its external wars combined. maybe they didn't jump at the chance to invade afghanistan or iraq because they've learned their lessons from history, or at least one of them. i don't think any country that, like the US, has so little experience (in this century at least) with war on its own soil, should be so quick to judge when another doesn't want to jump into a war. and an illegal one at that.
    i also don't understand all this picking on the french as opposed to any other country... i mean, what about italy? they changed sides more than halfway through both world wars...

Because Italians are lovers NOT fighters, Baby. AND................
    the thread is about the French and the English.

^^^^
    did i hit a nerve?

I avoided this thread from the first day it appeared because I knew what it would turn into. But I couldn't resist. Somebody bumped it. I dunno who. I dunno why. All's I can say is this: THE FOLLOWING QUOTE NEEDS REPEATING. Just in case somebody missed it. It's a very important, very true point.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMix View Post
    I would have to agree. In reading through this thread today in its entirety, I was wondering when the America bashing would begin. When someone mentioned they felt like everyone felt like they could put France down like no other country it made me chuckle because there is a WHOLE LOT of US bashing on this board and other boards.
    Its really pretty funny because we ALL know that, no matter what the race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, etc etc, there will be some we like and some we don't.
    Some American's suck. Some are great.
    Some French suck. Some are great.
    Some gays suck. Some are great.
    Some whites/blacks/Asians/Hebrews/ Christians/Atheists/Muslims/Latinos/women/ men/children/parents/coworkers/dogs/Greeks/ Brits/breeders etc etc ETC suck total hairy ass. And some are great.

We ALLLLLLLLLL know this.
    Regarding the topic at hand: Yeah. Big fucking shock.

"Given this common background, the English, in spite of themselves, tend to give way to what Freud called 'the narcissism of minor differences'. We make a great deal of what distinguishes us from the French, for fear of seeing our prized identity lose its uniqueness by being revealed as just another set of shared human traits."

Word. We're all just people, man.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    did i hit a nerve?

Very teeny little one. I'll survive.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

Is that literal or figurative sucking you're talking about?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information