Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The British hate the French. Shock.

Default Re: The British hate the French. Shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    It comes to a point when it's just incessant, irrational bashing that people start putting up hands and objecting.
    funny that..kind of sounds like you and the US, now doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    "polite" and "French" don't go together! The French wouldn't know manners/tact if it smacked them in the face!
    Does RESPECT mean something for you ? Who do you think you are to judge people ?? You really should be ashame of your behaviour. Just come and try to smack me in the face petite pétasse

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    funny that..kind of sounds like you and the US, now doesn't it?
    Actually no, I go after the present administration and particular idiots within the country, thanks.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by bebechat View Post
    Does RESPECT mean something for you ? Who do you think you are to judge people ?? You really should be ashame of your behaviour. Just come and try to smack me in the face petite pétasse
    Simmer down, let's not let nationalistic stupidity ruin the thread for everyone.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Simmer down, let's not let nationalistic stupidity ruin the thread for everyone.
    I'm sorry but I can't stand those racists post anymore, you know it's not the first one and it's getting insulting. You certainly would react in a different way if it was racism against your nationality I guess. I'm not nationalist (i'm just half french), but I just think that every racism is untolerable and should not be accepted. But you are the moderator here

It's not racist, 'French' is not a race. No nationality is a race. I've said this 3 times now.

However, it IS just plain rude, and labelling people with stereotypes.

Also, there is no need to insult the moderators when they are attempting to handle it.

It's not racist, 'French' is not a race. No nationality is a race. I've said this 3 times now.

However, it IS just plain rude, and labelling people with stereotypes.
    Whatever you call it : Total disrepect, intolerence or just ignorance, insulting other nations or communities should not be tolerate IMO.
    BTW, I find it quite disturbing that insulting people because they're black or white is "racism" and insulting people because they 're born in one or another country is just "plain rude" to you ...

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Also, there is no need to insult the moderators when they are attempting to handle it.
    Can you show me where I insulted the moderator please ???

SVZ

geeez, how boring could we, you know...just not argue and be a happy place?

don't make me put clowns everywhere

BTW, I find it quite disturbing that insulting people because they're black or white is "racism" and insulting people because they 're born in one or another country is just "plain rude" to you ...
    Racism is a specific term, concerning RACE. Obviously you can't use RACISM to describe this situation, because 'french', or 'english' or fucking 'Canadian' is not a race. It's a nationality.

That makes the 4th time I've had to explain this. Could someone please turn off the stupid gas?

Quote Originally Posted by bebechat View Post
    Can you show me where I insulted the moderator please ???
    I apologize for using the wrong word. I meant condescending.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Let's just come up with a new term to describe this thing you guys are discussing then.
    OK, how about countrism, ethnic prejudice, geographical discrimination, hateism. We are all smart here, I'm sure we can coin a term appropriate for this situation we are experiencing.

I think racism is based on the person's colour of skin...like blacks, Caucasians, Asians, Latinos etc, these are races.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I agree, Racism isn't the right word, but it is the right "feeling". I'm tired of it too. I think Americans are the only people who hate a whole country and its people for what the government does.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

You're right Nana, but a part of the Americans who hate us do not know much about our government, or don't care... They just hate us for being French, and for doing all the terrible things they believe we do, like:
    not washing ourselves (no comment), not shaving our armpits (this one is strange, all women in France between 16 and 70 shave/depilate)
    surrender at every war (yes we did during WW2, for reasons that have also been discussed and explained on this board, and no, Iraq was NOT a surrender!!)
    eating cheese (yes, I confess this disgusting habit), eating garlic (yes, but no more than Greeks, Italians or Spaniards -which I am too by the way, so I guess that counts double in terms of eating garlic, but I wash my teeth 3 times a day, I swear), eating snails (same as garlic they eat them in many countries too but I'm not very fond of them) frog legs (eaten as well in Asia, personally, I would never eat them, frogs are way too cute animals)
    smoking like chimneys (not completely true, as according to surveys there are more non smokers than smokers in France, but sadly true when it comes to smoking in public places as smokers and café/restaurants owners do not respect the law at all… I belong to the unfortunate non smoker people who have to put with this everyday), being rude and arrogant (our supreme crime for which we should all burn in hell), and many more I forget, but we still can check Foxnews or the Sun for more terrifying facts about France and the French…

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information