Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The British hate the French. Shock.

Default Re: The British hate the French. Shock.

Freedom fries? Again? You got to be kidding me...

I am an Albertan, and I gotta say I totally dispise the Quebec Seperatists. I also think that the French as a whole are arrogant back-stabbing cowards that needs to be bitch-slapped daily.

In my opinion the Seperatists should have been charged with treason for soliciting our CANADIAN military. These bastards are again trying to get the movement going. They actually think that all the military bases, and equipment should stay with them. They are also thinking that they can keep everything we as Canadians gave them, that we will forget about their portion of the debt, and that all will be forgiven. Well if those bastards think they should seperate, let them go, last time the First Nation Indians in Northern Quebec made it very clear that they were Canadian, and they will stay Canadian.

Ok, enough of my french rant! I will leave this discussion with a joke...

Did you hear about the guy with the map of Canada tattooed on his ass?

Every time he sits down, Quebec separates.

Quote Originally Posted by deckchick View Post
    I also think that the French as a whole are arrogant back-stabbing cowards that needs to be bitch-slapped daily.
    Well, sorry but this is a very narrow minded (to put it mildly) vision you have. Some French are indeed arrogant and some are indeed cowards, but you cannot say this for all French.
    There are plenty of cowards and arrogant people in Canada I'm sure and I still don't think Canadians as a whole need to be bitch-slapped daily.
    Have you ever been to France, or met any French? Maybe you should stop relying on what some certain media choose to tell you.

Just replace the word French by Black or Jew and you will see how offensive your words sound.

^^^just to be technically correct, you wouldn't be able to change the word to black, or jew. to make a correct analogy, you would have to replace the word "french" with a different country name, ie, germans, americans, afghanistans, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    Well, sorry but this is a very narrow minded (to put it mildly) vision you have. Some French are indeed arrogant and some are indeed cowards, but you cannot say this for all French.
    There are plenty of cowards and arrogant people in Canada I'm sure and I still don't think Canadians as a whole need to be bitch-slapped daily.
    Have you ever been to France, or met any French? Maybe you should stop relying on what some certain media choose to tell you.

Just replace the word French by Black or Jew and you will see how offensive your words sound.
    Yes I have met some French people, both from France and Quebec, some are very nice, some are just as I assumed. I have been to Quebec several times, before the referendum vote and after. I have had various Quebecers look at me like I am a freak if I don't speak french and I find that very offensive. Last time I looked those crybabies were still Canadian. I don't say I am an Albertan, an Ontarian or an Anglo-Canadian, so why the hell do they need to say they are French-Canadian? I have grown up listening to Quebec threaten to leave, I say go or shut the hell up and be a Canadian.

As for the French needing to be bitch-slapped, I still say they do. Your fearless leader De Gaulle stuck his nose in Canadian business and not only openly supported separation, but covertly did too. There is evidence that the French government supported the FLQ. And then there is the bombing of the "Rainbow Warrior" It took 20 years for your government to admit it, but they bombed the ship and killed a photographer.

I know that other countries have issues, but these are my underlying reasons for despising the French as a whole.

Yes I have met some French people, both from France and Quebec, some are very nice, some are just as I assumed.
    As for the French needing to be bitch-slapped, I still say they do. Your fearless leader De Gaulle stuck his nose in Canadian business and not only openly supported separation, but covertly did too. There is evidence that the French government supported the FLQ. And then there is the bombing of the "Rainbow Warrior" It took 20 years for your government to admit it, but they bombed the ship and killed a photographer.

I know that other countries have issues, but these are my underlying reasons for despising the French as a whole.

Can't really talk about Quebec,I don't know their situation well enough to discuss. But, I agree with you, I'm not very fond of separatists eather, in any country.

I won't disagree with you about De Gaulle and all the nasty things the French governments have done in the past and are still doing. We currently have a terrible governement but all I can tell you is that not all the French voted for them.

I understand your reasons for hating the things that France have done but I'm still shocked you keep on judging all the French (the people) as a whole.
    I really dislike Bush's actions and the US has, like France, also an extended history of awful actions, like as you said, plenty of countries but I refuse to hate or despise all Americans because of that.
    I don't want to argue for hours about that, I just wanted to let you know it's kind of unfair how people are systematically picking on the French rather than other countries...

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    ^^^just to be technically correct, you wouldn't be able to change the word to black, or jew. to make a correct analogy, you would have to replace the word "french" with a different country name, ie, germans, americans, afghanistans, etc.

Thanks Dexter, sorry about that. As you will have noticed English is not my mother tongue...
    But I guess you got my point.

Can't really talk about Quebec,I don't know their situation well enough to discuss. But, I agree with you, I'm not very fond of separatists eather, in any country.

I won't disagree with you about De Gaulle and all the nasty things the French governments have done in the past and are still doing. We currently have a terrible governement but all I can tell you is that not all the French voted for them.

I understand your reasons for hating the things that France have done but I'm still shocked you keep on judging all the French (the people) as a whole.
    I really dislike Bush's actions and the US has, like France, also an extended history of awful actions, like as you said, plenty of countries but I refuse to hate or despise all Americans because of that.
    I don't want to argue for hours about that, I just wanted to let you know it's kind of unfair how people are systematically picking on the French rather than other countries...

You know what? you are right. I will rephrase.

While I am sure that the ordinary french are just normal people like us, I DETEST how the French Government (both in France & the pertinent ones in Quebec) as a whole are whiny, lying, meddling scumbags that need to be bitch-slapped daily.

While I am sure that the ordinary french are just normal people like us, I DETEST how the French Government (both in France & the pertinent ones in Quebec) as a whole are whiny, lying, meddling scumbags that need to be bitch-slapped daily.
    Well! It seems we finally agree on one point.
    I detest them too, and I know what I'm talking about, living in France.
    Still it's funny how Canadians keep on referring to the Québécois as French, they're not French in the strict sense. They're really different from us, even the language is not exactly the same, and.. they hate us too!

Well! It seems we finally agree on one point.
    I detest them too, and I know what I'm talking about, living in France.
    Still it's funny how Canadians keep on referring to the Québécois as French, they're not French in the strict sense. They're really different from us, even the language is not exactly the same, and.. they hate us too!
    oy, just when we were coming to an understanding...

Still it's funny how Canadians keep on referring to the Québécois as French, they're not French in the strict sense.

deleted because Carlo didn't realize the Québécois are known as French-Canadians...

And I apologize if I seem touchy Carlo, the Separatist Movement is again afoot in Canada.
    Last edited by deckchick; November 9th, 2005 at 03:35 PM.

oy, just when we were coming to an understanding...

Still it's funny how Canadians keep on referring to the Québécois as French, they're not French in the strict sense.

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it must be a fucking duck!

We refer to them as French because they call themselves French!

And again I am struck by the arrogance of a frenchman... won't even allow anyone else to call themselves french...
    I didn't know they called themselves French, sorry !
    I only hear Québécois here. So don't be so touchy, I didn't mean to be arrogant, I was just trying to understand something. And I was trying to share something with you, the fact that their culture is different, not being protective of the French brandname or something. I don't really care how they want to be called and I'm sorry you misunterpreted my post, but maybe again it's because of the arrogant reputation we have overseas.

I didn't know they called themselves French, sorry !
    I only hear Québécois here. So don't be so touchy, I didn't mean to be arrogant, I was just trying to understand something. And I was trying to share something with you, the fact that their culture is different, not being protective of the French brandname or something. I don't really care how they want to be called and I'm sorry you misunterpreted my post, but maybe again it's because of the arrogant reputation we have overseas.
    Sorry Carlo, I have edited the above statement, and I have given myself a timeout... I am off to sit in the corner until I can play nice

No problem!
    I think I'll take some rest too

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I also think that the French as a whole are arrogant back-stabbing cowards that needs to be bitch-slapped daily.
    You're a genius!
    cause I totally agree w/ you and I'm a genius so...

before calling the french cowards, it should be noted that frence lost more men in the First World War than the U.S. has in all of its external wars combined. maybe they didn't jump at the chance to invade afghanistan or iraq because they've learned their lessons from history, or at least one of them. i don't think any country that, like the US, has so little experience (in this century at least) with war on its own soil, should be so quick to judge when another doesn't want to jump into a war. and an illegal one at that.
    i also don't understand all this picking on the french as opposed to any other country... i mean, what about italy? they changed sides more than halfway through both world wars...
    Last edited by sputnik; November 14th, 2005 at 05:47 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information