Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: On The Brink Of War In The Middle East (Again)

Default Re: On The Brink Of War In The Middle East (Again)

Quote Originally Posted by Delphinium
    ...kinda like the mullahs, ayatollahs, and the like... funny you don't mind them calling for our destruction one bit. But then we all know the anti-American bias which abounds on this board.
    I don't mind? Gee, I think you may be putting words in my mouth. I have never said anything of the sort. I am not anti-American and have not seen anti-American sentiment on this board. I want the country of my birth to revert to its founding principles. I want honour and decency and accountability in its government. I don't believe in the sacrificing of liberty. I don't believe in censorship. I don't believe in the dissemination of lies. If this makes me anti-American, your definition of what it is to be American does not match mine.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

It's really much simpler than that. They think we're the devil and they believe in killing themselves to prove the point. So, I say, instead of coming here and killing innocent people, who want to live, we should do them the favor.
    "A liberal is a person who's interests aren't at stake, at the moment." -Willis Player

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/%5B...G%5D%5B/URL%5D

Does anybody ever wonder WHY they think you're the devil?

Does that cross any one's mind at all? I mean, it doesn't just pop outta thin air.

This is the level of self reflection that's missing in America today. No looking inward at all.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

So it's ok to hate a country different than yours? YOUR hate is ok, but OURS isn't? I'm supposed to tolerate the very people who don't tolerate me in my own country?! Why should I have to stop and think about who hates me and why? Do you? People have a problem with Americas freedoms, abundance and power. It's the same reason blue-collar workers hate "the man" No one should have to apologize for their success, and if someoe decides they have a problem with the U.S. they don't have to live here. That's the freedom of choice.
    "A liberal is a person who's interests aren't at stake, at the moment." -Willis Player

So it's ok to hate a country different than yours? YOUR hate is ok, but OURS isn't?
    Who said I hated any country?

I'm supposed to tolerate the very people who don't tolerate me in my own country?!
    I hav news for you, they don't actually give a crap about you and wouldn't give a crap about your country if it didn't fuck them over time after time. Military bases on their holy lands, supporting the corrupt dictators who oppress them, hell.. even ARMING them. Hello, remember when Saddam was America's bosom buddy and ally? How do you think that made the oppressed peoples of that country feel?

Why should I have to stop and think about who hates me and why? Do you?
    This is exactly the mentality i'm talking about: Why bother asking why, hell, nobody needs to UNDERSTAND. All that matters is REACTING!

That's braindead. If you understand WHY, you can figure out what's causing the hate and stop it. If you don't know WHY, you can't very well do that now can you?

It's pretty frigging obvious. I always want to know why, because maybe i'm doing something i shouldnt be and pissing people off. But that apparently doesn't seem to matter, because hey.. if you have this ridiculous all-powerful self important view of yourself, you're not going to try to understand why. people should just be swept out of your way, right?

People have a problem with Americas freedoms, abundance and power.
    Actually, that's a load of crap and propaganda. "They hate our freedoms!"

Give me a fucking break, do some research on the mentality these people have. They don't give a damn about your 'freedoms' nor your wealth. They care about America interfering in their internal affairs like it's beeen doing for the last 50 years.

Stop repeating tired Bush-isms.

It's the same reason blue-collar workers hate "the man" No one should have to apologize for their success, and if someoe decides they have a problem with the U.S. they don't have to live here. That's the freedom of choice.
    They don't live there, and yet their lives are still affected by all the shady dealings the US engages in.. the Shah, Noriega, Saddam, Osama.. READ YOUR HISTORY.

I can't stand it when people simply repeat talking points like they know wtf they're going on about.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I can't stand people who form opinions based on hate. You hate America, so you support the attacks on the U.S., and have the nerve to say "You had it coming" I don't agree with some things, but show me a government that isn't flawed and more corrupt than America for that matter. I'm not agreeing with your point that it's in any way deserved, just like innocent people in Iraq don't deserve to die, either. Strapping a bomb to yourself to express your belief is no more noble than dropping a bomb to express your hate.

I can't stand people who form opinions based on hate.
    I can't stand people who form opinions based on ignorance.

You hate America, so you support the attacks on the U.S.
    Show me where I said I hated America, and support attacks on the US. Are you copying Junglemonkey/Delphinium now? Unless you can back that statement up, don't make it at all and don't put words in people's mouths because you lack strength in your position. That's weakminded.

and have the nerve to say "You had it coming"
    you DID have it coming, it was coming for a long time. You can only stir the shit so long before you get some flung back at you.

Did innocent people deserve to die (if you believe ol Osama had anything to do with 9/11, which the FBI concluded there's no actual evidence linking him to it)? No, they didn't. Was it unexpected? Certainly not. That's reality. Enough people saw it coming but that didn't dissuade the powers that be from changing their actions.. they just figured it could never happen because the US is all powerful. Mistake #1.

I don't agree with some things, but show me a government that isn't flawed and more corrupt than America for that matter.
    Oh many are just as bad, or worse on a local level... but show me a government that has the reach and ability that America has to affect the entire planet?

I'm not agreeing with your point that it's in any way deserved, just like innocent people in Iraq don't deserve to die, either.
    AGAIN: point to where I said it was deserved. No? Can't do it?

I thought not. I didn't say DESERVED, i said EXPECTED. Why do I have to keep repeating this for people who can't take the time to read properly?

Strapping a bomb to yourself to express your belief is no more noble than dropping a bomb to express your hate.
    No, but one entails personal sacrifice and the other doesn't require much at all. That's the big difference. However, the point remains the same.

Not really personal sacrifice when you take down a plane of people with you, or others around you. You can pick apart my sentences all day long but i'm talking about Muslim extremists that promote violence against America because of it's existance.You aren't talking about the war, which is a religious one. There is no room for politics when dealing with terrorists. You're too busy pointing the finger in the wrong direction to see where the problem lies.

Not really personal sacrifice when you take down a plane of people with you, or others around you.
    It's the ultimate personal sacrifice if you're the one flying the plane! lol

You can pick apart my sentences all day long but i'm talking about Muslim extremists that promote violence against America because of it's existance.
    They don't care about America existing! They care about America fucking with their internal issues and oppressing them by proxy through tyrants and dictators like the House of Saud, Saddam, Noriega, and by having military bases and imperialist policies in their holy lands... get it? If none of that happened, they wouldn't CARE.

You aren't talking about the war, which is a religious one. There is no room for politics when dealing with terrorists. You're too busy pointing the finger in the wrong direction to see where the problem lies.
    No, I'm busy trying to understand the motivators and causes of that kind of madness, while you're busy rattling a saber and swatting at shadows.

Which do you think works better as a solution? Preventing the disease or spending billions treating it?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    It's the ultimate personal sacrifice if you're the one flying the plane! lol
    Why do you have to comment on every sentence I say? lol

They don't care about America existing! They care about America fucking with their internal issues and oppressing them by proxy through tyrants and dictators like the House of Saud, Saddam, Noriega, and by having military bases and imperialist policies in their holy lands... get it? If none of that happened, they wouldn't CARE.
    Are you a teacher?

No, I'm busy trying to understand the motivators and causes of that kind of madness, while you're busy rattling a saber and swatting at shadows.

Which do you think works better as a solution? Preventing the disease or spending billions treating it?
    I finally agree. We should kill them in the womb.

Why do you have to comment on every sentence I say? lol
    .. because they're each individual thoughts and points, and better addressed one by one?

Are you a teacher?
    No, just educated.

I finally agree. We should kill them in the womb.
    But abortion is a SIN!

That's not the pre-emptive tactic I was referring to, and you know it.

But abortion is a SIN!

That's not the pre-emptive tactic I was referring to, and you know it.
    Luckily I'm pro-choice!

Quote Originally Posted by hankypanky
    It's really much simpler than that. They think we're the devil and they believe in killing themselves to prove the point. So, I say, instead of coming here and killing innocent people, who want to live, we should do them the favor.
    yep. you pretty much summed it up!

No, that's a simplistic, childish view.

Quote Originally Posted by hankypanky
    So it's ok to hate a country different than yours? YOUR hate is ok, but OURS isn't? I'm supposed to tolerate the very people who don't tolerate me in my own country?! Why should I have to stop and think about who hates me and why? Do you? People have a problem with Americas freedoms, abundance and power. It's the same reason blue-collar workers hate "the man" No one should have to apologize for their success, and if someoe decides they have a problem with the U.S. they don't have to live here. That's the freedom of choice.
    Some of these people in the Middle East are intimidated and afraid to lose what little "power" they perceive themselves having, usually through terrorizing their own people.

I saw a snippet on 60 minutes (I think) tonight in which a man from the military was describing a town that was taken over by Al Qaida. They left headless bodies in the street, kidnapped a child, killed it, planted explosives in it's body and blew up his dad when he came to the retrieve the body.

There is NO comparing US tactics with this, despite what Grimm I am sure will try and do.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information