Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Arab nations want UN resolution banning "slandering" of religion

Default Re: Arab nations want UN resolution banning "slandering" of religion

Has nothing to do with Holocaust, its directed at the "freedom of speech" interpretations.

Oddly, it mentions the "dogma" of the Holocaust quite frequently..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Yup it mentions it for comparison reasons, critical analysis to "freedom of speech" dogma.

Labelling it dogma pretty much devalues it, implying that it's unfounded and mere window dressing.

I'm critical of the industry that surrounds the holocaust all the time.. hell, even my hardcore jewish friends think it's disgusting how such a terrible event has been twisted into a catch-all excuse for present behavior by some parties.. but the event itself, and information surrounding it is not, in any way, dogma.

*slaps the pink triangle on his coat*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

[QUOTE=snakebread]
    But COME ON! Stop slandering religion? You mean... stop slandering idiotic bull**it? Stop slandering BRAINWASHING? Racism? Sexism and homophobia? Stop slandering the bribery of 10% of your salary based on some infantile fantasy of an afterlife? Religion SHOULD be slandered, because it's stupid and it creates so much fanaticism. Ick, ick ick. Take all the money and tax breaks wasted on churches and give it to programs that will educate people in science.[/QUOTE]

YES!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    Labelling it dogma pretty much devalues it, implying that it's unfounded and mere window dressing.
    I'll agree with that. I didnt really pay attention to the word 'dogma' because it's employed alot for religions but i understand what you are saying now, lol, thanks to dictionary.com

"n 1: a religious doctrine that is proclaimed as true without proof [syn: tenet] 2: a doctrine or code of beliefs accepted as authoritative; "he believed all the Marxist dogma"

This is totally a free speech issue..and I am sorry to the Muslims posting here but you do not have any constitutional right here in the US(and I doubt through the UN) to NOT BE OFFENDED! The right to "not be offended" is really not a 'right" at all. IMO. I just saw where some muslims came up with some cartoons of their own(one of which involved Hitler in bed with Anne Frank). I bet you don't see jews in general(or Israel in particular) rioting, burning down embassies, killing people or calling for the deaths of people. GET OVER YOURSELVES!(and your religion).

Why would Jews riot photos of Hitler with Anne Frank? which one of them is Prophet or represent Judaism? which one of them was portrayed in a way that meant Judaism is a terrorist religion?

We dont have right "Not to be Offended" but we were, people's emotions are not dictated by rights and constitutions. Rioting, threatning, and torching down embassies were overplayed by thewestern media when this happened in three countries only. Majority demontrated their anger before Danish embassies and boycotted their products.

I doubt they were overplayed. Also, life is not fair, so get used to it. It is an unfortunate fact that the 'worst" members of any group will get more than their fare attention from the media, and in general. It is this way with nearly all groups and Muslims are no exception. And as neither a Jew, Christian, or Muslim, I find the Hitler/Anne Frank in bed cartoon to be far more disgusting and offensive than a cartoon of Mohammed with a bomb on his head. Of course I am not ruled and governed by the limitied(and adulterated)views of a religion. Personally I find your comment(why would Jews be offended?) to be sick, and IMO Mohammed was nothing more than a twisted pedophile.

"why would Jews find that offensive" is sick? and your disgusting and rude comment about a Prophet is....what "civilized"? I still stand by my previous statement, Anne Frank was not a symbol of Judaism nor that cartoon ridiculed Judaism. And even though i have never heard about it, one can call it sick or inappropriate but def. not insulting to a religion and hence cannot even be compared to the offensive Danish cartoons. Anne/Hitler cartoon is like ridiculing the assasinated Sheikh Ahmed Yasin or Hussein Nasr-Allah, although they are great freedom righters, they will never be symbol of Islam nor labeling them as "terrorists" -as they already are by the West-will lead Muslims to riot. US soldiers crimes and inhumane treatments to Iraqi prisoners, have anyone torched down US Embassies and riot? some did demonstrate but even those demonstrators didnt relate that to Islam. Wake up there is difference between religious symbols/figures and some ordinary 'idolized' figures, like it or not.

You doubt they were overplayed? funny cos if you are honest about your location then you dont live in any Islamic country to witness that yourself. Life is not fair is true, but that doesnt mean we shall get used to it, to kneel and obey oppressers just because its unfair. If we have the strength, which we do, to fight for our rights then we must fight. A life without dignity doesnt worth it.
    Last edited by Karizma; March 8th, 2006 at 10:38 AM.

How is it overplayed when they report on a bunch of torched embassies, about a dozen people killed (that's the really funny part.. they're killing themselves and each other over a fucking cartoon, how moronic can you get), and show the rest screaming their heads off, yet doing it peacibly?

It looked pretty balanced to me.

Secondly, you can't understand how Ann Frank in bed with Hitler would be offensive? Anne Frank was a symbol of the Jewish people (Islam and Judaism long since merged with each culture.. sorry, but it's the truth. They aren't seperate these days) during the Holocaust, an embodiment of the horror they endured, and pretty much as close as you can get to a saint for those times. Considering the absolute repulsive nature of Hitler and his cronies, it would be like taking the rotting carcass of a pig and smearing it over every muslim on the planet. Kinda gross, not to mention defiling right?

Thirdly, you're not oppressed by a cartoon. Get over yourselves.

How is it overplayed when they report on a bunch of torched embassies, about a dozen people killed (that's the really funny part.. they're killing themselves and each other over a fucking cartoon, how moronic can you get), and show the rest screaming their heads off, yet doing it peacibly?
    Do you even know how many demonstrations have took place? and how many out of those turned out to be violent? In Pakistan alone dozens of demonstrations took place and only two of them were violent. In Syria, Iran and Lebanon the tourching down of embassies took place. Do you think demonstrations occured in three countries only? Western media overplayed those incidents because it cast a shadow over more serious things that happens in Iraq and Afghanistan, there is no other explanation to that.

It looked pretty balanced to me.
    As i said earlier you dont live in an Islamic country to witness it yourself. You only see what your media shows you. And no it was not balanced, as usual.

Secondly, you can't understand how Ann Frank in bed with Hitler would be offensive? Anne Frank was a symbol of the Jewish people (Islam and Judaism long since merged with each culture.. sorry, but it's the truth.
    I said Anne Frank is not a symbol of Judaism, not Jewish. Read closer what i wrote, i didnt say its not offensive, i said that cartoon didnt ridicule Judaism and hence wont expect Jews to riot, not that rioting is the righteous retaliation. I said it was sick and inappropriate, something you dont say about the Danish cartoons.

during the Holocaust, an embodiment of the horror they endured, and pretty much as close as you can get to a saint for those times. Considering the absolute repulsive nature of Hitler and his cronies, it would be like taking the rotting carcass of a pig and smearing it over every muslim on the planet. Kinda gross, not to mention defiling right?
    You dont need to come up with a fictional example, just say "like what is happening in Abu Gharib and Guantanamo prisons" and yes they are gross, and unlike that cartoons, they are actually crimes against humanity, but did you see any rioting for them? I didnt see any US Embassies torched down either?

Secondly, i think you know like everyone else on this planet know Arabs and Israelis have mutual disrespect, unfortunately. That's why Arabs won't show any respect to Jewish symbols, like Jewish won't show respect to Arabic symbols, generally speaking. While our 'freedom fighters' are equalized with terrorists, their criminals are being labelled as 'Men of Peace"! So if i am going now to critcise the ridiculing of Jewish symbols, i will also criticise the defiling of Arabic symbols. But this is another topic, right? and we can agree it has nothing to do with religion, but with 'idolized' figures due to sufferings.

Personally i do sympathise with Anne Frank and her suffering. I also find Iran's competition for cartoonists to ridicule the Holocust very uncivilized, immature and offending. I still dont get why Holocust has to be brought up when Danish cartoonists were the ones who printed the cartoon? i know this has to do with politics and the hostile climate between Iran and Israel but i dont find ridiculing the sufferings of human beings are justified at all.

Thirdly, you're not oppressed by a cartoon. Get over yourselves.
    I wasnt even refering to cartoons as oppression, i was only responding to the "life is unfair so get used to it" ridiculous comment.

Do you even know how many demonstrations have took place? and how many out of those turned out to be violent? In Pakistan alone dozens of demonstrations took place and only two of them were violent. In Syria, Iran and Lebanon the tourching down of embassies took place. Do you think demonstrations occured in three countries only? Western media overplayed those incidents because it cast a shadow over more serious things that happens in Iraq and Afghanistan, there is no other explanation to that.
    So let's get this straight: someone draws a stupid cartoon, and buildings are burned and people killed over it. Irregardless of how many peaceful protests took place, THATS STILL FUCKING STUPID. People DYING over it, killing each other and themselves over it? It's retarded!

Secondly, the "western media" didn't overplay anything. Like I said, what I saw was balanced. Sorry, but buildings being torched and people being murdered over a cartoon is certainly newsworthy whether you think so or not. If the media was so biased, I would have never even HEARD of all the thousands of peaceful protests that took place but since I did, your theory is shot to hell. Also, nice assumption that it was to "distract" people from the insanity of Iraq, considering during the cartoon stupidity more and more people were getting blown up there, and it was being reported anyway. Could you reign in this silly and baseless "anti-western" bias a tad?

As i said earlier you dont live in an Islamic country to witness it yourself. You only see what your media shows you. And no it was not balanced, as usual.
    No, I live in Canada which is renowned for being objective and balanced and that includes our media. I've already proven that. Secondly, you don't think people in Islamic countries get their media filtered and tilted? Come on, most of you live in autocracies and dictatorships where the media is state owned or beholden to whatever potentate is currently oppressing you.

I said Anne Frank is not a symbol of Judaism, not Jewish. Read closer what i wrote, i didnt say its not offensive, i said that cartoon didnt ridicule Judaism and hence wont expect Jews to riot, not that rioting is the righteous retaliation. I said it was sick and inappropriate, something you dont say about the Danish cartoons.
    Jewishness and Judaism are one and the same, just as Islam is meshed INEXTRICABLY with whatever culture it finds itself in. You can't insult one without the other.

Secondly, last I checked crazy islamofascists were the ones strapping bombs to themselves and blowing people up in the name of Allah and his prophets. Islam has become twisted by these people, and said prophet and said Allah are being used as a reason for their insanity. I would say a bomb in the turban of said prophet is pretty damned clever, and points out how said religion is being twisted. Also, seeing as how there's no actual part of the Qu'ran that says you can't draw the guy, there's nothiong left to get pissed off about unless you lump yourself in with the crazies the cartoon is referring to.

While our 'freedom fighters' are equalized with terrorists, their criminals are being labelled as 'Men of Peace"!
    Your 'freedom fighters' attack CIVILIANS, not the military. There's nothing honorable about blowing up a café filled with women and children. If they went after the military, I wouldn't give a damn.

So if i am going now to critcise the ridiculing of Jewish symbols, i will also criticise the defiling of Arabic symbols.
    There is a VAST difference, but you're too clouded to grasp my explanation.

I wasnt even refering to cartoons as oppression, i was only responding to the "life is unfair so get used to it" ridiculous comment.
    Life IS unfair, but torching buildings and killing people over an INCORRECTLY perceived offense is retardation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita
    I doubt they were overplayed. Also, life is not fair, so get used to it. It is an unfortunate fact that the 'worst" members of any group will get more than their fare attention from the media, and in general. It is this way with nearly all groups and Muslims are no exception. And as neither a Jew, Christian, or Muslim, I find the Hitler/Anne Frank in bed cartoon to be far more disgusting and offensive than a cartoon of Mohammed with a bomb on his head. Of course I am not ruled and governed by the limitied(and adulterated)views of a religion. Personally I find your comment(why would Jews be offended?) to be sick, and IMO Mohammed was nothing more than a twisted pedophile.
    How can you make such a sick statement about the Prophet?? That is incredibly untrue, & if people don't quit making such assumptions, the West & Islam will never be able to coexist.

Islam is the fastest growing & 2nd largest religion--it's not going anywhere, so people are going to have to accept it.
    A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror. -Ken Keyes Jr.

How old were the prophets 'wives' ?

As for accepting any religion, as long as it stays out of my face and doesn't even LOOK at my rights or try to take any away from me (including free speech, which in my mind is governed by one's personal politeness ethics) then fine. If it gets up in my face, in any way, I'll do my best to have it wiped from the earth. Christianity has already gotten up in my face, and Islam has as well.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information