Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 86

Thread: Absolut ad causes shit storm

  1. #61
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    Yeah, because they stole 90% of the design cues from the OLD camaro from the 70's, and then slapped 10% of the new boxy junk overtop. Same with the Ford Mustang. They had to go back in time to find a good design to try and update.

    it kinda works.. but again, the lack of innovation is very apparent
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  2. #62
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    ^ True, but whatever works, and it clearly worked in the 60's and 70's.

  3. #63
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    Well yes, that's kind of the point The shit they do now does not work. They have to import design cues from times that did in order to come up with anything.

    I find that sad. All the Japanese and other foreign car makers don't. Even if they do, it's not nearly as hamfisted.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  4. #64
    Elite Member tkdgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Default

    ^^ True dat. You'd THINK they get a clue by seeing what other auto makers are doing. But no. They want to stick with the same old shit. But, I do love my Grand Cherokee.

    If I were to get another vehicle- not an SUV, I'd look at a German or a Jap.

  5. #65
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    I think a lot of people by German and Jap because they are cheaper, not for their designs.

  6. #66
    Elite Member Dixie Normos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In between the mountains and sea
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    Maybe the US manufacturers are hesitant to create 'all new' cars that won't take the parts they have been designing for years? One of the greatest things about standardized parts is that unlike foreign cars, you don't have to wait 6-8 weeks for each part that needs to be replaced.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

  7. #67
    Elite Member Dixie Normos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In between the mountains and sea
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I think a lot of people by German and Jap because they are cheaper, not for their designs.
    Bullshit. People buy German cars specifically for the design, they are sturdy and built to last, even in accidents.

    Japanese cars, I have no idea about.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

  8. #68
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    ^ and you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for said part.

  9. #69
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    Bullshit. People buy German cars specifically for the design, they are sturdy and built to last, even in accidents.

    Japanese cars, I have no idea about.
    If you say so. I know my friend just bought German because it was only priced at $15,000.00.

    If people are buying to be safe in an accident, they may want to go Volvo, which is Swedish....it's number one at that.

  10. #70
    Elite Member Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In a Handbasket
    Posts
    5,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    ^^ True dat. You'd THINK they get a clue by seeing what other auto makers are doing. But no. They want to stick with the same old shit. But, I do love my Grand Cherokee.

    If I were to get another vehicle- not an SUV, I'd look at a German or a Jap.
    Ha! I have a Grand Cherokee too! My next car is going to be a 4-door sedan with better gas millage. I don't really give a rat's ass who makes it, just as long as it's built to last and not a gas guzzler.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

  11. #71
    Elite Member tkdgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I think a lot of people by German and Jap because they are cheaper, not for their designs.
    Maybe- but not me! I am all about the design.

  12. #72
    Elite Member Dixie Normos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In between the mountains and sea
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    I want the title of this thread to read
    "Vodka Ad Causes Absolut Shitstorm"
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

  13. #73
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Maybe- but not me! I am all about the design.
    What one do you like?
    Do you like the repair costs too.

  14. #74
    Elite Member tkdgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    What one do you like?
    Do you like the repair costs too.
    Well let's see. I like the Saturn Sky over the Pontiac Solstice simply because the front grill has a better design.

    The new 2009 Nissan Maxima is a beautiful thing. Breath taking through and through.

    I like M series by BMW, but the other lines have terrible redesigns.

    The higher end Audis are nice, but that front grill redesign is horrid.

    I LOVE the Crossfire. The car is sex on wheels.

    And I also LOVE the 1990 Nissan 300zx twin turbo.

  15. #75
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    I do like the Maxima and I actually like the Altima's too. I have never been a BMW fan. To me it's a low class mercedes. Audi's have always struck me as an old maid car and the Crossfire, Sky and Solstice are too midlife for my taste.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: September 1st, 2006, 02:39 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 1st, 2006, 10:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •