Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Abortion numbers in Britain reach new record

Default Re: Abortion numbers in Britain reach new record

Oh for gods sake, Brits have bad teeth. Canadians are ridiculously modest. Americans are obnoxious, the french are snooty, Russians are drunk, The chinese cant drive, Mexicans are lazy, blah blah blah blah blah

Feel better now? Good lord.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by A*O
    I'm surprised nobody has started on bad British teeth yet (a myth by the way).
    I think the bigger myth is the one that Americans don't have bad teeth. The TV coverage of the inhabitants of New Orleans post Katrina debunked that one good and proper - I swear not a single person had a full set of teeth.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Bad teeth is different than NO teeth!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

SVZ

Under US Laws

"Po 'white trash" and "Po black people" are not American citizens

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    Under US Laws

Ah - it makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil
    I think the bigger myth is the one that Americans don't have bad teeth. The TV coverage of the inhabitants of New Orleans post Katrina debunked that one good and proper - I swear not a single person had a full set of teeth.
    Uh, that's because it was the ghetto, they can't afford dentists. In England, however, you could be in Buckingham Palace and still not see a clean mouth

Someone explain to me why a comment made at the end of a thread, gets buried in the middle of it!? Even though I switched to Hybrid mode? This is so frusterating, and the reason I can't post much, because I have no idea where my comments end up. Is there a way to make the most recent comment show up at the end of the thread??
    "A liberal is a person who's interests aren't at stake, at the moment." -Willis Player

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/%5B...G%5D%5B/URL%5D

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by hankypanky
    Uh, that's because it was the ghetto, they can't afford dentists.
    Ah, that's OK then.

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    Under US Laws

Precisely.

I'm sorry if I offended anybody on this thread, because I meant it in fun. Like Gator pointed out, Americans & Christians have to have pretty tough skin on this board, which I've tried to have, so maybe I just dish it out a little here & there.

Truth be told, if I could go anywhere in the world, it would be the UK, bad teeth or no. I dearly want to go to Italy, but aside from Native Americans, all my ancestors come from England & Scotland, and I just have to see it for myself. I feel such an affinity for the UK & actually (this is embarrassing) get kind of misty-eyed seeing photos on occasion. I used to get a little unnerved when Disruptive Hair complained about it so much. Not that I deny her experience, but I want to visit so badly, and she made me a little nervous that the people wouldn't be nice to me since I'm American.

We've all got stereotypes. According to mine, I'm a toothless shoeless uneducated obese homophobic hillbilly. Yee-haw!

Quote Originally Posted by hankypanky
    Someone explain to me why a comment made at the end of a thread, gets buried in the middle of it!? Even though I switched to Hybrid mode? This is so frusterating, and the reason I can't post much, because I have no idea where my comments end up. Is there a way to make the most recent comment show up at the end of the thread??
    This post confuses me. I've posted a gajillion times here & have no idea what "hybrid mode" is.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Um, well.. DH was unhinged.

Maybe the bad teeth drove her over the edge

I cannot believe how seriously the bad teeth comment is being taken. Hell, when British writer Martin Amis decided to have his choppers done, practically the whole upper-crust literary community in the UK accused him of being vain, arrogant, "going American" etc. etc.

Perfect, gleaming white teeth and bi-monthly visits to the dentists may be the norm of the mostly younger generation British posters on this thread and board, but they are by no means the norm across the UK. I have interviewed/met thousands of Brits over the years and many of them have bad teeth compared to the average North American for the simple reasons of diet and lack of adequate dental coverage. I've met plenty of rich Brits who feel no need to fix their teeth so it is also partly a cultural thing. I just got back from the UK and once again, I was struck by how generally unhealthy the average person looked there compared to the average Vancouverite. The key word here is "average."

Poor people everywhere tend to have bad teeth, or no teeth.

It did bother me too somewhat when DH would rant about the UK..and then go on about Texas like it was heaven and nothing could be wrong there..but I was too chicken shit to confront her cause she could go off like an atomic bomb!!!

Lil

For some reason I always pictured DH looking just like Peggy Hill in King of the Hill.

Nooooo Peggy Hill is sweet and misguided.

DH struck me as a pageant mom.

And come on... TEXAS? yikes. Not exactly a hotbed of tolerance, taste and upbringing.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze
    I cannot believe how seriously the bad teeth comment is being taken.
    I made the teeth comment originally as a [flag] JOKE [/flag] but as usual it was seized upon as something else. Never mind.

Lobelia, I can understand your wish to visit UK but in order to save yourself a huge disappointment I wouldn't be too fooled by the picture postcard, quaint Olde England portrayed in the movies and tourist brochures. Yes, it's pretty in places and has more history than you can shake a stick at but like any other country the UK has its share of social and economic problems which make the overall quality of life much less pleasant than it should or could be. I won't go into the long list of reasons why we decided to pack up and leave but it's a decision we've never had a single moment of regret about. I've been back to visit a few times and to be honest it was such a depressing experience I've decided I probably won't bother again. And it's nothing to do with the teeth.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I can deal with the country having problems & not being the ideal & all, but I just don't want people to be rude & snotty to me because I'm American. I swear I don't talk loudly or make multiple trips to the buffet, so does that help?

I especially want to see Wiltshire. More than one branch of my family comes from that region, oddly enough. Isn't that where a lot of those horse designs in the ground are? And stonehenge, of course.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information