Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This one is for Grimmlok & his Liberals...

Silver Member

Default This one is for Grimmlok & his Liberals...

Vellacott receives accusatory phone call
    Number linked to office of Liberal opponent Axworthy
    Julie SacconeThe StarPhoenix
    Friday, January 20, 2006

Saskatoon-Wanuskewin MP Maurice Vellacott is alleging he was defamed during an on-air election forum by allegations of sexual assault in a call the MP says came from his Liberal opponent's campaign office.

Shaw Cable, the station which aired the all-candidates' forum Tuesday and provided the phone number of the caller to Vellacott, confirmed the same number with The StarPhoenix Thursday.

The number is the campaign office of Liberal candidate Chris Axworthy.
    "It's quite a jolt when I've served in public life over many years, I've served as a pastor, enjoyed to do that (and) I've served as a college teacher," said Vellacott, a Conservative MP. "My record is clear and clean like an open book."

Calling the accusation "crap" and "garbage," Vellacott said there is no basis of truth in the statement.

During a StarPhoenix viewing of the tape provided by Vellacott, a caller asked him, "Maurice, did you used to be a Liberal candidate at one time?" Before Vellacott could answer, he went on to ask, "Were you also removed from (a local church) because you were charged with sexual assault on your secretary?"

Vellacott said he has never been accused by any woman of sexual assault and added he was never a pastor at the church and never attended the church.

Vellacott, who was taken aback by the comment during the forum, requested the name and number of the caller from Shaw Cable and found it to be Axworthy's campaign office.

Axworthy has said he would investigate the matter.

"Certainly if these allegations are true, I would react to them very quickly," he said. "We'll investigate, we'll find out whether the allegations are true, and we'll make sure that if anybody did something of that sort, they will not participate in our campaign in the future."

Axworthy, who was present at the forum, said he heard the caller question Vellacott about sexual harassment at a church.

When told Shaw Cable had confirmed the number of the call, which was found to be that of his campaign office, he reiterated his promise to find the person responsible.

"If it came from our campaign, and we'll take Shaw Cable's word for that, they have the number, we'll find out who it was, if we can, and we'll make sure that person doesn't participate again," he said.

During a campaign, often people become excited or irate about what other candidates do, Axworthy said. He vehemently denied putting anyone up to the task.

"Absolutely not," he said. "If any campaign was to do anything of this sort, would they be stupid enough to use their own phone numbers? It's nothing I condone. I would never support it under any circumstances at all."

Vellacott says the allegations are of the "worst order," but to be expected from a Liberal campaign in its "dying days."

And it is typical of the Liberal campaign on a national basis, he said.
    "This is the kind of dirty tricks they are up to. They will try to malign people's good character, people's good name and reputation, all to the end of winning an electoral seat. And I don't play that way."

The "scurrilous" behaviour must be responded to, he added. "I anticipate to be in public life for some years down the road and I will not allow this kind of defamatory stuff (to) happen in my name and in my reputation, for the sake of our campaign team, for the sake of staff members, for the sake of my precious wife, my two married children and my two young boys," Vellacott said. "I will not tolerate that kind of stuff."
    In a press release issued late Thursday, Axworthy called the comments deplorable and offered his heartfelt apologies to Vellacott.
    He also pointed to the heavy traffic around his campaign office and said it is possible that a "mischief-maker" entered the office and used one of the phones.

He also said an individual that Vellacott has publicly identified as the caller has steadfastly denied any involvement.

Vellacott said he is considering legal action.

Guess your Liberals aren't as pure as you'd like to think...

Default Re: This one is for Grimmlok & his Liberals...

conservatives eating babies is the real problem here.

Not defending their actions one bit.. if it happened, shame on them and they should be kicked in the head.

Oh snap, there's something you'll never hear a conservative utter: accountibility!

Speaking of Maurice, it doesn't look like he's very nice either:

Vellacott’s Parliamentary Report Card

Subject Comments Grade

Participation Vellacott spoke the fewest words in Parliament this past session of any Saskatchewan MP (source: http://www.howdtheyvote.ca).

Though his efforts to curb global warming through reducing the hot air emanating from Ottawa are appreciated, paying Vellacott over $100 a sentence seems an overly expensive way to meet our Kyoto commitments. Grade: F

Attendance Vellacott had the 3rd worse attendance record in Parliament of any Saskatchewan MP (source: Saskatoon StarPhoenix, June 18, 2004).

The only MPs with worse attendance records were the disgraced Rick Laliberte, and the reviled Jim Pankiw. Sounds like Vellacott was playing hookie with perfect company! Grade D-

Attitude

Called Belinda Stronach a “prostitute”
    (source: Regina LeaderPost May 21, 2005) What a way to treat a woman involved in public life!

Violated the privacy rights of two Saskatchewan residents by using a Conservative party press release to “out” their sexual orientation
    (source: Regina LeaderPost, July 16, 2005)

Attempted to intimidate a journalist he didn’t like into silence by attacking her and her husband’s professional integrity on the floor of the House of Commons
    (source: Ottawa Citizen, October 23, 2004) Grade : F

FINAL GRADE

Doesn’t regularly attend class. Doesn’t play well with others. Doesn’t participate in class discussions. F+

Before you vote on January 23rd, ask yourself the following:

After eight years in Ottawa and spending over $3.6 million of your dollars, what has Maurice Vellacott done for you? What has he done for Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, or Canada?
    Oh wait, there's more.. here's him on suppressing woman and minority rights:

Suppress Women’s Rights

Amend legislation to stop single mothers from getting legal access to invitro fertilization procedures. “Dr.” Vellacott, citing an irrelevant study conducted in Sweden, believes that children need “love and support” which single mothers are less able to provide without a man in their life. (Saskatoon StarPhoenix, Febuary 5th, 2003)

Try to intimidate Anne Dawson (CanWest News Service’s chief political correspondent) so she will stop saying bad things about my buddy Stephen. (Ottawa Citizen, October 23, 2004)

Note to self: better do this in the House of Commons so I can hide behind Parliamentary privilege…

Call Belinda Stronach a prostitute for changing political parties (Regina LeaderPost May 21, 2005)

Note to self: I have ran for four different political parties in the last 10 years. Hmmm…better clarify my remarks to include men as prostitutes as well! (Saskatoon StarPhoeniex,May 24, 2005)

Suppress Minority Rights

Shut down a legal support program for Canadians who want to defend their rights under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Claim that: “It’s a pot of money to serve special interest groups for their social engineering of society.” (Saskatoon StarPhoenix, December 24, 1997).

Note to self: only people like me should be allowed to socially engineer society!

Allow the spread of hate towards homosexuals by trying to stop section 318 and 319’s applicability in the Criminal Code. Twist the facts and scare people into thinking that they are going to be thrown in jail if these measures are passed (Saskatoon, StarPhoeniex, December 14, 2002)

Note to self: fear and intimidation have worked in the past, I’m sure it can work in the future!

Re-open the Darrell Night case, and ignore the exhausting of appeals and the judicial process. Hope no one notices that I actually am the Vice-Chair of the Aboriginal Affairs Committee in Parliament and am supporting the police abandoning an Aboriginal man in a snow bank!

Note to self: that was really mean of the Saskatoon StarPhoniex to say: “In dragging out this issue long after the two cops have served their time and the community has moved on, Vellacott isn’t serving the public interest. He merely shows his contempt for the people and province he represents in Ottawa by making unfounded allegations…” (Saskatoon StarPhoeniex, July 7, 2004) and they then go on to call me an “ignorant and opportunistic lawmaker.”

Other Random Crazy Stuff to Do

Try to stop a 13-year old child from getting potentially life-saving cancer treatments. (Saskatoon StarPhoenix, March 23, 1999)

Organize a boycott of the Bank of Montreal because they won’t give credit card deals to my friends. (Saskatoon StarPhoenix, June 14, 2005)
    I'll hand you the last piece of your ass at a later date.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Silver Member

Okay...you got me there...

I just pictured Grimm with a harem of his liberals... lots of hot, beefy guys with goatees, holding Pro-Choice signs and mud wrestling on large pictures of George Bush's face. *fans self*

Much: Picture that, but with a big gay equality flag, standing at the front of a crowd of churchie fuckbags protesting against gay marriage at the Ontario legislature with our arms folded wearin bomber jackets and army boots and scowling over our goatees.

That was me in 2005
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

That's hot!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    Much: Picture that, but with a big gay equality flag, standing at the front of a crowd of churchie fuckbags protesting against gay marriage at the Ontario legislature with our arms folded wearin bomber jackets and army boots and scowling over our goatees.

That was me in 2005
    You really need to invite me to these things.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

LOL they're lots of fun.. you can go home totally hoarse from screaming at narrowminded idiots all day, but it's SO fun to put them in their place with fact and logic.

^^ Ooh, ooh! I'm good at that. I spent all five years of high school doing that.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok

I'll hand you the last piece of your ass at a later date.

Grimmlok, you wouldn't like my ass. It's attached to a vagina.

But not apparently to your brain.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I just pictured Grimm with a harem of his liberals... lots of hot, beefy guys with goatees, holding Pro-Choice signs and mud wrestling on large pictures of George Bush's face. *fans self*

Oh dear, I'm getting a bit warm myself...*jumps into bath filled with ice cubes*
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dracko
    Grimmlok, you wouldn't like my ass. It's attached to a vagina.
    Good lord, how do you poop?

Grimm, your above retort was too funny. Thanks. And by the way, I am not a hot beefy guy, so I don't know if I am to be included in your harem. Do you have a ladies' auxiliary I could join? I can handle picket sign production, I have been doing it all my life.
    Keep passing the open windows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information