Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iraqi reporter throws shoes at Bush, calls him dog

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Default Iraqi reporter throws shoes at Bush, calls him dog

Iraqi reporter throws shoes at Bush, calls him dog

14 Dec 2008 17:55:16 GMT
    Source: Reuters

BAGHDAD, Dec 14 (Reuters) - An Iraqi reporter called visiting U.S. President George W. Bush a "dog" in Arabic on Sunday and threw his shoes at him during a news conference in Baghdad.

Iraqi security officers and U.S. secret service agents leapt at the man and dragged him struggling and screaming out of the room where Bush was giving a news conference with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki.

The shoes missed their target about 15 feet (4.5 metres) away. One sailed over Bush's head as he stood next to Maliki and smacked into the wall behind him. Bush smiled uncomfortably and Maliki looked strained.

"It doesn't bother me," Bush said, urging everyone to calm down as a ruckus broke out in the conference room.

When asked about the incident shortly after, Bush made light of it. "I didn't feel the least threatened by it," he said.

Other Iraqi journalists apologised on behalf of their colleague, a television journalist.

Bush arrived in Baghdad earlier on Sunday on a farewell visit before he leaves office in January. The U.S.-led invasion in 2003 to topple Saddam Hussein triggered years of sectarian bloodshed and insurgency in Iraq, killing tens of thousands. (Reporting by Matt Spetalnick; Writing by Michael Christie; Editing by Elizabeth Piper) http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LE493714.htm

i saw the video and the secret service didnt even stop the guy my mom got so pissed at me when i told her about laughing, she said, "you know what i think is funny, Barack Obama's big ears" good comeback mom

Obama's big ears didn't kill 100,000 people. Your mom needs a serious smack.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Why couldn't he throw a grenade? A shoe is nothing.

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

yeah my mom was so fucking mad, *sigh* , i thought it was pretty fuckin funny you shoulda seen the look on his face, i almost felt sorry for him

I need to see this video.

msnbc.com Video Player thnx nbc news
    someone quick make an avatar gif!!! this is better than PretzelGate when the leader of the freeworld "choked" on a "pretzel" and fell over hitting his head on the coffee table......meaning he was drunk as a skunk again and tried to stumble into laura's room for a quickie and she pushed him out of the bed causing him to hit the nightstand with his head in the process

Damn...his throw was a little high....

i kno, could you imagine if he woulda made contact i guess his nerves got to him

Damnit... we finally get a "rebel" inside a press conference and his aim sucks. Of course. Now.. if it had been me...

*waits for Secret Service to knock down her door*

Wow, this has to be the icing on the cake of humiliation after humiliation. Can't say I feel sorry for him.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    i kno, could you imagine if he woulda made contact i guess his nerves got to him

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Wow, this has to be the icing on the cake of humiliation after humiliation. Can't say I feel sorry for him.
    I KNOW.. I mean, how do you react to that? Bush can't really make a big stink out of it because the "attackers" sentiment is not really all that uncommon.. I'm pretty sure millions of us would want to do to same thing.. and knock that big, dopey smirk off his face. But, really, it's kind of sad that this guy just threw shoes at the POTUS and called him a dog and it's considered normal.... I still can't believe we "elected" this idiot.. twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    I KNOW.. I mean, how do you react to that? Bush can't really make a big stink out of it because the "attackers" sentiment is not really all that uncommon.. I'm pretty sure millions of us would want to do to same thing.. and knock that big, dopey smirk off his face. But, really, it's kind of sad that this guy just threw shoes at the POTUS and called him a dog and it's considered normal.... I still can't believe we "elected" this idiot.. twice.

Yea, a very small iota of me does feel maybe some pity on him (like the way the movie "W" makes you feel), but then I think of all the misery caused by his decisions and inactions, and then I slap myself.

He is like a wounded animal, being humiliated by world leaders left and right, etc. etc. And it's almost like he's in a continual haze and fog.

I feel embarrassed for our country more than anything.

I feel sorry for him, then I think of how much an asshole he was.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information