Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liberals clinically mad, concludes top psychiatrist

Exclamation Liberals clinically mad, concludes top psychiatrist

Just when liberals thought it was safe to start identifying themselves as such, an acclaimed, veteran psychiatrist is making the case that the ideology motivating them is actually a mental disorder.
    "Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded," says Dr. Lyle Rossiter, author of the new book, "The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness." "Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave."
    While political activists on the other side of the spectrum have made similar observations, Rossiter boasts professional credentials and a life virtually free of activism and links to "the vast right-wing conspiracy."
    For more than 35 years he has diagnosed and treated more than 1,500 patients as a board-certified clinical psychiatrist and examined more than 2,700 civil and criminal cases as a board-certified forensic psychiatrist. He received his medical and psychiatric training at the University of Chicago.
    Rossiter says the kind of liberalism being displayed by both Barack Obama and his Democratic primary opponent Hillary Clinton can only be understood as a psychological disorder.

"A social scientist who understands human nature will not dismiss the vital roles of free choice, voluntary cooperation and moral integrity – as liberals do," he says. "A political leader who understands human nature will not ignore individual differences in talent, drive, personal appeal and work ethic, and then try to impose economic and social equality on the population – as liberals do. And a legislator who understands human nature will not create an environment of rules which over-regulates and over-taxes the nation's citizens, corrupts their character and reduces them to wards of the state – as liberals do."
    Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:
    • creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;
    • satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;
    • augmenting primitive feelings of envy;
    • rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.
    "The roots of liberalism – and its associated madness – can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind," he says. "When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious."

Liberals clinically mad, concludes top psychiatrist

What about the fact that 60% of psychiatrists are as mad as their patients?
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

60%? No, I'd say it's closer to 95%. Besides, this all reads like right wing tin hattery to explain their sudden epic fail in the USA.

that's because it's from WorldNetDaily
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Just proof that some psychiatrists believe in using psychology to control people.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    60%? No, I'd say it's closer to 95%. Besides, this all reads like right wing tin hattery to explain their sudden epic fail in the USA.
    Yep. Definitely closer to 95%. I would know, I was poised to go all the way in this field, but stopped at a mere BullShitter degree.

I do happen to personally know some very great practicing therapists who are exceptionally well-adjusted people. But they didn't just pop out of the womb that way.

Just the reasons alone why people go into this field are suspect enough, even if there's never been any evidence of fuckedupness about their lives.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Yep. Definitely closer to 95%. I would know, I was poised to go all the way in this field, but stopped at a mere BullShitter degree.
    I got a BullShitter degree too!

Silver Member

I knew someone whose cousin was a psychiatrist and she used to say he had more mental problems than his patients. This doctor who wrote this book sounds bitter,mean and probably is afraid he will be paying more taxes now that Obama and the Dems are going to be in power. Too bad,he should pay his fair share.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I know I'll slammed for this but I don't necessarily dismiss his claims. I would imagine he's noticed a pattern in the work he's done and I most definitely have noticed how some people just love to keep the idea of victimization large and wild in people's lives. I don't quite know how to explain it but there's not this sense that everyone can make it in general, but this "stacked against them" mindset that causes people to sort of freeze up in victimhood. Just one of my pet peeves. And yes it does seem to come from liberals mostly but not always. Priests who molest children seem to employ this tactic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by candy27 View Post
    I knew someone whose cousin was a psychiatrist and she used to say he had more mental problems than his patients. This doctor who wrote this book sounds bitter,mean and probably is afraid he will be paying more taxes now that Obama and the Dems are going to be in power. Too bad,he should pay his fair share.
    Since this guy isn't exactly a household name....if he's making enough money as a therapist that he'd actually be paying more in taxes under a Democratic Party president (assuming this one succeeds in bringing about a situation where the people who can afford it are actually gonna be forking over a larger share) then he's either involved in some questionable activities, or he's more than a little "clinically mad" himself.

Or I should have stuck with the headshrinking profession instead of actually wanting to help people.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Uh, last i checked conservatives were the one with the overbearing victim complex:

"Our traditions are under attack"

"Our religion is under attack"

"our way of life is under attack"

"our children are under attack"

"foreigners took our jobs"

"government takes my money"

wahh wahhh wahhh wahhh
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a mental disorder, but this man does have some interesting points.

Both ends of the spectrum are nutty, imho. The extreme right are control freaks and the extreme left are quasi anarchists.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    I got a BullShitter degree too!
    Erm. What do you guys mean by BullShitter degree, may I ask?

This dude sounds like a jerk. I just looked up his CV (I'm bored) and was amused by this bit of info under Prior Professional Experience: "Captain, U.S. Army, Chief of Psychiatry, Department of Defense (Top Secret Security Clearance), U.S. Army Hospital, Sandia Base, Albuquerque, New Mexico, August 1966 through June 1968."

Ooookay. So for a couple of years he was the head shrink, with Top Secret Security Clearance, at the primary nuclear weapons development facility in the US at the time? My inner conspiracy theorist is having a field day with that.

^a BS! Or Bachelor of Science

And MS=More Shit, and PhD=Piled high & Deep! heheh

College humor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information