Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 8 Killed in Cancun Bar Attack

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I backpacked all over Central America in 1998. Mexico to Nicaragua and everything in between. Mexico was not unsafe to travel, IMO. Not for a developing country. The only major inconvenience were paramilitary in Chiapas who kept shaking us down on busses. Plus, ugly discrimination when people mistook me for an American.

In the coastal areas in the South you can walk around even as a girl at night. Harrassment, yes, violence no. We didn't get robbed either.

I only felt unsafe in the port cities of Honduras. Their public transportation and taxi system is dodgy and their authorities, too. We had a lot of shit happening to us. Same with El Salvador, practically no police.

Everything else was fine, though. I loved Guatemala, I keep raving about it. We got shaken down there, too, but all in all it was very laid-back. Nicaragua was fine, too. Some people say Belize is boring, but to me it was like Jamaica, I loved it. Cool rastafari people taking us home, great local parties. I digress.

Compared to Africa, Central America is a family resort. Yes, there is crime, but if you look dirty and sweaty like us, no one bothers you significantly.
    I might compare old cancum with honduras then. That's what I experienced
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    Okay? Why not? The native part? Slummy? Natives, meaning its not where tourist would normally venture. Natives can be protective of their territory and not welcoming of foreigners coming to their turf. That was what we felt. Not one english speaking person we came in contact with...unlike cancun. Not english writing on anything no english on a menua all eyes were on us, I think it was normal to feel a bit scared or at least on guard. Why are you making such a big deal out of my post?. If you you want to make something of my statement knock yourfself out. Guess you're trying to portray me as a racist????? Pffft.

No, you did that all on your own.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Why do some people think that the world should be made to please them.
    You visit a place,you are the one to fit in.
    Sorry but you want all English speaking and stuff,you stay put and enjoy!
    The whole world is my playground,i intent to see as much of it as i can,i will be quite happy to face and overcome anything!Playgrounds according to statistics are VERY dangerous for the kids,that doesnt stop mothers taking their kids out to play.
    There is a policy for US goverment to keep the dollar spent inside the country.
    Maybe that is why Americans dont travel that much!
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Cancun didn't appear dangerous to me at all. I shlepped my stuff half through town, when we arrived at the bus terminal late at night.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I didn't realize I implied that. I have no fear of any color. I've been close with many colors and nationalities my whole life. It wasn't that I was arfraid of their color. It was an uncomfortable situation in an area where I shouldn't have ventured. Nothing happened but. It very well could have. I can see what ever I add will be picked apart, so be it
    You did not imply it. Certain people inferred it(incorrectly so IMO).
    Okay? Why not? The native part? Slummy? Natives, meaning its not where tourist would normally venture. Natives can be protective of their territory and not welcoming of foreigners coming to their turf. That was what we felt. Not one english speaking person we came in contact with...unlike cancun. Not english writing on anything no english on a menua all eyes were on us, I think it was normal to feel a bit scared or at least on guard. Why are you making such a big deal out of my post?. If you you want to make something of my statement knock yourfself out. Guess you're trying to portray me as a racist????? Pffft.
    Pretty much. Yes they are twisting what you are saying, making implications about what you said that are not true(according to you), and also according to what I took from your statement. And no, they won't admit they did anything wrong at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    No, you did that all on your own.
    No YOU did it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Dang. I really don't think this is fair. I think you're deliberately ignoring the reality Cupcake was presenting.....I've experienced a number of places that are rough bars where only locals go, where guns and such were around... it's not about being afraid of a different skin color.
    I don't think it is fair either.
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    And you think this statement is okay? Really?
    It does not imply racism IMO. Put that racist card back in the deck please.

I think it's funny someone said "cancum"
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

A bit of humor does lighten the thread a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I think it's funny someone said "cancum"
    I didn't know if it was an appropriate time to mention that...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Is cancunt better? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Cancun didn't appear dangerous to me at all. I shlepped my stuff half through town, when we arrived at the bus terminal late at night.
    I'm talking about old cancun,this was a few years ago. Maybe its better now. We do concun and cozumel fairly often because its close but haven't made it back to the old section so nkt sure its the same or not
    Last edited by Tati; September 2nd, 2010 at 03:48 PM.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I doubt that I'm easily scared or non-adventurous. And I think first we would actually have to agree on what the term means.
    i have a hard time believing that. otherwise you wouldn't have been so obsessively trying to prove Mexico = Danger!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i have a hard time believing that. otherwise you wouldn't have been so obsessively trying to prove Mexico = Danger!
    I'd rebut that statement, but I'm scurred.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Dang. I really don't think this is fair. I think you're deliberately ignoring the reality Cupcake was presenting.....I've experienced a number of places that are rough bars where only locals go, where guns and such were around... it's not about being afraid of a different skin color.
    Thanks. That's what I'm talking about
    Rip Mom

That is not what you said.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

We were stupid enough to take our rental to this area the first time we ever went to cancun. We never went again. Its slummy and mostly natives and it was pretty scary especially me with blond hair blue eyes. Felt like we were on display. I would hope this wouldn't happen in the tourist part of cancun but I bet it will escalate there as well. No safe place in mexico anymore
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the part some may have taken as racist. You were essentially saying you, with your "blond hair blue eyes" stuck out like a sore thumb.

Not siding with anyone here, but I'm guessing that was what got some feathers ruffled.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information