Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 Killed in Cancun Bar Attack

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    So would you actually recommend the place as a tourist destination?

What if someone for some reason had to make a trip to El Paso for business and was in town for a few days. Would you recommend they cross over and spend a few hours in Ciudad Juarez? As a tourist, not knowing anyone in the town?
    I don't think I'd recommend it as a tourist destination, it's an industrial town built on factories, not really much to see there anyway. My point is not to let the media hype scare you away if you have legitimate business there, or in my case, friends or family.

But you know what, I would recommend going there for the food. I'd say the flautas and chiles rellenos and the mexican candy were totally worth taking a bullet for. Not gonna lie.

Soj- You just went to see the donkey show
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Soj- You just went to see the donkey show
    I was like 11..I was dragged there by a parental unit! I was also dragged to that damned Lawrence Welk restaurant they had near Escondido-hated it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Oh, ok. Never been there myself either. Was in Tijuana, but that was 35 years ago! IIRC they had bullfights and people went there to drink and party.
    and donkey shows.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    and donkey shows.
    No!! no donkeys..

..now burros...

Damn cut and paste..in response to Soj, I also said that if you go to trip advisor and read reviews for Juarez hotels near the border, there's a lot of comments from business travelers on their own about how it's surprisingly safer than they expected and not as scary. All I'm saying is that it's not really as scary as the media would have you believe.

Bronze Member

My husband and I honeymooned in Cancun in 1991 and we were considering going back next spring for our 20 year anniversary, but now we are considering going elsewhere because we don't want to be stuck just in the hotel zone. When we were there in 1988, 89 & 91 one of the things we liked to do the most was go into downtown Cancun and visit the small, less touristy restaurants.

Anyone know how things are in Puerto Vallarta and Cabo?

About 10 years ago a coworker of my husband who was an executive at one of the Big 3 here in Detroit was kidnapped in Mexico city for almost 2 weeks and was repeatedly gang raped by a drug gang. They managed to get him even though he had a driver/guard with him. Scary. Though living in the burbs of Detroit I often ask myself why I'm so scared to go to certain places when my own area has so much violent crime. I guess it just comes down to being less at risk on your own turf because generally speaking you know where to go, what to avoid, etc. and don't look like a fish out of water.

^^True, but insulting the residents with racist comments is probably not a good idea either.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

gang rape? Dang.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I went to Cabo last year, it was fine, it's still developing with a lot of construction going on. Plus it's pretty isolated from the rest of Mexico, so I think that's a big reason why it felt a lot safer.

I'm thinking of going to Puerto Vallarta this fall too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    gang rape? Dang.

Yeah, but he was an exec at the Detroit Big 3...you know the guys we just bailed out?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Where did someone make a 'racist' comment? I do not see it.

Where is this 'racist' comment exactly? Can someone point out the 'racist' part?

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Yeah, but he was an exec at the Detroit Big 3...you know the guys we just bailed out?
    IN that case, lemme buy those drug gangs a drink...

We're just joking BTW, for all you overly sensitive types...

Well, mostly...

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I went to Cabo last year, it was fine, it's still developing with a lot of construction going on. Plus it's pretty isolated from the rest of Mexico, so I think that's a big reason why it felt a lot safer.

I'm thinking of going to Puerto Vallarta this fall too.
    i really want to travel all around mexico but it's huge, you'd need months. i'd love to start by travelling around the yucatán peninsula (because it's a tourist trap, not because of shootings), it's supposed to be a natural paradise. i also want to see the cenotes and caves.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information