Thread: Palestinian rockets fired at Israel despite truce

Default Palestinian rockets fired at Israel despite truce

JERUSALEM - Militants in the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip fired at least two rockets into southern Israel on Tuesday, breaching a five-day-old cease-fire.

The attack came hours after Israeli troops killed two Palestinians in a West Bank raid. The victims included an Islamic Jihad commander.

The militant group later claimed responsibility for firing the rockets, saying the attack was intended to avenge the Israeli operation.

The West Bank is not formally part of the Gaza truce. But the Israeli raid could be seen as violating the spirit of the cease-fire.

An Islamic Jihad official said the group "cannot keep its hands tied" when its "brothers" in the West Bank are being targeted.

An Israeli police spokesman said one of the makeshift rockets hit a house in the border town of Sderot, causing damage but no injuries. The second rocket fell in an open area.

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's office immediately called the attack a violation of the truce. It was not clear how Israel would react.

Under the deal, Israel agreed to halt its own attacks in the Gaza Strip and to ease its economic blockade of the impoverished coastal enclave.

Meanwhile, organizers of a Palestinian conference in Berlin said donors have committed $242 million to specific projects strengthening the Palestinian police and judicial systems.

A diplomat, speaking on condition of anonymity because the meeting was still ongoing, provided details on the figure, which exceeds the more than $180 million organizers had sought for the next three years.

As Tuesday's one-day conference opened, German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier said his country was committing $23.3 million.

Palestinian rockets fired at Israel despite truce - Israel-Palestinians - MSNBC.com
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

blah blah who cares, pave over the entire region because the people there can't behave like adults.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information