Thread: CNN Meteorologist: ‘Definitely some inaccuracies’ in Al Gore film

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default CNN Meteorologist: ‘Definitely some inaccuracies’ in Al Gore film

CNN Meteorologist: ‘Definitely Some Inaccuracies’ in Gore Film

By Paul Detrick | October 4, 2007 - 11:35 ET

CNN Meteorologist Rob Marciano clapped his hands and exclaimed, "Finally," in response to a report that a British judge might ban the movie "An Inconvenient Truth" from UK schools because, according to "American Morning," "it is politically biased and contains scientific inaccuracies."

"There are definitely some inaccuracies," Marciano added. "The biggest thing I have a problem with is this implication that Katrina was caused by global warming."

Video (0:48): Windows (514 kB), plus MP3 audio (365 kB)
    Marciano went on to explain that, "global warming does not conclusively cause stronger hurricanes like we've seen," pointing out that "by the end of this century we might get about a 5 percent increase."

The case stems from a father's claims that the film is brainwashing propaganda, who told The Telegraph, "I am determined to prevent my children from being subjected to political spin in the classroom."

The Business and Media Institute has extensively critiqued the media's coverage of global warming in Fire & Ice, which covers a hundred years of coverage of global warming. While journalists have warned of climate change for more than 100 years, the warnings switched from global cooling to warming to cooling and warming again.

UPDATE: Marciano also sarcastically said, "the Oscars, they give out awards for fictional films as well."

—Paul Detrick is a Researcher at the Business and Media Institute.

CNN Meteorologist: ‘Definitely Some Inaccuracies’ in Gore Film | NewsBusters.org

I'd be curious to know what this guy's political affiliation is
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I don't think that's in question, lol.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

OMG i knew him back in portland oregon. well i met and spoke with him at my high school, rob marciano, used to work for KATU the abc affiliate in oregon he is super hot in person!

Hit By Ban Bus!

KATU, that crap station owned by Fischer Communications, penny-pinching hokey company

And I think I'll take Gore and the many experts over some CNN meteorologist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    KATU, that crap station owned by Fischer Communications, penny-pinching hokey company

And I think I'll take Gore and the many experts over some CNN meteorologist.
    Hmmm well you better live up to that.

There is alot of bad science in that movie, it only takes the extremes of each theory.

alot of climate predictions are apparently coming true, however the predicted ranges are not.

Its like saying England will win the next world cup by 5 goals in the final. They are the stronger side, better prepared etc etc etc to justify that theory.

That not only says England has to win - they have to win by five for my prediction to actually be correct.

If England win by one goal, I do the al gore and just say I told you england would win.

Most people will credit me the prediction, not noting the 80% innaccuracy.

From a science point of view in terms of making sweeping long term predictions that inaccuracy in a complex system such as the earths environment is enough to make my theory useless. It was just a case of lucky guess as much as it was good science.
    An EM is like a Scientologist - Unhinged and Unbelievable - Now shutup and place your hands on my EM-Meter

Didn't CNN do the same kind of thing to Michael Moore about Sicko? Get a life CNN and be more concerned about more important things. Dorks!
    Love ya,
    Dara

Al Gore is an idiot, and thinks he is a demi-God. I also believe that I have the right to bear arms, meaning that I can have a firearm within my house, that I may defend myself from vandals, burglars, foreign invaders, etc. I know that most of you on this forum do not believe that we have the right to protect our homes and families, and with that, I go away, and stand by myself for myself and my family and my home.

If I cannot defend myself, then who will defend me.

It's been Real. Love to Pacific Breeze, the Mighty Grimm, Sweetie, old XOXO, be kind and safe, I love ya'll much forever.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

Anyone who denies global warming is either an idiot or they have an agenda. The only question that isn't resolved is exactly what's causing it. Personally I think it's something bigger than carbon emissions. The entire solar system is warming and I'm pretty sure we didn't cause that.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    OMG i knew him back in portland oregon. well i met and spoke with him at my high school, rob marciano, used to work for KATU the abc affiliate in oregon he is super hot in person!
    He's hot on TV too I'd go hurricane hunting with him
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Thread Information