Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ahmadinejad: ‘In Iran, we don’t have homosexuals like in your country’

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Ahmadinejad: ‘In Iran, we don’t have homosexuals like in your country’

VIDEO: Breitbart.tv » Ahmadinejad: ‘In Iran, We Don’t Have Homosexuals Like In Your Country’

Quotes by Iran's Ahmadinejad

Sep 24 03:29 PM US/Eastern

Comments by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, whose remarks were translated from Farsi.

—On a toughly worded criticism in the introduction by Columbia University president Lee Bollinger, who called him a "petty and cruel dictator":

I think the text read by the dear gentleman here, more than addressing me, was an insult to information and the knowledge of the audience here, present here. In a university environment we must allow people to speak their mind, to allow everyone to talk so that the truth is eventually revealed by all.

—On the Holocaust:
    Why is it that the Palestinian people are paying the price for an event they had nothing to do with?

—On Holocaust deniers:
    My question was simple: There are researchers who want to approach the topic from a different perspective. Why are they put into prison? Right now, there are a number of European academics who have been sent to prison because they attempted to write about the Holocaust or research it from a different perspective, questioning certain aspects of it. My question is: Why isn't it open to all forms of research?

—On Israel as a Jewish state:
    We love all nations. We are friends with the Jewish people. There are many Jews living in Iran with security. You must understand that in our constitution and our laws and the parliamentary elections for every 150,000 people we get one representative in the parliament. For the Jewish community one-fifth of this number they still get one independent representative in the parliament. Our proposal to the Palestinian plight is a humanitarian and a democratic proposal. What we say is that to solve this 60-year problem, we must allow the Palestinian people to decide about its future for itself.

—On nuclear research:
    Some big powers create a monopoly over science and prevent other nations in achieving scientific development as well. This, too, is one of the surprises of our time. Some big powers do not want to see the progress of other societies and nations. They turn to thousands of reasons, make allegations, place economic sanctions to prevent other nations from developing and advancing, all resulting from their distance from human values and the teachings of the divine prophets. Regretfully, they have not been trained to serve mankind.

—On 9/11:
    Why did this happen? What caused it? What conditions led to it? .. Who truly was involved? Who was really involved and put it all together?

—On executions of homosexuals in Iran: In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country. We don't have that like in your country. ... In Iran we do not have this phenomenon. I don't know who's told you that we have this.

Quotes by Iran's Ahmadinejad
    Last edited by Retro; September 24th, 2007 at 02:38 PM.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Ummm yeah....

Uh sweetie, yea you do. Stop it.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

The we don't have homosexuals thing is way out there. Other than that he makes some pleasant and thoughtful/thoughtprovoking statements.

homosexuality is a phenomenon?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

He's trying to sidestep issues. He knows full well that he is a strident Holocaust denier. There is not a heavy contingency of Jews in Iran, less than 1%. And people of the Beha'i faith are treated horribly. There are too many human rights violations to even keep track of. There is a growing contigency of people in Iran that hate Ahmadinejad. There have been student-led protests that have quickly been shut down. Like I said before, people are terrified of the Religious Police there, that patrol for any religious infractions.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Ahmadinejad was put into power by villagers, the poor and rural folks. Most of the young, educated students/people in Iran do not agree with him or the mullahs. The life they live in public is very different than the life they live at home.

If there's no homosexuals in Iran, it's because this asshole advocates executing them.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Holocaust research? WTF is Holocaust research? I guess he never saw the concentration camps in Germany. Does he think those sites are all made up, like an amusement park, so the Germans could make a quick buck on tourism?

He is interested in science? Why not help find a cure for AIDS and cancer, instead of building bombs? Asshat.

The homosexual stuff was beyond laughable.
    Coffee is my happy drug

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    If there's no homosexuals in Iran, it's because this asshole advocates executing them.
    Yes, well said.

You get killed for being gay, WTF

yes you do, they just don't say shit about it because they're scared of being attacked. I love how he says "homosexuals" as if it's a contagious disease......

No, he's telling the truth. There are no homosexuals in Iran,
    just like there are no short guys with beards and seventies
    haircuts wearing grey sports jackets.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

If I was faced with a firing squad or a noose, I might be persuaded to pretend to be something I was not.

This guy is nuts.

Gold Member

The jerk is either in denial or he's trying to play to the religious conservatives who put him into power. Such a stupid response, no wonder everyone laughed at him.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

I thought the US/NY reaction to his response was a bit hypocrticial. Yes, we may acknowledge the existence, however, the US still openly bashes, don't allow them the same rights, etc...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information