Thread: Bashing liberal Hollywood

Default Bashing liberal Hollywood

So, I was really bored. And when I'm bored I Google random things. In my random Googling, I found this website pertaining to Hollywoods Political Views (Celeb Politics - Celebrity Political Movie Ratings). Thinking it was a decidedly neutral website (silly me), I clicked around. Well, of course, it was basically a platform for people to attack the liberals of Hollywood. There's such a thing as liberal ratings for various actors and movies based on the person's previously made political statements and political contributions and the movies they starred in (Seriously, "Dave" is on the list of the top 25 all time conservative movies). Funnily enough, liberal ratings are negative and conservative ratings are positive. Also, the political statements displayed on the site are probably the most out of context and unflattering statements. I clicked around some more and I found the Discussion Forum and there were whole discussions about how they should make a 'blacklist' for the soldiers to pass around overseas so they could boycott the actors whose political statements might not be the same as theirs.

Some of the most alarming and blatantly ignorant things I found:

"Dodgeball" is #3 on their list of most conservative movies, on the basis that Chuck Norris, Vinge Vaughn, and Rip Torn appear.

"Casper" is number 7.

"Dennis the Menace" is number 8.

While the more "liberal" movies (I say that because the factors that go into rating these movies are totally ludicrous) are labeled "Toxic Liberal Waste."

"A Christmas Carol," "Aladdin," "Racing Stripes," and "Hocus Pocus" are all featured on this 'toxic' list... all movies rated PG and lower.

I just find sites like these ignorant. If the site was called "We Hate Liberals.com" then, yes, I could see how theyd have all this crap posted everywhere, but by wasting time putting a site together that only exacerbates their ignorance just makes me even more proud to be a somewhat liberal-minded person.
    Last edited by Penny Lane; July 31st, 2007 at 10:56 AM.

I love how "liberal" is a dirty word in the US. It's hilarious.

They might want to think about about the beginnings of the word... LIBERTY.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I love how "liberal" is a dirty word in the US. It's hilarious.

They might want to think about about the beginnings of the word... LIBERTY.
    I must be a dirty, dirty girl then.

Quote Originally Posted by stylejunkiex View Post
    I must be a dirty, dirty girl then.
    Me too I'm a very dirty girl. Funny, because I live just south of LA and the area I live in is a pit of conservatives.

Thread Information