Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Israel says Iran is 1938 Germany and Ahmadinejad is Hitler

Question Israel says Iran is 1938 Germany and Ahmadinejad is Hitler

You know, honestly, does this Hitler comparison have to be trotted out against EVERYBODY Israel dislikes or disagrees with? I know Ahmadinejad is a blowhard and possibly batshit, but come ON.

LOS ANGELES - Drawing a direct analogy between Iran and Nazi Germany, Likud leader Benjamin Netanyahu asserted Monday that the Iranian nuclear program posed a threat not only to Israel, but to the entire western world. There was "still time," however, to prevent Tehran from acquiring nuclear weapons, he said.

"It's 1938 and Iran is Germany. And Iran is racing to arm itself with atomic bombs," Netanyahu told delegates to the annual United Jewish Communities General Assembly, repeating the line several times, like a chorus, during his address. "Believe him and stop him," the opposition leader said of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. "This is what we must do. Everything else pales before this."

While the Iranian president "denies the Holocaust," Netanyahu said, "he is preparing another Holocaust for the Jewish state."

Speaking on Army Radio on Tuesday, Netanyahu hinted that Israel possesses the military capabilities necessary for curbing by itself the Iranian nuclear threat, declining to specify what these entail.

The Likud chairman said "I don't want to analyze the capability required to eliminate [the Iranian] threat, but this capability exists," when told by host Razi Barkai that Israel lacks the ability to eliminate Tehran's nuclear program by military means.

"This capability is eroded over time, and if we wait years then obviously this capability would not exist anymore ... but right now I disagree with the claim that nothing can be done against Iran," he added.

When asked if Bush could afford embarking on another "military adventure" after Iraq, Netanyahu said acting on the Iranian nuclear program would not be adventurous but necessary.

"... Israel would certainly be the first stop on Iran's tour of destruction, but at the planned production rate of 25 nuclear bombs a year ... [the arsenal] will be directed against 'the big Satan,' the U.S., and the 'moderate Satan,' Europe," Netanyahu said.

"Iran is developing ballistic missiles that would reach America, and now they prepare missiles with an adequate range to cover the whole of Europe," he added.

"No one cared"
    Criticizing the international community in his GA speech for not acting more forcefully in trying to prevent Iran from becoming a nuclear power - "No one cared then and no one seems to care now," he said, again drawing on the Nazi parallel - Netanyahu warned that Tehran's nuclear and missile program "goes way beyond the destruction of Israel - it is directed to achieve world-wide range. It's a global program in the service of a mad ideology."

Large sections of the international community, he said, also misunderstood the nature of radical Islam and its role in the Mideast conflict. "What happens in Iran affects what happens in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, not the other way round," he said.

Netanyahu said he believed that Iran could still be stopped from acquiring nuclear weapons. "There is still time. All ways must be considered. We can't let this thing happen," he said, but did not outline specific measures he thought should be taken.

Referring to Israel's preemptive strike in the 1967 War, he did say that stopping Iran required "preemptive leadership. Preemption requires will and vision."

"Noone will defend the Jews if the Jews don't defend themselves," he said to loud applause. "Iran's nuclear ambitions have to be stopped."

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/787766.html
    Firstly, Israel has a couple hundred nukes of their own, cheerfully supplied by the US.

Secondly, Britain and France have a couple thou between them.

America has about 10 thousand, Russia another 12 thousand..

If Iran even twitches the wrong way they'll invite their own destruction on a vast scale. Something tells me neo-Hitler isn't going to twitch. Call it a hunch.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm find most Hitler comparisons pretty lame, because obviously they never fit. But Ahmadinejad has this crazy way of giving speeches that just seems a little too familiar.
    However, it's just his way of presenting himself. I think (hope!) it's all just a big show, because, as you said, he wouldn't stand a chance.

Omg, he fulfilled Godwin's Law sans teh internets! Remarkable.

eh? Wtf is Godwins law
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

Mike Godwin proposed it in his book Cyber Rights : Defending Free Speech in the Digital Age
    http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Rights-D...e=UTF8&s=books

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    eh? Wtf is Godwins law
    What twitchy said. Geez Grimm! And here I was, starting to think you knew everything.

aHH.. I'd heard of the concept before, I just didn't know it had a name lol

Omg will they ever eff off about Hitler?! Comparing him to others is the among the worst arguments a person could make. I have lots else to say on the matter but it would probably get me banned and branded a nazi but essentially I wish they'd stop bringing the bugger up to further their cause.

israel is one to speak. the ruling likud party isn't exactly a fuzzy, gentle bunny.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Firstly, Israel has a couple hundred nukes of their own, cheerfully supplied by the US.

We did not supply them. They spied and stole the raw materials and were involved with other 'pariah' nations like South Africa. So shut yer trap about us 'cheerfully supplying nukes' until ya can back it up bud!~ Don't make me sick the French on ya! Quebec will kick Ontario's butt!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Omg, you did so supply them nukes.. way back in the 50's and 60's. back then, they were only launchable from aircraft. They have been replaced with SAM ballistic missiles by now, and are probably launched out of PATRIOT mobile missile platforms.

Israel will not confirm or deny they have nukes either. A bit of a double standard in the area.

well we all know they have them.. and I agree that I have heard/seen whatever reported about 200 or 300. I heard they developed their technology by alot of spying, stealing, etc. and that they helped South Africa with its nuclear program. Have not heard too much about us supplying them in the 50's/60's..anyway they have them now all on their own and nobody can control them.

With Iran getting nukes, Pakistan having them, other nations in the middle east getting them.Israel having several hundred of them..nuclear holocaust in the middle east is almost a certainty IMO.

All I have to say about this is that there is ONLY ONE SINGLE COUNTRY that has ever used a nuclear weapon against another country. And now they're the nuclear police who decide who gets to have one and go around accusing other countires of being nuclear threats? That sure makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    All I have to say about this is that there is ONLY ONE SINGLE COUNTRY that has ever used a nuclear weapon against another country. And now they're the nuclear police who decide who gets to have one and go around accusing other countires of being nuclear threats? That sure makes a lot of sense.
    yes ..it would have been SOOOO much better if Nazi Germany had been able to complete their nuclear program and had developed them first and had the chance to use them against the UK or France, maybe Russia too.

... oh god now you're trotting out the nazi analogies!

WHEN WILL THE INSANITY END! lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information