Thread: Airplane terror plot was nothing but SPIN

Exclamation Airplane terror plot was nothing but SPIN

Gee, wonder why Bush and his cronies were pushing the Brits to release it all in one big super important exposé, right in time for Lieberman to lose and the Repukes to try to use it for political gain.

Things that make you go HMMMM.

You may recall that Amb. Craig Murray is the man who risked his career, and lost it, speaking out about the outrageous human rights abuses in Uzbekistan, a country that was the US' big ally in the aftermath of September 11, even though it's run by a Stalinist dictator (seriously). Well, Amb. Murray spoke out about the abuses and got canned, reportedly at the request of the Americans.

Point being, this guy isn't just some nut:

I have been reading very carefully through all the Sunday newspapers to try and analyse the truth from all the scores of pages claiming to detail the so-called bomb plot. Unlike the great herd of so-called security experts doing the media analysis, I have the advantage of having had the very highest security clearances myself, having done a huge amount of professional intelligence analysis, and having been inside the spin machine....

None of the alleged terrorists had made a bomb. None had bought a plane ticket. Many did not even have passports, which given the efficiency of the UK Passport Agency would mean they couldn't be a plane bomber for quite some time.

In the absence of bombs and airline tickets, and in many cases passports, it could be pretty difficult to convince a jury beyond reasonable doubt that individuals intended to go through with suicide bombings, whatever rash stuff they may have bragged in internet chat rooms....

In all of this, the one thing of which I am certain is that the timing is deeply political. This is more propaganda than plot. Of the over one thousand British Muslims arrested under anti-terrorist legislation, only twelve per cent are ever charged with anything. That is simply harrassment of Muslims on an appalling scale. Of those charged, 80% are acquitted. Most of the very few - just over two per cent of arrests - who are convicted, are not convicted of anything to do terrorism, but of some minor offence the Police happened upon while trawling through the wreck of the lives they had shattered.

Be sceptical. Be very, very sceptical.
    http://americablog.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by Grimmlok; August 17th, 2006 at 08:38 PM.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: Airplane terror plot was nothing but SPIN

I'm skeptical of anyone who can't spell 'skeptical'. That being said, I hope this is true

SVZ

You know what's a hard word to spell? ridiclious

I can never get it on my first try

oops.. that was the blogger anyway, not the defense expert.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

hm..probably..was..
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

There is nothing so low that Bush & Co. won't stoop to. They're lower than a snake's belly as my grandmother used to say.

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    I'm skeptical of anyone who can't spell 'skeptical'. That being said, I hope this is true
    Sceptical is a perfectly acceptable variant.
    The American Heritage« Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000.

sceptical

SYLLABICATION: scepĚtiĚcal
    PRONUNCIATION: skpt-kl
    ADJECTIVE: Variant of skeptical.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

no shit sherlock; thats why i said before that i don't believe none of this shizz and so-called airplane terror?! think of something new Bushie...the boy who cried TERRORIST!

Thread Information