Thread: Doctored Photos

Default Doctored Photos

Guess it just goes to show in this modern age, you probably have to be an eye witness to believe anything.

Reuters Admits Photographer Doctored Photo
    21:44 Aug 07, '06 / 13 Av 5766

(IsraelNN.com) The Reuters news agency was caught doctoring a photo which depicted an Israel Air Force F-16 firing multiple missiles at targets in Lebanon.

Reuters’ officials admitted that the photographer, Adnan Hajj, did indeed use computer enhancement to doctor a photo. The photo was used to show an Israeli fighter plane was bombing a target in Lebanon when in actuality; the plane fired defensive flares, flares used to deflect incoming enemy anti-aircraft rockets.

The news agency reports the photographer was dismissed. Reuters’ officials also promise tighter editing standards to prevent a repeat of such an incident in the future.

This is the second time during the current hostilities that Reuters has doctored a photo. The first time was a photo of a bombing in Beirut which made the smoke there look worse than it actually was.
    Last edited by Delphinium; August 7th, 2006 at 05:10 PM. Reason: added image

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

Default Re: Doctored Photos

Not really.. I didn't have to be there to see how obviously fake the photos were. I mean, we're talking cut/paste and 'clone' from photoshop done in about 1 minute.

Frankly, I can't believe that Reuters editors wouldnt find it suspicious that the EXACT SAME cloud of smoke would be coming out of 5 different buildings
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Photo Fraud in Lebanon

My brother sent me this link today. http://www.aish.com/movies/JP/PhotoFraud.asp
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Default Re: Photo Fraud in Lebanon

erm yeah, already discussed and argued over in a couple other threads..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: Doctored Photos

The photos are doctored which is dishonest of course but how does that change anything? Does this mean somehow that the all the destroyed buildings,bridges,cars and all the dead children they pull out of the rubble are simply "doctored" and Israel hasn't participated in any form of destruction in Lebanon at all? A few doctored photos doesn't negate the presence of a huge amount of destruction in Lebanon courtesy of the IDF. Nice try though.

Thread Information