Thread: Accused Marine sues backstabbing congressman, John Murtha

Thumbs up Accused Marine sues backstabbing congressman, John Murtha

The military can't investigate any of the bodies due to it being against their religion. That alone should dismiss all charges against the marines. Also, murtha is a former marine himself and for him to get on national television as an elected official and condemn these brave men without any concrete evidence is shameful and dishonorable. Even if he doesn't win a dime, I'm thrilled that the lawsuit was filed even if on principal only.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/08/...uit/index.html

Default Re: Accused Marine sues backstabbing congressman, John Murtha

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyPool
    The military can't investigate any of the bodies due to it being against their religion. That alone should dismiss all charges against the marines. Also, murtha is a former marine himself and for him to get on national television as an elected official and condemn these brave men without any concrete evidence is shameful and dishonorable. Even if he doesn't win a dime, I'm thrilled that the lawsuit was filed even if on principal only.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/08/...uit/index.html
    without an independent autopsy and investigation all charges should be dropped immediately. murtha should not only pay-up for slandering the marines, but he also should be drummed out of office post-haste. he's a jerk with no clue what it means to be a Marine.

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

I guess if being a Marine means murdering people that you KNOW to be civilans, then I guess most thinking people would rather not stand up for them.

Wow...thats funny. I thought that defamation would have to actually defame the individual in some way. When I heard Murtha speak about this incident I never heard him mention ANY particular soldier by name. How was this individual directly affected by Jack's comments that "Marines committed atrocities in Haditha"? Did he ever mention this individual by name? Did he ever mention the particular unit to which this soldier belonged? The burden in these types of cases typically rests on the plaintiff to prove that they were detrimentally effected by said statements. Also as John pointed out the statements actually have to be false...which according to the report released today doesn't seem to be the case.

You neocons need to wipe the froth and foam from your chops and think for a change.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Facts don't mean anything to patriots, you know that, Grimm.

Really? How about these:

This Marines lawyers, Neil A. Puckett and Mark S. Zaid, seem to be on the winning side of any lawsuit that helps the Bush administration and on the losing side of those that hurt the Bush administration. Cases in point:

1. Lt Col.Anthony Shaffer of "Able Danger" claimed they identified Mohamed Atta 1 year before 9/11. Sues to get Data released. Mark Zaid his lawyer got his ass handed to him in every motion. Case bounced! Client 0 Bush 1

2. Unidentified covert operative sues CIA and administration for mental stress and unlawful detention because she can't leave her home. Health professional treating her and her husband for illness/depression can't be told anything of their work due to "National Security." Her lawyer Mark Zaid loses motion to even TALK to his client(not even via secured phone lines)! Case bounced! Client 0 Bush 2

3. Sibel Edmonds files retaliation lawsuit against FBI because she is fired for accusing fellow employees of security breaches aimed at stopping a discrimination lawsuit filed by Jefrey Sterling (the linguist falsely accused of treason at the CIA) and derailing a patent request for a fiber optic coupler(evidently to hide gov. spying activity/NSA). Her lawyer Mark Zaid loses every motion gets bounced. Clients 0 Bush 3

4. Neil Pucket defends soldiers accused of detainee torture and never looses a case. Defends Gen. Janice Karpenski, THE ONLY OFFICER EVER CHARGED WITH ANY CRIME INVOLVED WITH ABU GHRAIB AND SHE WASN'T EVEN IN COMMAND OF THE UNITS DOING THE INTERROGATIONS/TORTURE, and she loses!!! Recieves loss of rank and is forced to take responsibility for ABU GHRAIB!!! Meanwhile the officer, Maj. Gen. Geoffrey D. Miller, the man tasked with GITMO-IZING Abu Ghraib walks without so much as a hearing!!!

Bush Wins Again!!!

These are the lawyers representing the Marine against Murtha. Right before an election!!! Fishy Fishy Fishy!!!

EDIT: hmm.. no comment from our resident zombie military supporters 24 hours later... gee.. surprise..
    Last edited by Grimmlok; August 3rd, 2006 at 10:28 AM.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I couldn't believe this marine was suing Murtha. He won't get far, Murtha mentioned no names. I don't think an autopsy is needed when their heads have been blown off with an AK47.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Ak47's would most likely be used by the insurgents.. US forces use m16 variants, and other American made weapons.

Now if they were smart about their massacre, they would have picked up an AK somewhere and used it..

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Sorry, I'm not up on my military weaponary. I'm sure there is a distiction, just not one I would know.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

well while you're all tap dancing for murtha just remember that he voted in favor of bringing back the draft.

I don't care about murtha, i care about the lawsuit being a piece of shit.

Murtha is a politician and was involved in enough scams. Does that make this sorry excuuse for a PR stunt any less ridiculous?

Nope.

Thread Information