Thread: Anger builds as bodies are buried on both sides of middle east conflict

Lightbulb Anger builds as bodies are buried on both sides of middle east conflict

TYRE, Lebanon (CNN) -- Eight days ago, the Lebanese Army buried 87 bodies in a mass grave in the city of Tyre. Today, they are laying another 34 in the ground.

Everyone is covering their face to keep out the stench as Lebanese soldiers remove dozens of bodies from the back of a truck. The first body is a day-old baby -- killed in an Israeli airstrike, according to the Lebanese Army. On her coffin a marking shows she had no name. (Watch as Tyre buries its dead -- 2:13)

They've lined up the coffins on the sidewalk; each has either a name or a marking that says "unknown." (Watch as Cal Perry describes the reality of covering the conflict -- 2:58)

All have numbers. Coffin No. 104 has three names on it - Ali, Mohammed and Talib - all children. Nearby, Fatawi Horani is screaming and crying. Her granddaughter Marim, 15, was killed, she says, while trying to flee the fighting.

Three soldiers begin to struggle with a large body bag. Maggots are pouring from the bag - blood is seeping onto the ground. When they get the body into the coffin, the lid arches as doctors hammer nails into it.

Children are beginning to gather. It is images such as these that pass down a hatred of Israel to another generation.

A little girl, Maana, is standing nearby, a bandage on her left arm. Her father tells me she was wounded by Israeli jets - but all the passengers in the car in front of them were killed.

Without having to count, it's clear that more members of the international press are here than bodies being buried. Journalists were asked to come here to witness the collected horror.

A Shiite sheik arrives and begins talking to members of the media. I pull him aside and ask him one question: "What message would you send to the people of America?" "Israel?" he asks. "No," I reply. "America."

"I love the people of America. It's the government I hate. Tell the American people that we received their gift. The missile that they gave to Israel - we have received it, and this is the result," he says, motioning to the coffins.

I thank him, but he says nothing to me - just glares, turns abruptly and walks away.

The mayor says that the bodies will be buried here temporarily. When the fighting stops, relatives will be able to come claim their dead and bury them in their hometowns.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...rry/index.html
    There was a little blurb at the top of this article, saying there were 'graphic descriptions'. If this is what western society deems graphic, it's no wonder so many people support war and butchery.. they've been so used to ridiculously whitewashed news and sanitized reports that nonsense fluff like this article are deemed 'graphic'.

Stupid, isnt't it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: Anger builds as bodies are buried on both sides of middle east conflict

the Jews have buried plenty of women and children killed by homicide bombers over the years as well.

this is a one-sided inflammatory piece of pro-hezbollah propoganda.

what is stupid is the fact that the world wants to call a "time out". They need to have their war and settle it themselves. To stop before their is a clear victor is only going to lead to more bloodshed in the long run.

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

Default Re: Anger builds as bodies are buried on both sides of middle east conflict

Actually, it's an op-ed piece and the other half will be in Israel tomorrow

Of course, THAT won't be propaganda will it?

The problem with their war, is that 600 civilians so far have been wiped out. How would you feel if someone wanted to have a little war in your backyard with your family all around?

Try putting yourself in the position of the besieged citizens, if you can. Methinks you need to look at pictures of butchered corpses more often.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

like I said, while it is not pleasant, the longer hezbollah (and groups like it) are allowed to operate in civilian areas, kill innocents at will etc. the killing will go on and on. the ONLY way for this to end is to let this play out to the end with a clear "winner". To stop now would only encourage and embolden hezbollah (and Iran who is clearly behind this).

Convenient that hezbollah acted now with the heat on Iran over the nuclear development.

Clearly Iran wants to cloud the issue and hide their continued development of nuclear weapons.

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

And as long as the Israeli government is allowed to carry out it's murderous policies (with the blessing and both the financial and military support from the US government) without the international community so much as batting an eye , more people will be killed , more people will get pissed at Israel and the US which = more angry and willing suicide bombers over the years.

Pretty much..

The 'war on terror' is about as winnable as the war on drugs. THe only way you can win that kind of conflict is to dig up the root cause of it, persuade people, and resolve it through diplomacy.

Tit for tat reprisals, as we've seen for the last oh 40 years, accomplishes nothing. You kill one, 2 more step up to take his place.

Bombs and bullets aren't the answer and never have been, for either side.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    Pretty much..

The 'war on terror' is about as winnable as the war on drugs. THe only way you can win that kind of conflict is to dig up the root cause of it, persuade people, and resolve it through diplomacy.

Tit for tat reprisals, as we've seen for the last oh 40 years, accomplishes nothing. You kill one, 2 more step up to take his place.

Bombs and bullets aren't the answer and never have been, for either side.
    This pretty much sums it up for me.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

what is stupid is the fact that the world wants to call a "time out". They need to have their war and settle it themselves. To stop before their is a clear victor is only going to lead to more bloodshed in the long run.

This isn't really Lebanon's war, though, and unfortunately they're paying the price more than anyone. I have a friend who was there visiting her mother when the fighting broke out. It took them more than a week to get out and have still not returned home. And I assure you that her lovely, elegant, designer dipped mother is not in cahoots with Hezbolah.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Thread Information