Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neo-Nazis storm gala; burn copy of Anne Frank's diary

Angry Neo-Nazis storm gala; burn copy of Anne Frank's diary

German neo-Nazis tore up and burned a copy of The Diary of Anne Frank after hijacking a traditional gala.

Around 100 skinheads cheered and shouted Sieg Heil as the most poignant memoir of the Holocaust years went up in flames.

They also burned a U.S. flag and sang banned Nazi songs.

Germans were horrified by the latest outrage from the far Right, which comes as the country rides a new wave of peaceful patriotism as it hosts the World Cup.

Uwe Hornburg, a prosecutor investigating the incident, said: 'I am appalled. In 20 years as a prosecutor I have never had a case quite so disturbing.'

The book-burning, which has chilling parallels to the 1930s when Nazi supporters made pyres of books written by Jews, follows a string of high-profile attacks by racist gangs on blacks.

The neo-Nazis descended on a field in the village of Pretzien, Saxony, where local people were re-enacting a pagan rite celebrating midsummer.

A bonfire was lit and the book and flag destroyed.

Before they burned the book, the extremists used it as a football in a drunken kick-around.

Anne Frank's diary was written by a Jewish schoolgirl who hid with her parents in a flat in German-occupied Amsterdam for three years before they were betrayed to the Gestapo.

She died with most of her family in death camps. Only her father survived to find the diary and have it published.

It is now a mandatory part of the curriculum at all German schools.

Saxon interior minister Holger Hoevelmann said: 'This is an attack on civilised culture, on humanity and on decency.'

At the Anne Frank Centre in Berlin, an official spoke yesterday of a 'an outrageous incident' and demanded the highest possible penalties for the perpetrators.

Pretzien is in the impoverished former communist east of Germany, close to Magdeburg and some 100 miles from Berlin.

Its mayor Friedrich Harwig, who saw the book-burning, said: 'This happened because our defences against it are not strong enough.

'I have struggled for years against neo-Nazis and they keep on growing.'

Many areas of the east suffer extreme unemployment, disillusionment and despair, helping extremists attract the young and impressionable.

Before the World Cup began, black fans planning to visit Germany were warned that there were no-go areas, particularly in the east, where their lives could be in danger.

In the worst of the racist attacks, on Easter Sunday, a German of Ethiopian descent was beaten into a coma in Potsdam and nearly died.

The warning to visitors came from Uwe-Karsten Heye, a former government spokesman who is chairman of the human rights group Action for a World-Welcoming Germany.

He was strongly criticised by central and local government ministers, but the Anne Frank outrage has further fuelled fears about the rise of the far Right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
    Hello, firing squad? Why are these freaks left to multiply?

Strip them down and send THEM to a concentration camp to see how THEY like it.

Sick fucks.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: Neo-Nazis storm gala; burn copy of Anne Frank's diary

OMG, I agree with you Grimm....that says everything.

It really pisses me off that these troglodytes are allowed to continue to draw breath.. they're so fucking ignorant that if actually confronted with Nazi era horrors they'd piss their tight jeans and shit all over their knee high Doc Martens.

I want to slam their faces into piled up rotting corpses and throw them in a gas chamber to hear them scream like little bitches.

GRRRRRR! Germany is never going to escape this stigma until these people are put down like the dogs they are.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Many areas of the east suffer extreme unemployment, disillusionment and despair, helping extremists attract the young and impressionable.
    This is much the same explaination given as to why people join gangs and it makes about as much sense.

I don't understand the attraction to being a racist, violent asshole.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

It does make sense in an odd way, though that doesn't make it right by any stretch of the imagination. A&E (at least I think it was A&E) ran a documentary about white supremacists last week and I was left with the impression that for the most part these are not so much people who are committed to a set of beliefs as they are just a bunch of losers who have found identity through acceptance by a group. The people leading the group (and man was that guy creepy! He never blinked!) are the ones with the ideas and the rest just parrot whatever comes from the top. If they repeat these ideas, they receive approval from their leader. They were young and uneducated and easily led. They were unemployed for the most part and seemed to find blaming other races/religions for that easier that looking for a job. Many had had friction at home, either chafing under their parents rule or living in bad families, and found living with the white power group gave them more freedom as well as a group identity. It's a bizarre family substitute that gives them a sense of self esteem. That being said, it is no excuse and the behaviour that results from this is unequivocally inexcusable.

Germany has some of the toughest anti-hate laws anywhere and I'm sure that these people will be dealt with.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy
    Many had had friction at home, either chafing under their parents rule or living in bad families, and found living with the white power group gave them more freedom as well as a group identity. It's a bizarre family substitute that gives them a sense of self esteem.
    Yeah, that's basically what I've surmised as it pertains to any gang or hate group. They sucker them in with "we're the only ones that care about you" talk and next thing you know pre-teens are spewing shit like "white power."
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent
    Yeah, that's basically what I've surmised as it pertains to any gang or hate group. They sucker them in with "we're the only ones that care about you" talk and next thing you know pre-teens are spewing shit like "white power."
    I agree. A vulenrable person that had no positive upbringing will be suckered into a gang or hate group with the "were your family" BS. It's a sad fate for those that are so easily brain-washed into being a meance to society.

This incident is really disgraceful. I wish Germany would gather all these neo-nazi fucks and throw them into a pit of hungry pitbulls to be eaten alive. Sad to see hate still alive in East Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    Germany is never going to escape this stigma until these people are put down like the dogs they are.
    they are just exercising their right to free speech Grimm. And certainly since they aren't hurting anyone in Canada, they should be left alone right?

You are such a hypocrite at times!

they are just exercising their right to free speech Grimm. And certainly since they aren't hurting anyone in Canada, they should be left alone right?
    Unfortunately, these groups carry out hate-based attacks, brutal beatings, and whatnot. I didn't say Canada should go and put them down.. GERMANY should.

What hypocrisy is there, then? None.

HAHA, you suck.

They're free to say whatever they want. Beating people and violently disrupting a peaceful gathering, however, is not free speech.

Grimm, how are those diagrams coming along? We might need brighter crayon colors...
    2 years...

I'm glad Canada has hate-speech laws that prohibit that sort of retardation. It's intelligent: Say what you will unless what you say preaches hate for a particular group, or incites hatred and hate.based violence against that group. After that, you're in jail for being an dangerous, violent asshole.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

I'm disgusted as a Jew and a person that they weren't prohibited and arrested for such vile actions.

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss
    Grimm, how are those diagrams coming along? We might need brighter crayon colors...
    Dayglo neon shades that make your eyeball bleed might be necessary to get through some thick heads. Free speech my ass! It's Germany and nowhere in the German laws is free speech guaranteed like it is here. Free speech shouldn't include racist statements designed to hurt others that serve no other purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphinium

You are such a hypocrite at times!

I'm just speechles toI read this...
    I am glad that I live in a country; Germany, that does not allow these dumbfucks to go around and spill their hate. There are limitations to your freedom of speech and they sure have crossed it. -> I know that some Americans find it difficult to understand that there are different laws in countries outside AMerica.
    Do you even have a clue what you are writing about? That just makes me so made to read something like that. If you knew anything about that time you would not be able to write something like that.

^^ dear, that would require some education in history.. something I've pointed out to her MANY times.

Okay..um last time I checked their promoting hatred...and also..I have NEVER read a post where Grimm..has promoted hatred/violence against another race..so get your facts straight..anyways.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information