Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: On The Brink Of War In The Middle East (Again)

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Default On The Brink Of War In The Middle East (Again)

Looks more and more likely that Israel and Syria are getting ready to engage in an armed nuclear conflict. Put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye because you know we'll be drawn into it eventually.

Israel on alert for Hezbollah strikes after warning to Syria

by Jennie Matthew Thu Jun 29, 2:43 AM ET

JERUSALEM (AFP) -
    Israel was on high alert for possible retaliation after it threatened to kill Hamas militants harboured by the Damascus regime and flew warplanes over
    Syria's presidential palace.
    ADVERTISEMENT

The army said it was bracing for any strikes by the Syrian-backed Lebanese Hezbollah militia, amid international concerns that the escalating crisis between Israel and the Palestinians could spread through the region.

"This measure has been taken due to concerns that the Lebanese Shiite militia Hezbollah or other organizations will try to trigger an escalation of hostilities by launching border attacks," an army spokeswoman said.

Israel was not preparing an offensive but merely preparing its units along the northern border to "be prepared to face any likely scenario," she said.

Hezbollah, also backed by Syria's main regional ally
    Iran, has carried out several deadly attacks along the Israeli-Lebanese border since Israel withdrew its troops from southern Lebanon in 2000.

Tensions are running high in the Middle East after launched a military offensive in the
    Gaza Strip Wednesday to hunt down a teenage soldier captured by Palestinian militants.

Israel has warned that Hamas militants exiled in Damascus, including political supreme leader Khaled Meshaal, are clearly in their sights over the kidnapping of 19-year-old Gilad Shalit in an attack on the Gaza border on Sunday that also killed two Israeli soldiers.

Israeli warplanes overflew Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's palace in northern Syria Wednesday while the leader was inside, an operation Syrian state television called an "aggressive act and an unacceptable provocation."

"This operation was launched due to the support and protection Syria gives Hamas, which is responsible for the kidnapping of our soldier," the Israeli spokeswoman added.

The action provided "a way for Prime Minister Ehud Olmert to prove the long arm of the Israeli army," said a report by Channel 10 television.

UN Secretary General
    Kofi Annan voiced his concern about the escalating Middle East violence, and urged all sides to avoid spreading the conflict.

"We need to be very careful, not only not to escalate but not to expand the area of the conflict," Annan said of the Israeli sortie over Assad's palace.

"So it's very important that we all take very careful steps to deescalate and not take any action or initiative that would expand or escalate the situation," he said.

Public Security Minister Avi Dichter issued a direct threat against the Hamas militants on Wednesday, saying Israel had issued warnings to Syria about the presence of Hamas and Islamic Jihad leaders but they had been disregarded.

"This therefore gives Israel full permission to attack these assassins," said Dichter, a former chief of Israel's domestic security agency Shin Beth.

"For years, Israel has held Syria responsible for some of the terrorist actions perpetrated on Israeli territory."

In particular, Israeli leaders have pointed the finger Meshaal, with one minister comparing him to Al-Qaeda leader
    Osama bin Laden.

Meshaal, 50, is one of Israel's most wanted men and famously survived a bungled attempt by Mossad agents, who tried to poison him in 1997 in Jordan.

"He is definitely in our sights... He is a target. As someone who is overseeing, actually commanding the terror acts, (he) is definitely a target," said Justice Minister Haim Ramon.

A close aide told AFP in Amman that Meshaal was unafraid of Israeli threats.

"Abu al-Walid (Meshaal) believes in God and in fate. The Israeli threats do not scare him," the aide said in a phone interview from Damascus. "He is used to living dangerously."

Hamas's spiritual leader and co-founder Ahmed Yassin and his successor Abdel Aziz Rantissi were killed in Israeli air strikes within a month of each other in 2004.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060629...ltBHNlYwM3MTY-

Default Re: On The Brink Of War In The Middle East (Again)

I don't think Syria has any nukes and I don't think Israel would use nukes unless they were literally being pushed into the Mediterrainean(sp?) Sea..and I don't see that happening. Of course I can see another miserable conventional war breaking out and the US supporting Israel(as I feel it should) and catching even more hell from the rest of the world and particularly the Islamic world. Better go over the terrorism checklist and make sure everything us up to date in our 'terror attack survival kits'..

SVZ

Nostradamus predicted that there would be a great war this century, followed by a long period of piece and another golden age.

the third antichrist is supposed to be called Mabus and he'll come from the middle east

Hurry up and kill each other already. Developers want the real estate.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Can't we just drop our own nuke in that general area, and wipe out the whole thing?! Get it over with!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

^^ do you really mean that?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

No no let them wipe each other out. Then we won't have to listen to the constant idiocy coming out of that area.

"he bombed us first!"

"Yeah, well he oppressed us!"

"MOM! I'm telling!"

For ancient cultures, they sure act like infants.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Mabus....?

If the Israelies are smart, they will use a neutron bomb. it destroys living things, but as far as I know it leaves real estate intact.

Gosh, JMonkey,what a great idea! That would, like totally endear them to the arab world and cause everyone to love them and trust them and feel safe and then peace would flower and fluffy little bunnies would hop about in flowerstrewn meadows under rainbow coloured skies! And what a boon for the pine tree airfreshener manufacturers! 'Cause who wants intact real estate that smells like decaying human flesh? Property has a much higher value than human life, right? Anyway, dying of radiation sickness is fun fun fun!!!!!!

Actually, as usual, your facts are total crap. The idea that neutron bombs leave buildings unscathed is a misconception. In order to be effective, they would have to be used at a range such that the blast would render all buildings unusable. Destroyed. Kaput.

And if you feel that starting a nuclear war is "smart", you are seriously deluded.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy
    Gosh, JMonkey,what a great idea! That would, like totally endear them to the arab world and cause everyone to love them and trust them and feel safe and then peace would flower and fluffy little bunnies would hop about in flowerstrewn meadows under rainbow coloured skies! And what a boon for the pine tree airfreshener manufacturers! 'Cause who wants intact real estate that smells like decaying human flesh? Property has a much higher value than human life, right? Anyway, dying of radiation sickness is fun fun fun!!!!!!

Actually, as usual, your facts are total crap. The idea that neutron bombs leave buildings unscathed is a misconception. In order to be effective, they would have to be used at a range such that the blast would render all buildings unusable. Destroyed. Kaput.

And if you feel that starting a nuclear war is "smart", you are seriously deluded.
    *dreams of flower-strewn middle-eastern meadows so thick with flowers that they are as soft and dreamy as turkish carpets..and so lovingly fertilized with all of the decaying flesh of all the dead humans and other once-living creatures that gave their lives with love for such a wonderful thing as flower-strewn meadows...*

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

and I have to say seriously missing any compassion for living human beings.

... if you consider them human, that is..

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator
    and I have to say seriously missing any compassion for living human beings.
    because the ones you're defending are sooo compassionate, poor them. allah akbar

The problem with the world is, everyone has turned into a pussy! Between the far left liberals like the ACLU and people like Cindy Sheehan, everyone's too worried about being politically correct to do what needs to be done. I wish it were like the old days, blasphemers like them would be lined up and shot!

America is our team. If you can't root for your team, then get the hell outta the stadium!
    thanks South Park
    "A liberal is a person who's interests aren't at stake, at the moment." -Willis Player

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/%5B...G%5D%5B/URL%5D

So nuclear holocaust is what needs to be done?

You're so smrt.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information