Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MontanaMama
  • 1 Post By witchcurlgirl

Thread: Nutcase says kids of gays should be kidnapped to "save" them

Default Nutcase says kids of gays should be kidnapped to "save" them

Bryan Fischer: Children Of Same-Sex Couples Must Be Saved Through ‘Underground Railroad’ Kidnapping
    By Zack Ford on Aug 8, 2012 at 9:01 am

The American Family Association’s Bryan Fischer has sunk to a new, disturbing low with his anti-gay statements. In two separate tweets last night, he called for an “Underground Railroad to deliver innocent children from same-sex households.” In one tweet *he was referring to the sad story of Lisa Miller, who, after declaring herself ex-gay, kidnapped her daughter away to Central America to prevent her former partner from having any custody. (She is still being tracked by federal agents as a fugitive of the law.)

In the other tweet, Fischer referred to the testimony of a individual named Robert Oscar Lopez, who blames all of his social problems on being raised by his mom and her lesbian partner. Here’s a sampling:

Inside, however, I was confused. When your home life is so drastically different from everyone around you, in a fundamental way striking at basic physical relations, you grow up weird. I have no mental health disorders or biological conditions. I just grew up in a house so unusual that I was destined to exist as a social outcast.[...]

Life is hard when you are strange. Even now, I have very few friends and often feel as though I do not understand people because of the unspoken gender cues that everyone around me, even gays raised in traditional homes, takes for granted. Though I am hard-working and a quick learner, I have trouble in professional settings because co-workers find me bizarre.

Perhaps unfamiliar with the concepts of self-fulfilling prophesies and internalized homophobia, this man’s odd testimony seems to attack gay parenting merely because he believes his bisexual mother’s decision to live with a woman made it a struggle for him to identify as bisexual himself. Unlike his mother, his preference seems to be to conform to heteronormative society, and he feels unable to do that because he feels he wasn’t properly conditioned by archaic gender stereotypes. Given the added incentive to defend Mark Regnerus’ “bullshit” faulty study attacking gay parenting, he is clearly trying to pin his panoply of personal problems on his mother (and all same-sex parents as a result.) His story is not a valid representation of anything except his own unique perception of the world.

And yet, Bryan Fischer believes it to be the perfect example of why the children of same-sex parents should be kidnapped away for their protection*— that they are the equivalent of slaves who need to be rescued. This is incredibly dangerous rhetoric that has the potential to do great harm. How much destruction could self-declared “Harriet Tubmans” do to same-sex families, motivated by Fischer’s claims? More than ever, the “culture war” is a direct attack on the lives of LGBT and their families.

UPDATE
    This afternoon, Fischer doubled down, referring to the court’s custody rulings as “judicial kidnapping.”

Source: http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/0...ad-kidnapping/

His tweets:

Head of Underground Railroad to deliver innocent children from same-sex households goes on trial.
    http://touch.chicagotribune.com/#sto...51hl-20120806/

Why we need an Underground Railroad to deliver innocent children from same-sex households:
    http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2012/08/6065
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

I'm sensing a theme lately. Poor little Robert Oscar, as an adult people probably find him weird because he is weird, not because Oscar had two mommies. If, as an adult, I'm not allowed to blame my self-absorbed parents for my shortcomings (thankfully the only one is a touch too much of humility), then little Oscar has to suck it up and take responsibility for his assiness.

Mr. Stupid Spelling First Name Fischer should be on an FBI list somewhere about now.
    Lobelia likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I wish these people would all be raptured already, so the rest of us can be free of this nonsense.
    Lobelia likes this.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

So basically, the gheys only come from living in a gay household. Then how can there be gays?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Bryan Fischer is a fucking loon.

[YOUTUBE]5E1jBcVp0BE[/YOUTUBE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Can we kidnap stupid people and make them smart?
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Count me in, but I think we'd be really really busy.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Thread Information