Thread: Canadian PM Harper Expects "Not Much" On Softwood Deal in US Meeting

Default Canadian PM Harper Expects "Not Much" On Softwood Deal in US Meeting

Canada doesn't see softwood progress at summit

Mon Mar 27, 12:09 PM ET

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canada doesn't expect a breakthrough in a protracted dispute with the United States over softwood lumber when leaders of the two countries meet later this week, officials said on Monday.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper will hold a bilateral meeting with U.S. President
    George Bush on the sidelines of a trilateral summit of Canada, the United States and Mexico in Cancun on Thursday and Friday.

A senior Canadian official said the two leaders would have an opportunity in Mexico to compare notes on the dispute.

"I don't expect, frankly, much more than that as far as I know," he told a briefing.

Last week, Canada's trade minister said Ottawa and Washington were poised to negotiate, but a final decision to begin talks would be taken by the country's leaders.

The United States, which says Canada subsidizes softwood producers, has slapped a series of duties worth $4 billion on imports of Canadian lumber. Canada denies the allegation and wants the money back.
    I just want our goddamned money. The States is acting like a spoiled child on this matter, and I just can't understand how they can justify not paying us! I mean please, some of you Americans on here who sympathise with the Republican leanings, can you explain this to me at all?!

Default Re: Canadian PM Harper Expects "Not Much" On Softwood Deal in US Meeting

Well, we can't expect Harper to demand what's legally ours from his good pal Bush, can we? Asshat. Most Americans don't know about softwood lumber, I've posted about it here and no one knew, or hardly anyone. No American govt. would tolerate that kind of BS for an instant.

Default Re: Canadian PM Harper Expects "Not Much" On Softwood Deal in US Meeting

Well how can Harper argue about softwood when he's sucking some hardwood under Bush's desk?

Give me a break. I have a fucking solution for our Retard in Chief:

PULL OUT OF NAFTA IMMEDIATELY AND SUE FOR REPARATIONS.

The US has blatantly disregarded the rules whenever they didn't like the situation, so why the fuck should we be in this trade agreement? How do you have a fair agreement when only one side adheres to the rules?

Fuck that. We'll go sell out timber to the Europeans.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

definitely old now.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information