Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Craig: A Tranny for Gender Equality

Default Daniel Craig: A Tranny for Gender Equality

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkp4t5NYzVM&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Daniel Craig has donned a sundress, clip-on earrings and a blond wig as James Bond in support of Tuesday's 100th anniversary of International Women's Day.

In the video, Craig stands expressionless in a suit looking straight into the lens as an off-camera narrator recites a litany of statistics illustrating injustices faced by women. And who might the holier-than-thou narrator be? The one and only Judi Dench as "M," the 007 character she has portrayed for more than a decade.

The actor was commissioned for the two-minute clip by Equals, a British coalition of organizations that work together to celebrate holiday on March 8 annually.

About halfway through the clip, M asks, "For someone with such a fondness for women, I wonder if you've ever considered what it means to be one?"

Craig then walks out of frame and comes back dressed in drag or as the organization puts it, "quite literally, in women's shoes." As the statistics get harsher, he removes the wig and continues to stare off into space.

Sorry, ladies. The dress stays on.

"Bond is challenged by 'M' to think about gender inequality, and I hope that the film encourages viewers to do the same," said "Nowhere Boy" director Sam Taylor-Wood, who also directed the clip, in a statement. "Kick Ass" writer Jane Goldman scripted the short.

"Despite great advances in women's rights, statistics show that when it comes to the balance of power between the sexes, equality is far from being a global reality," he said. "As 'M' reminds Bond, facing up to gender issues and the sometimes covert nature of sexism in the 21st century is something that we all have to recognise, confront and challenge."

Daniel Craig dons drag, is interrogated by 'M' about gender equality | Ministry of Gossip | Los Angeles Times
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

If he really wants equality, he'll throw on his blue mankini and shake it. Girls needs some eye candy too you know.

All kidding aside, the words are a strong message but DC dressing as a woman obscures it because it leaves you asking, "WTF was that about?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    If he really wants equality, he'll throw on his blue mankini and shake it. Girls needs some eye candy too you know.
    That would have been more fun. The dress and wig are not flattering.

All kidding aside, the words are a strong message but DC dressing as a woman obscures it because it leaves you asking, "WTF was that about?"
    I guess it was to shock us because he's known for portraying such a macho character.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Not many men would do this.

I know an American actor would not.

Bronze Member

Its very sad, but the truth is, equality for women is all over the world not just in the UK. In America the statics for a girl being sexually abused is 4 out of 5. As sad as that is, most women in America want equality, but only part of them want it so bad they are willing to get down and get dirty and actually do a man's job. If I, as a woman, want to be paid like a man, I have to be willing to take on more job responsibilities also. I know alot of women do that already and more, but some women complain and complain about not getting the same pay, but they aren't even willing to do the work.

It is not 4 out of 5. Its less than 1 in 4.

And PLEASE explain to me wtf you mean about women not being willing to do as much work as men.
    Last edited by greysfang; March 8th, 2011 at 03:02 PM.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Bronze Member

I have worked with several women before and men also. I never said all women just some women aren't willing to do work that men are. For instance, I am a housewife now, and I won't take the trash out or mow the lawn because I was raised that is a "man's job". Female dr's, lawyers, and business women, if they work as hard as men, should be paid the same. But some women don't. It's the truth. If you have never encountered that, you are very lucky.

So if its just a "few" women, why even bring it up? Why not bring up the fact that a lot of men are slackers and shouldn't make as much as others who do their work?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Bronze Member

There are good and bad workers in both genders. I just don't understand why it should matter whether its a woman or a man. I mean if a woman does a better job at something than a man she should get the recognition. And vise versa. I just don't understand why some people make such a big deal of it. I guess in a way I'm kind of innocent when it comes to this issue, because wouldn't you think that a woman who does as much work as a man gets paid the same? I would think so.

I don't think the problem that arises from men and women not being paid equally for the same positions comes from actual physical labor positions, but more office and intellectual type work.
    And if you think there isn't sexism when it comes to that, then that must be one comfy rock you're living under.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Bronze Member

It must be because I have never seen monetary sexism.

Quote Originally Posted by carrievaught View Post
    As sad as that is, most women in America want equality, but only part of them want it so bad they are willing to get down and get dirty and actually do a man's job. If I, as a woman, want to be paid like a man, I have to be willing to take on more job responsibilities also. I know alot of women do that already and more, but some women complain and complain about not getting the same pay, but they aren't even willing to do the work.
    Oh where to begin. Equality isn't about getting down and dirty, it's about fairness. Define "man's job". If I want to be paid "like a man", I'd expect that I'd be doing the same job as that man not that I'd have to take on more responsibilities. The complaints arise from doing the same work and not being paid the same amount. If someone is unwilling to do the work they were hired to to do, they're not a woman, they're a slacker and should expect to lose their job.
    For instance, I am a housewife now, and I won't take the trash out or mow the lawn because I was raised that is a "man's job".
    Are you for real? You just said that there are women who aren't willing to do work then as your for instance, you cite your grip on outdated social mores and blame your parents? Seriously?
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Bronze Member

No I don't blame my parents. There is a difference in blaming my parents for mistakes I make as an adult, and a difference in how they raised me. However, that aside, you did explain to me what was meant on the sexism and women not being paid as much as men. I have honestly never seen that. I guess I don't understand much about that. I thought that it meant that all women wanted equal pay, but not want to do the same job. That is how I understood the situation. I'm sorry to cause so much controversy, but really, I've never seen a man get paid more for the exact same position as a woman.

No I don't blame my parents.
    What I meant was that you're an adult now and the way you were raised is in the past. As and adult, you take responsibility for what you do or don't do and you are choosing not to do certain things. However, you're saying it's because of have been trained to think of certain jobs as man's work. I guess I've just never run across a woman who refuses to do certain things based on gender.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information