Thread: Rape? Meh, it's not so bad.

Default Rape? Meh, it's not so bad.

Rape: not so bad?

Published May 12th, 2010 From the IAmAnAtheist feedback form:
    You made fun of what I said about Christian women rather being raped than commit murder by saying that I havenít asked a lot of women about this. That was snide but it didnít answer my point, which is that rape doesnít justify murder. Rape is nasty and itís a sin (itís adultery because they arenít married and if the woman is a virgin or married itís theft) but you canít kill someone because of adultery or theft. Would you kill someone who your husband had relations with? Thatís murder. Would you kill someone who stole your car? Thatís murder. If killing for rape is murder than killing for just attempting to rape is even worse. The personís dying for something they havenít even done.
    Atheists always use rape as an argument for justifying killing because they want to justify abortion. But is rape really that bad? Itís a horrible experience but you get over it with time. If you use it to justify murder youíre never going to get over it. Imagine you have a painful divorce. Would you murder your children after because they remind you of your ex husband? Of course not. I think any woman would easily tell you that a painful divorce is worse than rape but itís not an excuse to kill your baby, so why is rape?
    Christian women can also take a lot more than atheist women. Maybe this is part of the reason that atheists get so hung up about this. Christian women can turn to Christ or worship God in their hearts and endure great suffering. Iím not belittling it but think about it, no amount of suffering from rape is as great as the suffering our Lord suffered on the cross for our sins. You are the one who has to ask more true Christian women about this. Youíre out of touch and trying to make a big deal out of something just for shock value.
    Wow. I donít even know where to start responding to this. You, frankly, seem to have no idea how bad rape is. Comparing it to something as impersonal as an auto accident seems to highlight your lack of understanding. Your implication that Iím getting ďhung upĒ on something thatís not ďa big dealĒ doesnít earn you any sympathy points, either.
    Your closing remark about how much more a Christian woman can withstand is just bizarre to me. Are you saying it causes less harm to rape a Christian woman because the Christian woman can take it? Iíd appreciate it if youíd tell me Iím wrong about this.
    Iíd also appreciate your telling me that I misunderstood part of your justification for rape being a sin. You say itís a sin because itís either adultery or theft, but wouldnít that mean that itís not a sin if a man rapes his wife?
    Please spend some significant time thinking over opinion on this subject. Even better, talk to a pastor or a number of women about it. Honestly, I find your point of view creepy.
    Source: Rape: not so bad? | IAmAnAtheist
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Imagine you have a painful divorce. Would you murder your children after because they remind you of your ex husband? Of course not. I think any woman would easily tell you that a painful divorce is worse than rape but it’s not an excuse to kill your baby, so why is rape?
    wow, imagine how bad this 'christian' woman's sex life is if she thinks rape and marriage are in any way comparable...
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I think my head might explode after reading that. I'm still stuck on 'Christian women can take a lot more than atheist women'.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

What a stupid twit of a woman! I would happily murder her.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

So she basically says abortion is worse than the rape that caused this unwanted pregnancy?

WTF?

I'm so happy I don't personally know anyone with this kind of mindset.

Wow. Was this written by a man or woman?

And Twitchy - I admire your restraint.
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

itís adultery because they arenít married and if the woman is a virgin or married itís theft
    WTF? So if the woman's not a virgin, then it's not a sin? And the idea that raping a married woman is theft implies that the husband is the victim because the rapist has trespassed on his property and taken something of his.

Quote Originally Posted by penname View Post
    And Twitchy - I admire your restraint.
    It's not so much restraint as being totally speechless and unable to comment.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Wow. Just bizarre thinking. I read somewhere that a girl was whipped, or worse for getting pregnant from a rape. I don't remember what country this was in either, but it just boggled my mind that this could ever happen any where ever. This woman reminds me somewhat of that sort of crap thinking. Put a cap in her ass and let's call it a day.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Thread Information