Thread: Mexico cartel stitches rival's face on soccer ball

Default Mexico cartel stitches rival's face on soccer ball

Jeezus H.

Mexico cartel stitches rival's face on soccer ball - Yahoo! News--

MEXICO CITY – The body of 36-year-old Hugo Hernandez was left on the streets of Los Mochis in seven pieces as a chilling threat to members of the Juarez drug cartel. A note read: "Happy New Year, because this will be your last."
    To drive home the point, the assailants skinned Hernandez's face and stitched it onto a soccer ball.
    The gruesome find, confirmed Friday by Sinaloa state prosecutors, represents a new level of brutality in Mexico's drug war, in which torture and beheadings are almost daily occurrences.
    Hernandez was taken to Sinaloa after being kidnapped Jan. 2 in neighboring Sonora state, in an area known for marijuana growing, said Martin Robles, a spokesman for Sinaloa prosecutors. The motive for his abduction was unclear.
    His torso was found in a plastic container in one location; elsewhere another box contained his arms, legs and skull, Robles said. Hernandez's face, sewn onto a soccer ball, was left in a plastic bag near City Hall.
    More than 15,000 people have been killed since President Felipe Calderon launched a crackdown on cartels three years ago. While the border cities of Ciudad Juarez and Tijuana have seen much of the violence, Sinaloa state is Mexico's drug-smuggling heartland and is the birthplace of the leadership of four of the six major cartels.
    Often, victims are tortured and mutilated, in an attempt to intimidate rivals, officials and others who might represent a threat to the cartels.
    Often, it works.
    In the northern city of Saltillo, a major regional newspaper announced it would stop covering drug violence altogether after the body of a reporter was found Friday outside a motel with a threatening message. Valentin Valdes had recently written about the arrests of suspected drug traffickers.
    "As of today we will publish zero information related to drug trafficking to avoid situations like the one we went through today," an editor of the newspaper Zocalo told The Associated Press. Tellingly, he asked that his name not be published.
    Many Mexican news media have stopped covering anything that might be associated with drugs, or limit themselves to reporting on government news releases. At least 17 journalists have been killed in Mexico since 1992 in direct reprisal for stories, according to the New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists.
    Valdes had written about the Dec. 29 arrests at the Marbella Motel of five alleged members of the Gulf drug cartel. He also covered the arrests Wednesday of five others who barged into the same hotel and stole the surveillance tapes.
    The 28-year-old reporter was shot to death, and his body was dumped outside the Marbella Motel.
    The Coahuila state Attorney General's Office said a handwritten message left next to his body read: "This is going to happen to everybody who doesn't understand, the message is for everybody."
    Such threatening messages are frequently left by Mexican drug cartels.
    The influence of cartels has increased to such an extent that on Friday all 60 policemen in the embattled town of Tancitaro were fired because they had failed to stop a series of killings and other crimes. Michoacan state police and soldiers will take over security duties in the town.
    In December, eight government officials including the mayor of Tancitaro resigned their posts saying they had been threatened by drug traffickers.

The town is in a drug-plagued area and in March the top city council member, Gonzalo Paz, was kidnapped, tortured and killed.
    Still, one Mexican official said progress was being made. Mexico's Ambassador to the United States, Arturo Sarukhan, said that "we have begun to see important results in the ability of U.S. government to detain the flows" of drug-related weapons and cash into Mexico over the two countries' border.

Gulp. Not going there!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Ciudad Juarez is notorious. It's bad enough near my hometown but the cartels up there by El Paso are brutal.

Scary as hell.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

.. at least they're being creative..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^^
    i know. it's horrible and cruel and all that but also kind of awesome.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

This belongs in a movie.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    This belongs in a movie.
    I was just thinking something along those lines. I almost posted "these cartels have more interesting killings that even the movies and the TV crime dramas can come up with.

Stitching a face to a soccer ball??

hey butt, now THERE is something to show some sewing prowess, huh? Get out that new machine and start stitching face!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

You are so right, Soj. *runs off to skin mr butt's face and rev up sewing machine* Now, where did I leave the heathen's football?

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

You are so right, Soj. *runs off to skin mr butt's face and rev up sewing machine* Now, where did I leave the heathen's football?
    I bet none of those bitches on Project Runway can pull THAT off.

Although I wish they would have some challenge where they would have to use dead animal pelts, pig faces, etc. to make clothing. Can you imagine the storm of protest?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

You know at least two of them would refuse to participate and make a big stink...but the ratings would go through the roof.

--Sinclair Lewis

I just hope the poor guy was dead when they did this. Knowing the Mexican cartels, they probably made the guy help stitch his face onto the soccerball....

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    .. at least they're being creative..
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    i know. it's horrible and cruel and all that but also kind of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    I was just thinking something along those lines. I almost posted "these cartels have more interesting killings that even the movies and the TV crime dramas can come up with.

Stitching a face to a soccer ball??

hey butt, now THERE is something to show some sewing prowess, huh? Get out that new machine and start stitching face!
    Did any of you ever hear about "El Pozolero" (the Stewmaker):

'Stewmaker' Stirs Horror in Mexico

By William Booth
    Washington Post Foreign Service
    Tuesday, January 27, 2009

MEXICO CITY, Jan. 26 As the nation's drug war rages on, with its weekly tallies of headless torsos, it is getting harder to produce a shock wave in the Mexican media. But the gruesome recipes of "The Stewmaker" have gripped public attention here, as authorities describe how a "disposal expert" working for a Tijuana drug cartel boss allegedly got rid of hundreds of bodies by dissolving the corpses in vats of caustic liquid.

The sour-faced mug shot of Santiago Meza López, 45, made the front pages Saturday and again on Monday, as federal agents presented new details about "El Pozolero." A pozole is a traditional Mexican stew made of hominy, pork and chilies. It is important to keep stirring the soup while it is on the stove.

In a news conference in Tijuana on Friday, Mexican army and law enforcement officials said that Meza confessed to disposing of more than 300 corpses, though they have not provided any evidence to support such a high number.

"They paid me $600 a week," Meza told journalists at a news conference overseen by masked soldiers and federal agents. "I ask for forgiveness from the families of the dead." Meza told agents he boiled the latest victim 15 days earlier.

On Sunday, at a second news conference, this time in Mexico City, federal agents described Meza as an important cog in the cartel machinery -- the man who disposed of bodies killed by hit men working for Teodoro "El Teo" García Simental, who is vying for control of the Tijuana drug trafficking cartel. Officials say much of the violence that killed more than 5,700 people last year was the result of fighting among cartels for control of lucrative smuggling corridors into the United States.

On Monday, a group of men armed with heavy weapons attacked the municipal police station in La Mision, a Baja California coastal town between Tijuana and Ensenada, where Meza was arrested while attending a party at an RV resort by the beach. No one was hurt in the attack on the police station, which was hit by 200 rounds. Afterward, trucks stolen from California were found abandoned nearby.

Baja officials told El Universal newspaper that they did not know who fired at the police station or why but said they suspect the attack was in reprisal for the arrest of Meza and two companions. One of his companions was the personal chef for cartel boss García. The other man was the chef's assistant. García was also reportedly at the beach party but escaped, according to Mexican news accounts.

The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration identified García as the chief rival of alleged Arellano Félix cartel leader Fernando Sánchez Arellano, known as "El Ingeniero," the engineer. Fighting between the armies of El Teo and El Ingeniero is responsible for much of the daily slaughter around the border city of Tijuana, according to Mexican law enforcement officials.

At the Sunday news conference, federal agents described "the recipe" followed by the Stewmaker: "The procedure to dispose of the corpses was to fill a drum with 200 liters of water and then put two sacks of caustic soda, put it over a fire and when it started to boil, put in the bodies."

The human remains, according to the federal agents, cooked for eight hours, and afterward there was nothing left but teeth and nails. After the liquid cooled, Meza allegedly put the remains in a plastic tub, took it to an empty lot and burned it with gasoline, according to federal agents.

The attorney general of Baja California, Rommel Moreno, said Meza will be shown photos of missing persons to see if he recognizes any. According to authorities, Meza said that when he received the bodies, the victims were already dead. Meza, a former truck driver, told authorities he had been disposing of corpses for the past nine years.

This has been a violent month along the border. On Friday, a prominent Tijuana businessman was shot and killed outside his home by what police describe as drug-addicted robbers. Rafael Fimbres Hernández was a well-known member of the Tijuana family that founded the Calimax supermarket chain. In Ciudad Juarez, the most deadly city in Mexico, local reporters have tallied 104 murders in January, including nine on Sunday.

'Stewmaker' Stirs Horror in Mexico

This belongs in a movie.
    WILSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information