Thread: Neocon inspired revisit of same-sex marriage vote 'too close to call'

Angry Neocon inspired revisit of same-sex marriage vote 'too close to call'

I swear to fucking god, if these assholes take AWAY the rights i've protested and fought so long to have after them being granted to us I will hunt that fuckbag Harper down and make him watch Xanadu until he vomits up blue conservative ichor.

Feb. 4, 2006. 01:00 AM
    ANDREW MILLS
    OTTAWA BUREAU

OTTAWA—When it comes time for MPs to vote — again — on same-sex marriage, exactly how the numbers will fall in the House of Commons remains unclear.

In June, Bill C-38, which legalized same-sex marriage in Canada, passed in the House by a vote of 158 to 133.

Following the Jan. 23 election, the Commons will include 117 MPs who supported the bill and 114 who did not. There are 68 new MPs, of whom 38 are Conservatives, 7 are Liberals, 10 are Bloc Québécois, 12 are New Democrats and one is an independent.

Nobody's sure how those 68 MPs will vote when Stephen Harper's government introduces a motion that will ask MPs in a free vote if they wish to reopen the same-sex marriage debate. If that motion passes, the legislation itself will be put to a free vote in the Commons.

"We have some idea of what's going on, but ... it's still too close to call," said Laurie Arron, director of advocacy for Egale, a group that fights for equal rights for gays and lesbians.

In an informal survey, Arron has identified at least four incoming Conservatives who support same-sex marriage: John Baird (Ottawa West-Nepean), Garth Turner (Halton), Lawrence Cannon (Pontiac) and Josée Verner (Louis-Saint-Laurent).

"But I would say that the vast, overwhelming majority of new Conservative MPs will be siding with Mr. Harper," Arron said. "Most new Liberals will be on our side and new Bloc will be on our side and new NDP, certainly on our side."
    PISS OFF, leave us alone! Christ on a stick, why do you have to be such fascist assholes? Who in their right mind TAKES AWAY RIGHTS from a segment of the population! It's 2006, not slave times.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: Neocon inspired revisit of same-sex marriage vote 'too close to call'

What's the point in re-opening this? Gay marriage was vote in and it should stay in, there's already too many places in the world where gay marraige is illegal, why make it illegal in Quebec or anywhere else in Canada?

I'm starting to see why this Harper guy is an exact copy of Bush.

Default Re: Neocon inspired revisit of same-sex marriage vote 'too close to call'

completely agree and understand..though you should make him watch movies that are so liberal even liberals can't stand them..and make him listen to Joan Baez.lol. BTW, I think they have Christ on a stick at the Ohio State Fair, battered, fried in lard, then sugar coated. YUMMY!

Wow...if they are soo gung ho about taking away same sex marriage, then why not have an alternative, like same sex unions, that aren't called marriage, but give similar rights?

I just want the same sex couples to have the same legal and medical rights as married folk. I don't care what they do behind closed doors, and enither should they. shit...
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

I won't be satisfied with 'civil unions'. I want equality. None of this "you can ride on the bus, but you got to sit in the back with the other colored folk." shit.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

He's re-opening it because it was a deal he made with the fundies who helped him get elected. He muzzled them during the election; this is their pay off.

I'd laugh my ass off if the other parties tendered a motion of no confidence if he tries to get them to vote LOl

election #3!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    I won't be satisfied with 'civil unions'. I want equality. None of this "you can ride on the bus, but you got to sit in the back with the other colored folk." shit.

I feel the exact same way. I want the same right everyone else has and not a cheap version of it.

And to ask a question, how are the other parties in Canada stand on the issue of gay marriage?

Liberals: Mostly for it, less than 1/3 of the party wasnt.

NDP: like 99% for it

Bloc: i think 100% for it

Conservatives: 95% against it, i think 4 have broken ranks to vote for it

It's in Christ's name that they're doing this.

Well, then Christ should accept the mockers too. Can't the guy take a little light hearted teasing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mushy
    Christ isn't the problem Sojiita. Politicians are. Shame on you.
    Oh pu-leeze ..are you another case of SOHB?..these crazies are the same people who see the image of Christ on a rust stain on a water tank in some podunk Ohio town and then flock to it to worship, take pics and sell T-shirts. Alot of these "politicians" are crazy fundamentalists who are elected by crazy fundamentals. Christ would lol at these crazy people, then hang is head in disgust. Shame on you for taking it so literally..what are you going to do now..start burning things like the fundamentalist muslims are?(they have no sense of humor either and apparently have not left the middle ages since they are doing what the Catholic Church did 500 years ago) .

Thread Information