Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 1/4 of black population missing from abortion genocide says Dr. Alveda King

OCD

I was born with a mental illness I did not bring upon myself.

I have a diagnosis that makes it impossible to buy health insurance, I am uninsurable. They don't let married chicks with hard working husbands have state aid, we make too much money, just enough to live on, not enough to buy the special insurance (which oddly doesn't cover mental healthcare) I require that has such a steep co-pay and so many caveats one has to carefully weigh whether being homeless is worth the price of said "healthcare".

My husband works in a line of work that very rarely offers insurance, and we had no idea we couldn't just go out and buy some. I wish it were that easy.

I don't think any of us uninsured people have ever said, "Dammit I want free shit paid for by other people!" Or "Hot damn I don't have to work everyone else will for me!"

We just want in. Fuck is that so ridiculous?

Now excuse me while I go control my health problems with THE SECRET.

stop being glib and take your vitamins. you don't know the history of health insurance, i do.

*jumps a couch*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

OCD

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    stop being glib and take your vitamins. you don't know the history of health insurance, i do.

*jumps a couch*
    Yes Tom, off to GNC Tom, right away Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    I was born with a mental illness I did not bring upon myself.

I have a diagnosis that makes it impossible to buy health insurance, I am uninsurable. They don't let married chicks with hard working husbands have state aid, we make too much money, just enough to live on, not enough to buy the special insurance (which oddly doesn't cover mental healthcare) I require that has such a steep co-pay and so many caveats one has to carefully weigh whether being homeless is worth the price of said "healthcare".

My husband works in a line of work that very rarely offers insurance, and we had no idea we couldn't just go out and buy some. I wish it were that easy.

I don't think any of us uninsured people have ever said, "Dammit I want free shit paid for by other people!" Or "Hot damn I don't have to work everyone else will for me!"

We just want in. Fuck is that so ridiculous?

Now excuse me while I go control my health problems with THE SECRET.

I was born with low iron. I almost died of pneumonia as a baby. I suffer from allergies I have had untreated depression since I was about 12. None of these are your problem, nor is your mental illness my problem. I doubt see it as insensitive, just that it is youru duty to help you. Not the other way around. Leave victim mode, please.
    "All they do is sit around and argue about 'who said what and when'." ~RON PAUL re: McCain and Romney arguing about 'time tables'.

OCD

Quote Originally Posted by snpage2001 View Post
    I was born with low iron. I almost died of pneumonia as a baby. I suffer from allergies I have had untreated depression since I was about 12. None of these are your problem, nor is your mental illness my problem. I doubt see it as insensitive, just that it is youru duty to help you. Not the other way around. Leave victim mode, please.
    So once again congratulations on your lovely healthcare. Enjoy it, and be sure to use it frequently- tomorrow you may not be sitting on the same high branch preening so jubilantly.

Some angry loser might shoot you off your willow branch and stuff you full of savory herbs and watch your juices drip drip drip satisfyingly into the fire below. As your belly gets shiny and round signaling proper cooking temperature dinner would begin, hopefully coinciding with the setting of the sun shimmering on the blanket of snow you once looked out upon with fat worms squirming from your lips so cocky, so selfish, so tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    So once again congratulations on your lovely healthcare. Enjoy it, and be sure to use it frequently- tomorrow you may not be sitting on the same high branch preening so jubilantly.

Some angry loser might shoot you off your willow branch and stuff you full of savory herbs and watch your juices drip drip drip satisfyingly into the fire below. As your belly gets shiny and round signaling proper cooking temperature dinner would begin, hopefully coinciding with the setting of the sun shimmering on the blanket of snow you once looked out upon with fat worms squirming from your lips so cocky, so selfish, so tasty.

LOL
    "All they do is sit around and argue about 'who said what and when'." ~RON PAUL re: McCain and Romney arguing about 'time tables'.

^^ yeah, it basically screws with the impression
    True. That's why I hate when people start crying racism, sexism, homophobia or religious persecution just to get themselves off the hook with something. It's an insult to the people who are really going through those issues.

OCD

Quote Originally Posted by snpage2001 View Post
    LOL

Silver Member

That is so fucking ignorant and stupid. Typical pro life hysteria.

For a start, abortion is not genocide. No one is rounding up black women and forcing them to abort. No, these women, like white women, asian women, etc, are CHOOSING to abort. No one will perform an abortion without the woman's permission. So if you're going to call abortion genocide and the systematic destruction of blacks, then aim it at the black women who are requesting abortions. God, there are no genocidal doctors stalking the corridors of maternity units ready to kidnap pregnant black women. Be realistic, not stupid.

This is just another pro life tactic to advance the abortion = bad agenda. We've had the holocaust references, the so-called breast cancer 'link' and now racism? I doubt the pro lifer's who come up with this shit actually give a damn about 'black genocide', or women getting cancer, they're just useable angles.

Okay, lets imagine that in an attempt to stop this 'black genocide' (oh, and the 'poor genocide' too, that's another popular pro life claim!) we ban black women and poor women from getting abortions, making them only available to middle and upper class white women. And how exactly could THAT not be considered classist and racist? And you know what would happen then? Exactly the same thing that happened when abortion was illegal. The rich could afford private physicians and the poor would go to some untrained 'doctor' or do it themselves. I'm sure the fervent anti abortion figureheads are aware of this too.

Yes, Margaret Sanger was possibly racist. Lets put that in context: it's not suprising for a turn of the century white woman. Does this mean that the Planned Parenthood of today are racist? No, of course not, anymore than pro-slavery laws mean that the government of today secretly want to enslave blacks. Ideas change. Progression occurs.
    Last edited by Charlotte; February 11th, 2008 at 04:08 PM.

Yeah, I'd like to point out this nifty pie chart in case anybody starts screaming about the "Evil liberals trying to take everything away from god fearing christian right wing america-lovers."

That is all. Now STFU.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
    That is so fucking ignorant and stupid. Typical pro life hysteria.

For a start, abortion is not genocide. No one is rounding up black women and forcing them to abort. No, these women, like white women, asian women, etc, are CHOOSING to abort. No one will perform an abortion without the woman's permission. So if you're going to call abortion genocide and the systematic destruction of blacks, then aim it at the black women who are requesting abortions. God, there are no genocidal doctors stalking the corridors of maternity units ready to kidnap pregnant black women. Be realistic, not stupid.

This is just another pro life tactic to advance the abortion = bad agenda. We've had the holocaust references, the so-called breast cancer 'link' and now racism? I doubt the pro lifer's who come up with this shit actually give a damn about 'black genocide', or women getting cancer, they're just useable angles.

Okay, lets imagine that in an attempt to stop this 'black genocide' (oh, and the 'poor genocide' too, that's another popular pro life claim!) we ban black women and poor women from getting abortions, making them only available to middle and upper class white women. And how exactly could THAT not be considered classist and racist? And you know what would happen then? Exactly the same thing that happened when abortion was illegal. The rich could afford private physicians and the poor would go to some untrained 'doctor' or do it themselves. I'm sure the fervent anti abortion figureheads are aware of this too.

Yes, Margaret Sanger was possibly racist. Lets put that in context: it's suprising for a turn of the century white woman. Does this mean that the Planned Parenthood of today are racist? No, of course not, anymore than pro-slavery laws mean that the government of today secretly want to enslave blacks. Ideas change. Progression occurs.
    Yeah, I'd like to point out this nifty pie chart in case anybody starts screaming about the "Evil liberals trying to take everything away from god fearing christian right wing america-lovers."

That is all. Now STFU.

*applause*
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Um, I think they tend to put more abby clinics in poorer places to make sure broke people have a choice between affording 3 meals a day instead of 1.

AAs are still generally poorer than Caucasians, so it would stand to reason that there would be more clinics made available to them. It isn't a race thing IMO, but a creed thing.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Yeah... it's not genocide. This whole genocide thing is bullshit; it may have been genocide back in the day when these things were forced but jesus f-ing christ... what is the message here "Keep having babies you can't care for so you can eventually rise above" ?!?!?! That makes no sense. I always thought catholicism's stance on birth control was about oppression; keep having babies that you must work to care for, you'll be so busy working and caring for children you can barely afford you'll never ask us about what the fuck we've been doing. Ugh.
    OMFG do you know what I just realized; 1/4 of the population of semi intelligent people who have had birth control mishaps are missing because of "genocide"... coz the only people with any common sense are getting vaccumed up.
    Last edited by Just Kill Me; February 11th, 2008 at 02:40 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information