Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1/4 of black population missing from abortion genocide says Dr. Alveda King

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

That Article Is Retarded.

I'm so happy that these places are available to the poor and Black and poor-Black populations! They should be available to everyone but a lot of times minorities don't even get things like this that are standard to everyone else, so I'm happy that there's some equality in this case as there should be! Y'all know my stance on the subject too; birth control and abortion as needed should be available to everyone and in a perfect world - it'd be free too or at least very low cost.

For whatever reasons there..is always a high pregnancy/abortion rate is poor societys..period...It isn't just black people..the majority of the ones I have seen over here in CA have been hispanic...and actually white..but then again I live around mostly white and hispanic people..whatever..I could careless if someone has an abortion..I actually feel that is better than having a child that you won't take care of..because you know those damn people will NEVER give that child up for adoption..I can not even begin to understand why so many people who don't have the money..have so many damn children..and the majority of them are not even black...so I'm not sure how she or anyone else could say that is true..

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    more than that, personal responsibility has become practically taboo.
    I love you people from other countries talking about this issue. I am from the Deep South and you get accused of being a member of the Klan if you talk like this. I work in a low socio-economic level school and our county has the highest number of teen mothers in the state. Not many abortions going on here. They all expect the government to take care of them (blacks and whites). Sort of off topic, but after the hurricane they all sat back and waited for the government to fix their homes and guess what? They have. And you know what else? They are buying new cars and going on vacations instead with my tax money while working people like myself had to wrangle with insurance companies to fix our homes. (Mine had ankle deep water.)

yeah, but i'm, not just talking about black folks, i'm talking about ALL folks who act like this.

It's just black folks seem to have an easy way out.. THE RACE CARD, and it's used quite a lot. Criticise a black person for something obvious, no matter HOW warranted, and whoops! you're a racist! Doesn't matter if you go down the line and say the same thing about some white guy or a hispanic right after...
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Silver Member

You're right, and there are just as many white people with their hand out waiting on the government to take care of them. The strong, no nonsense members of the black community do not buy into the nonsense of this article.

Thumbs down

It's just black folks seem to have an easy way out.. THE RACE CARD, and it's used quite a lot. Criticise a black person for something obvious, no matter HOW warranted, and whoops! you're a racist! Doesn't matter if you go down the line and say the same thing about some white guy or a hispanic right after...
    Typical. Give me a break Grimm. Speaking about black people as a group; you're grouping us together like sheep like we're all the same and do all the same things, and at the end of your rant you conclude that we have it "easy". Black people have it easy, what a laugh You can always end or begin your statement with a '...well I'm not talking about all black folks..' but it doesn't make any difference. Its a cop out, like the "no offense but..." phrase. Racism isn't a card game. There is no "race card". The term is extremely overreaching, and is used to legitimize apathy toward injustice. "Race card" is something I take offense to. IMO, has been used to increase apathy toward real injustices in our culture. It creates flippancy that is extremely divisive. It helps close people's ears, to the outcries of their fellow citizens.
    Last edited by bychance; February 8th, 2008 at 10:25 PM. Reason: paragraph structure

Well, if the good doctor isn't playing the race card, I'd like to know who the heck is. SHE is doing it, and since nobody had a gun to her head, I am assuming she is doing it out of choice, something she seems loath to allow other people.

I agree that the "isms" get thrown around too freely, but if the shoe fits as it does in this case, then I see nothing wrong with mentioning it.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Typical. Give me a break Grimm. Speaking about black people as a group; you're grouping us together like sheep like we're all the same and do all the same things, and at the end of your rant you conclude that we have it "easy".
    No, I'm concluding you have an OUT that I don't have as a white guy. It's true, you do. It's there if you want to use it. Not every black person does, but as that out IS there it DOES get used.

Black people have it easy, what a laugh You can always end or begin your statement with a '...well I'm not talking about all black folks..' but it doesn't make any difference. Its a cop out, like the "no offense but..." phrase.
    No, it's not a cop out, it's being PRECISE. If i wanted to talk about every single last black person on the planet, I would do so. If i wanted to talk about 50% of the black people, I would do so. Since I can't pin down what the exact percentage is, i'm going to use a qualifier. That's being as precise as I can be with the information available. To NOT admit that you do not know the percentage.. THAT is racism. That's lumping.

Racism isn't a card game. There is no "race card".
    Yes, there is.

It's the skin color version of the rape card. It's the skin color version of the "they took our jobs" card. It's all the same deck.

The term is extremely overreaching, and is used to legitimize apathy toward injustice.
    In some cases, sure. Just like the race card is used to escape, twist or dodge justice or even forment injustice on its own.

"Race card" is something I take offense to. IMO, has been used to increase apathy toward real injustices in our culture.
    It's also been used as described by many people. YOu can't escape or deny that fact.

The fact that, as you say, the term has been used by some to 'increase apathy' does not negate the fact that a probable equal portion have used the race card in the way i describe.

It creates flippancy that is extremely divisive. It helps close people's ears, to the outcries of their fellow citizens.
    So does using said race card. Crying wolf doesn't work every time and does more than enough to close the ears. That's when you run into trouble with using any card in that deck, be it race, employment, rape...

So unless you can prove to me that the race card has never been used, your argument is built on a very rickety premise indeed given that the term already exists.

edit: goddamn I argue well when I've had a few beers.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

You can always end or begin your statement with a '...well I'm not talking about all black folks..' but it doesn't make any difference. Its a cop out, like the "no offense but..." phrase. Racism isn't a card game. There is no "race card". The term is extremely overreaching, and is used to legitimize apathy toward injustice. "Race card" is something I take offense to. IMO, has been used to increase apathy toward real injustices in our culture. It creates flippancy that is extremely divisive. It helps close people's ears, to the outcries of their fellow citizens.
    I really don't have too much patience with this topic, but I really think that it comes down to the black race straightening out their race, if it is so offensive what he said.

Right. I'll go get massa n'em and we can den straighten out our some billions of black folk in tha community so nobodys gon talk bout us no mores. or did yoomean da black americans? caz dat will be easier, less niccas to straighten out, knamean?

give me a fucking break.

oh lord i'm not gettin near that one.

At least i make sense..

Right. I'll go get massa n'em and we can den straighten out our some billions of black folk in tha community so nobodys gon talk bout us no mores. or did yoomean da black americans? caz dat will be easier, less niccas to straighten out, knamean?

give me a fucking break.
    Oh, my god, that's fucking funny. Yeah, I know. This country is a fucking mess, ain't it!

oh lord i'm not gettin near that one.

At least i make sense..
    My name is KUMPTA KENTE.

yeah, but i'm, not just talking about black folks, i'm talking about ALL folks who act like this.

The easy way out. Spoken by somebody who has never been black a day in his life. Trust me, maybe it appears that black people can cry racism, and everything just magically works out, but the truth is a different story. True, you have some black people who do use the race card for their own benefit. But there are some white people who use the race card to their benefit, too. For example, if a black person gets a promotion on a job, some people will just say that they got it because they were black, and not even consider that the person was qualified.

So, throwing down that race card is a weapon that not only black people use. And while it may appear effective for some, in the grand scheme it isn't. And in those instances when a black person successfully throws out the race card if somebody criticizes them, it's because they're able to tap into that white liberal guilt. If you don't have that white liberal guilt, then the race card won't work on you.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieElizabeth View Post
    I really don't have too much patience with this topic, but I really think that it comes down to the black race straightening out their race, if it is so offensive what he said.
    That could be said for ALL races. Last time I checked, every race could do a little house cleaning and throw out some of the baggage.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information