Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is plastic surgery so frowned upon?

ok, i really didn't mean to insult anyone, and i wasn't really talking about implants used for reconstructive purposes or after babies have literally milked all the roundness from your boobies. most of the women i've known that have gotten them had perfectly fine breasts to begin with and were young and childless but felt they needed bigger boobs to feel more feminine. they felt their small-to-normal sized boobs were somehow not feminine. the sad thing is all of them had breasts that were proportional to their frames.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I didn't feel insulted, in case you meant me.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^^^
    no, i didn't think you felt insulted but just wanted to make myself clear in case i had offended anyone or if my comment came out as insensitive, which wasn't my intention at all.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm practically flat as a board, but the reason I wouldn't consider implants is simply because I'm worried about side-effects/botched results, not because I think there's something intrinsically wrong with the procedure, or any PS. If there was a safe, guaranteed result way to magically get a B cup (wouldn't want anything bigger with my frame), I'd be all for it.

^^^^
    you could always go on the pill. my best friend did that and went from a small B to a full C and they didn't get any smaller when she stopped the pill either. she didn't gain any weight anywhere else, her boobs just magically inflated.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    you could always go on the pill. my best friend did that and went from a small B to a full C and they didn't get any smaller when she stopped the pill either. she didn't gain any weight anywhere else, her boobs just magically inflated.
    I actually considered it, because lots of my friends had that pleasant side-effect. But then some of my friends had the side-effect that it killed their libido, so that worries me.

Besides, I'd need to quit smoking first. Which is actually planned for Monday, so if I start going crazy and starting random fights in the Brangelina threads or something, you'll know why.

Yay! Good luck!

Thanks. I'm determined, I got Nicotine patches, I got gum...but yeah, I'll need luck too.

Quote Originally Posted by sinnergirl View Post
    It is only frowned upon by people who cant afford it.
    That is silly and you know it.

I think that good symmetry and proportions are not 'new age' - this is something that is instictual, we are attracted to what is aesthetically pleasing. Magazines are filled with good looking ppl, and WE decide that we like it, not because the caption says "its beautiful" Ppl must stop saying this is a new age problem, ps just came along and evened the score for the ones who dont have perfect genes! I do believe that 80% of ps is done well, and they blend into the background, nobody notices them. Or this surgery would've been banned long ago! A good nose job is one that looks JUST like your old nose only scaled down, no bump and less hook or bulb on the end (Ashlee had her eyelids lifted AND her chin done at the same time - not fair to say she completely changed, your features as a whole make up your face, not one unit of it)
    Someone said earlier that we should feel bad about the starving kids and not have ps cuz its wasteful - jesus - then we all need to stop driving cars, wasting food etc - bad example!
    Vanity is vanity - some use harsher methods, but the core reason is the same, be it makeup or shape altering undergarments - its uncomfortable and time consuming to use these tools, but we do it for the results... (not comparing them to surgery as such)

You can either fight the system (aging) or be a bitter cow trying to make the world see that its beautiful. Everyone will agree with u, but behind your back they'll be botoxing the shit outta themselves... hehehahahahaahahaha
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

ok, i really didn't mean to insult anyone, and i wasn't really talking about implants used for reconstructive purposes or after babies have literally milked all the roundness from your boobies. most of the women i've known that have gotten them had perfectly fine breasts to begin with and were young and childless but felt they needed bigger boobs to feel more feminine. they felt their small-to-normal sized boobs were somehow not feminine. the sad thing is all of them had breasts that were proportional to their frames.
    Just asking: why weren't you refering to women who had lost their fullness after breastfeeding?Why weren't you referring to reconstruction? Why are those two reasons any more valid than others? It is still about wanting a part of your body to look a way that is appealing to you. Why is a post-nursing mom with deflated boobs any more worthy of understanding than a Bcup who wants to be a Ccup? Why isn't she expected to embrace how nature has left her after feeding her children life giving nutrients from her own body since other 'normal' women with 'normal' boobs seem to be expected to just deal with what nature gave them?

^^^
    not saying she's not allowed, just what i think. which isn't going to stop anyone from getting breast implants if they want them. the point is: plastic surgery is supposed to improve your appearance. in the case of at least a couple of these women, their new boobs look obviously fake and out of proportion. i am not against plastic surgery but i agree with plastic girl that good ps is ps you don't notice - the subtly done botox that makes a woman look younger but not waxy and expressionless, the subtle nose job that doesn't look like a nose job, but rather like the before nose only improved... i think a boob job on a girl whose breasts were already proportional to her frame is the same as a girl with a perfectly nice nose who gets a nose job and ends up with an obviously fake looking and too small nose. in both cases, the ps was unnecessary and they would have been better off investing the money in therapy, not a plastic surgeon. but that's just my opinion.

Would people die if there was no plastic surgery and *gasp* oh the horror, had to live with what god gave them?

Well we wouldn't die without chocolate cake, either, but what fun would that be?

I dont have a problem with people having plastic surgery, what infuriates me is people who say that so and so SHOULD have it because they have a bad nose, or a flat chest or whatever the reason. Maybe you're not one of those people but i know plenty of people who are and I just have to think -'fuck up moron, dont contribute to an already very superficial society'.

Plastic surgery isn't a solution to all one's problems.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. February 7th, 2007, 12:40 AM

Thread Information