Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is plastic surgery so frowned upon?

Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    Ew, really? I've only seen a removed one on CSI. The stripper had implants. It was clean, but that's probably just television.
    yes. It's really gross.

Moldy Breast Implants Blamed For Health Problems - Health

LEAKY, SCARRING, BLACK WITH MOLD*,WHY WOMEN ARE TAKING THEM OUT*,The shocking health claims against saline implants*,Lisa Collier Cool*,Glamour

List of summaries of studies dealing with this.
    Entrez PubMed
    Last edited by twitchy; February 12th, 2007 at 01:53 PM.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

From Twitchy's link.

You weren't kidding. Maybe if more people knew this, there'd be less demand for implants. But probably not.

Good lord, that article was alarming. However, there are always possible complications of any PS procedure, or any medical procedure for that matter. I've had my implants for 12 years & haven't had a bit of trouble but I know that they don't last forever. I'm probably due for one to break or something, & then I'll have to decide what to do.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I cannot for the life of me comprehend why ANYONE, taking a look at these pages, would ever want to get breast implants. The more I read these real people's stories, the more it seems like a crazy nightmare that one would pay to mutilate themselves like that. And i think the problems are a hell of a lot more common than they say. The risk is just not worth it. The big company sharks are selling their fucking defective plastics and we eat it up like little hungry idiots... My god, it is shocking that so many people are fooled at the same time into thinking this is any kind of a good idea...

Wow, it's a heck of a day. I've been told in one thread that I'm not worthy of respect & I'm a self-mutilating fool in another. Maybe I should just call it a day!

No offence or anything, it's not personal, but I am very shook up from all those websites and all those facts. It breaks my heart that people are massively brainwashed by major corporations so they can make millions of dollars off of the pain and suffering of millions of people... I hated the whole concept of implants before, but now I have so many more words for it and so much more hatred of it... Not for the people, but for the whole ugly nasty sham. I feel so sad for the people that have become sick and will become sick and will die and no one will ever recognise what it was that killed them. It doesn't matter if it's a million women who suffer or ten. It is stil despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Wow, it's a heck of a day. I've been told in one thread that I'm not worthy of respect & I'm a self-mutilating fool in another. Maybe I should just call it a day!
    Aw, I'm sorry you're having a bad day. You're one of the nicest posters on here.

Why thank you! My implants make me a little crazy sometimes, but that's to be expected

We all get a little crazy, implants or no!

I was curious if you're doctor told you would have to replace them after a certain number of years? Or do they last a lifetime? I have one friend who had a lot of problems, then my SIL has had no problems. She's had hers for over ten years.

I honestly don't remember what my doctor said, other than they come with a lifetime warranty, and that if they rupture, I get news ones free. This doesn't count the surgery cost to replace them. But around the 10 year mark, I heard that they didn't have a lifetime expectancy of over 10 years, so I started looking things up on the internet. I think that I'm not supposed to be surprised if they rupture, since it's been 10 years. I quit worrying about it a year ago, and now I've forgotten what I looked up I'm like, well if it happens, it happens, and I'll decide what to do at that time.

Yeah, I wouldn't dwell on it either. My SIL isn't concered. She didn't even tell my brother that they were fakes well into a year of their relationship. They're very natural. He seems to appreciate them!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Word. (Sorry, late to the thread)

Good lord, that article was alarming. However, there are always possible complications of any PS procedure, or any medical procedure for that matter. I've had my implants for 12 years & haven't had a bit of trouble but I know that they don't last forever. I'm probably due for one to break or something, & then I'll have to decide what to do.
    Lobes, on the 23rd of this month mine will be 18 years and there were/are NO problems at all. Ever.

I don't doubt this stuff happens, but it is far.more.rare.

Its pointless fighting this one out i suppose, most ppl seek out information to verify their own opinion, they never post the stuff that contradicts it. So we can go on forever!
    PS: all those articles were about SALINE implants - not silicone - the water inside becomes mouldy and bacteria filled because theyre inflated at the operating table - infection seeps in.
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

I think it's great that you're open about having had PS Lobelia-people are too quick to judge others' personal choices, even when they're not hurting anyone, and I guess the Internet makes it even easier.

I am not trying to judge a person here... I don't know any of you. I don't care what you do with your lives, although general human mishap generally makes me sad. I am however quick to judge the immorality of the major corporations and the slimy so called doctors who kill and maime people daily, promising things that never happen, only to take people's money, not caring about the suffering and pain they leave behind. I don't care if it is extremely rare or a lot more common than you think. Even if one person has had these problems, then it is enough to condemn them (and obviously it is a lot more people than that. I guess some of you also don't want to look at the bad side). PlasticGirl, silicone is even worse than saline. It always eventually ruptures or bleeds poison slowly into your body. It may not be a problem now, but I think people should look into the long term issues. In any case, there is no way a woman with implants won't have to get more surgeries somewhere down the line, and to put yourself in that situation voluntarily over two wads of flesh is unthinkable to me, as I do believe that once you get fake breasts, you BECOME the fake breasts over yourself. Hopefully one day they will conduct more thorough investigations on these time bombs and the truth will be uncovered about how bad they are exactly. And hopefully one day people will laugh at our current society's madness and obsession.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. February 7th, 2007, 12:40 AM

Thread Information