Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 273

Thread: Why is plastic surgery so frowned upon?

  1. #166
    Silver Member mammabear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The Buckeye State
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Not sure if this point has been posted...not enough attention span to read after catching up on the ANS thread . I think PS is fine if that is what you want to do with your body and money. If I had the extra dough I would put everything back to where it was before I had kids.(ie...boobs alittle higher, maybe smaller and the weird skin bag I seem to have on my belly removed ) What I cannot stand is people who have obviously(sp?) had work done and claim it is all natural. (That includes fillers and botox) That is what gets me. I would much rather someone be straight with you and say yep, I had my boobs done rather than "I went through a really fast growth spurt" ala Linds and britbrit
    Come on you guys, enough already. Let's ALL go and fuck ourselves for a few minutes and return to the thread refreshed and relaxed. Gossip Rocks poster A*O

  2. #167
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    11,682

    Default

    You have made some good points January, but I think in this day and age it's actually the reverse in many instances.

    For example there are hordes of males nowadays who are only attracted to females who are a size 0 or 2. They love small breasts and no ass, and they will not give the time of day to a more buxom woman. They have been conditioned by society to value that look and it's going to last awhile because of the fashion world issue (sample sizes) and the drug problem in that industry.

    Also, a lot of men prefer really small women for various reasons like (1) it makes them look bigger physically, (2) they are more easily controlled/dominated and (3) they have the impression that small women have smaller vaginas. <Some of these were told to me personally and some of this information is a part of domestic violence volunteer education and training.

    The issue is actually much more complex than simply about big boobs.

  3. #168
    La vie en rose DitaPage*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    37,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mammabear View Post
    What I cannot stand is people who have obviously(sp?) had work done and claim it is all natural. (That includes fillers and botox) That is what gets me. I would much rather someone be straight with you and say yep, I had my boobs done rather than "I went through a really fast growth spurt" ala Linds and britbrit
    Couldn't agree more and thats my issue as well. I have no problem with people having plastic surgery but when they say they are natural, it irritates me. I respect people who have surgery and are honest and open about it.

  4. #169
    Elite Member january's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    You have made some good points January, but I think in this day and age it's actually the reverse in many instances.

    For example there are hordes of males nowadays who are only attracted to females who are a size 0 or 2. They love small breasts and no ass, and they will not give the time of day to a more buxom woman. They have been conditioned by society to value that look and it's going to last awhile because of the fashion world issue (sample sizes) and the drug problem in that industry.

    Also, a lot of men prefer really small women for various reasons like (1) it makes them look bigger physically, (2) they are more easily controlled/dominated and (3) they have the impression that small women have smaller vaginas. <Some of these were told to me personally and some of this information is a part of domestic violence volunteer education and training.

    The issue is actually much more complex than simply about big boobs.
    Tis true, Mira. I've always respected you and I hope I didn't come across the wrong way, since i know this is a divisive issue. I just have a niece who is very susceptible to media images, and I'm very worried about her. What you say is correct, and I think this contributes to the reason why so many women nowadays also have eating disorders. My niece says she wants the "perfect body" - which in her mind is super skinny with huge breasts. She gets fed these images from the magazines. I tell her that usually women who are super-skinny like a rail do not have huge boobs, its a one in a million shot. She doesn't understand that the women she's looking at have breast implants, she thinks its a healthy image to strive to be. She won't, because she's thin with a pear-shaped body. She looks great, but in her mind she's fug! Its really quite unbelievable. I have had to watch her lately because she's not eating because she wants to get rid of her "huge ass." I think that the culture we live in is so backwards, that we idealize an unattainable image which is not in its natural form. If you naturally have that body, thats great. If you have small breasts, its great. I just want to see real women celebrated more, a real healthy natural woman.

  5. #170
    Elite Member cheray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Savannah, GA, USA
    Posts
    2,866

    Default

    If men are so stupid to believe that smaller women have smaller womens parts...ok...vaginas then, is that why so many guys marry asian women? Small men dont always have small appendages. And Im sure large women are "neat and tidy" in that area. God why cant I say these things out loud. Vagina vagina vagina......there I did it.

  6. #171
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    On the issue of health concerning boob implants, when the silicon ones rupture and you have the silicon goo swimming around your ribcage, thats when the health issues kick in..

    Regular implants, if unruptured, dont really do much to you.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  7. #172
    Elite Member twitchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dancing on your grave!!!!
    Posts
    9,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Regular implants, if unruptured, dont really do much to you.
    IF unruptured. Since they are a breeding ground for bacteria, moulds and fungus, however, a rupture or leak can have devastating health consequences. Some of those things are totally black when removed.

    "The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

  8. #173
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    Yeah, not to mention all your organs covered in a sticky slime of silicon, which destroys your immune system and joint cartilage...
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  9. #174
    Elite Member Picara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    IF unruptured. Since they are a breeding ground for bacteria, moulds and fungus, however, a rupture or leak can have devastating health consequences. Some of those things are totally black when removed.
    Ew, really? I've only seen a removed one on CSI. The stripper had implants. It was clean, but that's probably just television.

  10. #175
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    11,682

    Default

    Males can be completely clueless about womens' bodies. High school, of course, you wouldn't expect them to be very well informed (esp. when I went )

    I'm reminded of this guy in high school in "Sex Education" (which lasted all of one week where the guys were brought in to our Home Ec class - do they freaking even HAVE "Home Ec" anymore?!). He asked "so how often do girls go into heat"? We're still teasing him about that one at class reunions- "how often does your wife go into heat", etc.

  11. #176
    Elite Member crumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!
    Posts
    7,751

    Default

    January:
    You still never explained how it is any less vain for a woman to want a wrinkle free face, fuller lips, etc. You are entitled to your opinion even if it makes no sense logically whatsoever. You claim that breast implants send the wrong message about standards of beauty for women but really fail to explain how other procedures don't do the same. For example, grey hair and facial lines are still considered by many to make a man look distinguished while aging a woman, and youth is valued more highly in women than men. So is thinness, but you don't gripe ad nauseum about face lifts, brow lifts, lipo, etc, all of which are designed every bit as much as implants to help women attain some type of physical ideal (thin, young looking) whether it be their own personal ideal of beauty or that of society at large.

  12. #177
    Elite Member Lobelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    a backwards hillbilly state
    Posts
    20,801

    Default

    What kills me are these procedures to modify a woman's labia. I mean, come ON.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

    Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

  13. #178
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    11,682

    Default

    Thanks for bringing up the grey hair issue. My father's side of the family is all grey at a very young age (my grandmother age 20). I've had grey hair since I was 32 years old. Twice I have tried to let it grow it out, having seen women on whom it looks absolutely fantastic.

    Having grey hair in this society is tricky, it works for some women beautifully. Others not at all. I am looking forward to the day when I can leave hair color behind. Nowadays it seems that 90&#37; of women color their hair in some way. That's not a bad thing. But grey should be a way more acceptable color for younger women (forties) than it is. Far more women in their forties have grey hair than in decades past.

  14. #179
    Elite Member Picara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    What kills me are these procedures to modify a woman's labia. I mean, come ON.
    Especially when Dr. Rey is doing it. He is so pervy. I remember him calling one patients vagina cute. Gag.

  15. #180
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    I've said it before, but this idea that men only like a certain type of body/woman is just not borne out by fact. Sure, some immature jerks of all ages may insist any woman good enough for them must be of supermodel (read completely unnatural) status, but the reality is that men like women in all different shapes, sizes and colours.

    Any woman who gets PS to please some man is suffering from low self esteem, IMO. A woman who gets PS to please herself is a different story altogether. That said, most of the women I see getting breast implants do NOT need them to look or feel better; they are trying to conform to an unrealistic idea of "beauty." The pornofication of our culture means that a lot of young girls think they have to look like porn stars with huge breasts and "perfect" bodies and faces. This is nonsense. NOBODY is perfect, absolutely nobody. I've sat next to a lot of famous beautiful people and most of them have flaws. In fact, flaws are what make most faces interesting and memorable, IMO.

    If a woman wants PS because she's had kids or has a big nose or has very tiny or very large breasts, more power to her. A little collagen after a certain age is OK, too, if it floats your boat. But the rest is just a sales job and a waste of money in most cases.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. February 7th, 2007, 12:40 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Would you consider this Plastic Surgery? (On Animals)
    By moomies in forum Pets and Animals
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: April 2nd, 2007, 01:09 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 26th, 2007, 02:42 AM
  3. Liv Tyler's no to plastic surgery
    By MaryJane in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 8th, 2006, 07:28 PM
  4. Plastic surgery for your vagina
    By buttmunch in forum Plastic Surgery
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: July 28th, 2006, 03:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •