Login to remove the ads!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Roger Taylor from Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by mtlebay View Post
    Yes, I should have finished writing my sentance as, "but I had to look up who was the 4th member 'cos I couldn't recognize him, LOL...". I totally remember him as the comfortably quiet member, comfortable in the shadows of Nick, John and Simon. If member serves me correctly, there was so much conflict between Andy and the rest of the band, they accepted they would never be able to work as a band again.
    Yeah, I like that too.
    I hate that I know this, but I think that Andy played with some of them at some point again as well. They've just been scarce as the original 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I couldn't afford jazz shoes ( la David S from Japan), I had various weird & wonderful shoes found/hand-me-downs/vintage, a pair of black suede 50 stilettos that when with my White satin 50s cut slip dress, lots of cut off pants(ankle length), oversized sweaters belted around the hips, and, yes, I had a grey fedora with a black band... I also had a French beret... I have photos..... Lol!
    Wow! Now, there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I went to see him perform when I was about 18.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    But did you wear fedora's and those ugly white jazz shoes???
    I did.

I had posters on every wall, on the ceiling and taped to the top of my dresser. A massive hail storm hit our town in 1986 and busted out all of our windows. My posters were ruined. In fact, some of them were two blocks away in the neighbor's yard.

I really don't think any of them aged very well. And I didn't know until recently that John had a major drug problem in the 80's. He was my favorite. I just knew I was gonna be his baby mama. LOL!
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

^^So awesome. LOVE IT. And hey, you weren't the only one!

I was so obsessed. I also loved Arcadia the Le Bon/Rhodes/Roger Taylor side project.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I was so obsessed. I also loved Arcadia the Le Bon/Rhodes/Roger Taylor side project.
    Me, too!! But I remember how much I loved it when they put the old band back together and did "No Ordinary World". That reminds me of moving to Miami Beach. My boyfriend got me the DVD of their videos for Xmas a few years ago. I was pissed because there are some things missing from the original "video" I had in the 80's. Mainly "Waiting for the Nightboat". I loved that video.

Angelias!! You had the shoes and the fedora!! LOVE it! I'm betting the neighbors knew where the posters came from!!!

Yeah it was traumatic losing most of my posters. Do you know how many Tiger Beat and Bop magazines I had to buy to get all of those?

Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Wow! Now, there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I went to see him perform when I was about 18.
    Oh man! Now that I'm envious of. They never played near us, but then again by 18 I was seeing people like Psychodelic Furs & stuff like that...?
    Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I think that I'd kind of moved on by then, but I think I'm a bit older, plus the music scene here was a little different possibly? My bf at 16-17 was friends with Steve Strange & the rest of the Blitz boys so I hear about a lot of new stuff very quickly, for example he saw Patsy Kensit sing there when she was 16...
    Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    Yeah it was traumatic losing most of my posters. Do you know how many Tiger Beat and Bop magazines I had to buy to get all of those?

Did you ever get New Styles New Sounds? It was sort of the forerunner of ID & The Face magazine... I found a load in the container recently.

Oh man! Now that I'm envious of. They never played near us, but then again by 18 I was seeing people like Psychodelic Furs & stuff like that...
    It was only David Sylvian (not Japan) so don't be too envious. This was the late 80's so Japan was gone for a while. Still, he was great. Sat on a stool in the middle of the stage for a while and played guitar. He was beautiful

It was only David Sylvian (not Japan) so don't be too envious. This was the late 80's so Japan was gone for a while. Still, he was great. Sat on a stool in the middle of the stage for a while and played guitar. He was beautiful
    Still not helping

I forgot about Japan! I loved them.

And my fedora was khaki with a white band

OoooOOO! Check YOU out Sith!

This thread makes my soul cry.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I couldn't afford jazz shoes ( la David S from Japan), I had various weird & wonderful shoes found/hand-me-downs/vintage, a pair of black suede 50 stilettos that when with my White satin 50s cut slip dress, lots of cut off pants(ankle length), oversized sweaters belted around the hips, and, yes, I had a grey fedora with a black band... I also had a French beret... I have photos..... Lol!
    Sounds like my sister's and mine's shared wardrobe!

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    This thread makes my soul cry.

Agreed. My first ever 'album' was Seven and the Ragged Tiger. I went to see them on the David Bowie tour, they opened along with the Georgia Satellites. I'd love to see them again. Some of those songs are embedded in my body.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

No, weep with sorrow for the poor music taste displayed in this thread.

Once went to a Duran Duran concert, watched OMD as the opening act and left.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information