Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Renee Zellweger's new face

Wow - all that surgery aged her
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

czb

she looks like a cross between glenn close and robin wright.

She looks like the Bride of Wildenstein who can barely move her face.

Elite Member

What a fool. She had this cute, crinkly, original looking face and she completely mucked it up. Now she looks like a plastic California Stepford Wife. She might as well apply for a Real Housewives series right now.

I had to find some before and afters...obviously she had her eyes done, is that enough to change her face so drastically? I mean, I don't think she looks totally plastic or anything, just looks nothing like her old self. Jennifer Grey's nose had the same effect. Is it just the eyes and the aging process with some weight loss? I dunno, the shape of her face looks different, and her skin looks a lot rougher, there's just a hardness about her that was never there before.

These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

OCD

Her eyebrow area looks super weird.

If you cover her nose and lips (in the new pics), her eye and forehead area looks a lot like Nicole Kidman to me

I think she has some filler or well placed cheek implants too. She probably would have been fine with botox.

Another thing to consider is that she hasn't been wearing much makeup lately. That might contribute in part to the foreign appearance.
    ikmccall likes this.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Bronze Member

she's been trending & taking a beating on twitter today. people are brutal!
    arie_skop likes this.

I may be the odd man out here but I think it stinks that social media is trending to make fun of her. I don't think she looks all that different. She is aging, things shift and change. About 5 years ago I saw a photo of her and didn't recognize her. Then a few weeks later there was another photo, from a different angle, and she looked like the Renee I recognized.
    BuffyKatniss likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

She tried to change something (surgery around the eyes is my bet) and it ended up giving her a Jennifer Grey effect. She's nearly unrecognizeable. And it's not an improvement, she's not younger-looking or more attractive, she just looks like a different person. Them's the shakes with ps on your face, you always run that risk.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

She really looks shockingly different to me, but I generally agree with you, Sluce. There is some shitty commentary out there.
    arie_skop likes this.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Bronze Member

i agree too, sluce. i actually clicked on her name thinking something had happened to her. when i saw a stream of demoralizing nonsense i ditched it. if i were her, i'd be horrified.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I may be the odd man out here but I think it stinks that social media is trending to make fun of her. I don't think she looks all that different. She is aging, things shift and change. About 5 years ago I saw a photo of her and didn't recognize her. Then a few weeks later there was another photo, from a different angle, and she looked like the Renee I recognized.
    I agree with your first sentence. Social media gives people misplaced courage in that they will say things they'd never say to a person face-to-face.

I disagree that she doesn't look different; saw a pic today and my brain said, "Who is that and why does she merit a mention on a news site?"

Think the the big thing is her eyes, and when my heavy lids get in the way of reading, I might go under the knife too.
    czb, arie_skop and JazzyGirl like this.

Renée Zellweger to PEOPLE: 'I'm Glad Folks Think I Look Different'

510SHARES

Enlarge

Renée Zellweger
    Steve Granitz/WireImage

By JD Heyman
    @jdheyman 10/22/2014 AT 12:10 AM EDT

Renée Zellweger has responded to Internet chatter about her appearance. In an exclusive statement to PEOPLE, the Oscar winner says she looks different because she is healthier and happier than ever – and she's fine with people taking notice.

"I'm glad folks think I look different! I'm living a different, happy, more fulfilling life, and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows," Zellweger, 45, says of the attention she received after an appearance at the Elle Women in Hollywood Awards in Beverly Hills on Monday.

Calling the conversation about her appearance "silly," she says she is choosing to address it because "it seems the folks who come digging around for some nefarious truth which doesn't exist won't get off my porch until I answer the door."

"My friends say that I look peaceful. I am healthy," Zellweger continues. "For a long time I wasn't doing such a good job with that. I took on a schedule that is not realistically sustainable and didn't allow for taking care of myself. Rather than stopping to recalibrate, I kept running until I was depleted and made bad choices about how to conceal the exhaustion. I was aware of the chaos and finally chose different things."

That healthier, slower-paced lifestyle – and her happy relationship with boyfriend Doyle Bramhall – helped her turn a corner. "I did work that allows for being still, making a home, loving someone, learning new things, growing as a creative person and finally growing into myself," she says.

Renée Zellweger (left) and Nanci Ryder at the Walk to Defeat ALS in Los Angeles
    Matt Sayles / Invision / AP

And if some people don't recognize the new Renée Zellweger, one thing they should understand is she's comfortable in her own skin.

"People don't know me in my 40s," says Zellweger, who prefers to lead a quiet life with Bramhall and a close circle of friends. Recently, she pitched in to help her pal and longtime publicist, Nanci Ryder, who is battling ALS, at the ALS Association Golden West Chapter's annual Walk to Defeat ALS in Los Angeles.

"People don't know me [as] healthy for a while," says Zellweger. "Perhaps I look different. Who doesn't as they get older?! Ha. But I am different. I'm happy."

Reese Witherspoon (left) and Renée Zellweger at the Walk to Defeat ALS in Los Angeles
    Matt Sayles / Invision / AP

Renee Zellweger Opens Up About Different Look : People.com
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information