Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Renee Zellweger's new face

A couple of good pics, old Renee then new. I would guess no brow lift, but definite eye work. It's minimal and maybe she just thought her eyes were getting TOO hooded due to aging, but you can't underestimate the effect of changing your eyes. They're the most important part of your face. Kenny Rogers aside, I can't think of anyone whose upper eye work/eyelid reduction looks good. Cindy Crawford and Tori Amos are egregious examples of beautiful women who did (far as I can tell) nothing at all to the lower halves of their faces, but their eye work effectively ruined their looks. Renee's isn't that bad, but she looks weird and I agree, not much like herself anymore.

Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

She doesn't even look like she got eyelids there, she just looks wide-eyed and freaky. I don't think she looks better.
    JazzyGirl, dowcat and Beeyotch like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Elite Member

I think she was adorable before. Now she looks kind of generic. It's not just the eyes. Her face shape looks different. Cheek implants?

This is definitely a Jennifer Grey situation. She took the character out of her face and is unrecognizable. She looks like someone else and I can't pinpoint who it is.

The second photo is such a crumby photo of her, the makeup is minimal, the hair looks like crap, odd expression (smirk) and she's probably 10 years younger in the first photo. I would like to see her all dolled up and then make my decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Truthfully, I don't think she looks bad. Back when the eyes had the heavy lid people commented that she should have something done about it. She looks different, but I don't think it's bad work, and if her heavy upper lids were making it hard for her to see - and it does for some people - then I can see why she would want to get it done.
    Agreed. I think people are reacting to the fact that it wound up being so type-changing - but she wanted to lose the heavy lids that get heavier with age.

It's throwing me that changing the eyes wound up changing the appearance of her nose.

Anyhow it's years off her face.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Gold Member

Whatever she's had done, she definitely looks older rather than younger. I don't understand why she isn't wearing more makeup -- false eyelashes or eyeliner to make her eyes stand out, some color on her lips so she doesn't look so washed out, and maybe more color on her cheeks, too. I love her outfit, though, and I've always liked her.

My first thought reading the article was to wonder how those fans even recognized her!!
    Fran likes this.
    It's really human of you to listen to all my bullshit.

Her eye work is an improvement (IMO) but her mouth is so distracting. It looks so tight, like she can't open it. Made me wonder if she has scleroderma or something. It might explain the periods she has gone through a very chubby face as well (from steroid use). It's probably unlikely but there's something about that mouth...weird.

She always presses her mouth like that. Then she has a hole in the middle where her lips don't touch, so you can see her teeth. I think she looks better, her squinty eyes were too harsh. It always looked like she closed them on purpose, like Taylor Squint.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

She still looks like a cat-lady to me. Beginning of a Wildenstein look.

Gold Member

I think the eyes are an improvement-some people actually start losing vision when the lids get so heavy. She always looks like she's either smirking or biting a lemon.

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/26/71/50.../3/628x471.jpg

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/R...pLNSPu-qFl.jpg

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/ln/...of_4104589.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/A...HSqaJXb8Nl.jpg

Amber Riley, Kathy Griffin, Lou Adler and Renée Zellweger at Davies Symphony Hall

Amber Riley, Kathy Griffin, Lou Adler and Renée Zellweger - Benefit for Painted Turtle: A Starry Evening of Music Comedy, and Surprises - San Francisco, California, United States - Tuesday 11th March 2014

Still unrecognizable
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

fgg

yikes!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Waxy as ever.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I wouldn't recognize her on the street.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information