Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plastic Surgery Makeovers - Before and Afters

Default Re: Plastic Surgery Makeovers - Before and Afters

I am half/half on this one. Some of the women look so much better but some of the veneer jobs look too fake.

Quote Originally Posted by thrpschr
    The way they changed the tacky goth chick made me a bit sad, though - I don't know how much input she had, of course, but everybody look the same in the after pics, so I assume that they don't really take people's personal taste into account much. It'd be so much nicer if they did, and gave people a look and style and that was more of an updated version of their own.
    I know, I remember watching that, and thinking how awful it was that she was doing that so she could "fit in". I mean, I know that most extreme fashions tend to be all about appearance too, but it's so imagecentric, it's sickening

But that's really the essence of these shows, and the deep current of superficial popular thinking these days. It sends out a message that your body is wrong and bad, and your sole objective should be to please everyone else, even if it means going through painful, expensive surgeries. I understand how hard it can be to look different and "ugly" according to popular standards, but no one should let that pressure get to them, it only extends that mindset further.

Plus, if people care so much about how "ugly" you are, it's THEIR problem. Not yours. It's what the people featured on shows like these can't seem to get. Save yourselves the pain, degradation and exposure, and get thyself to a therapist to help you understand that! Jesus H.
    2 years...

I do agree with you, Nawdle. I have to say that I want a tummy tuck not to bare it with a shirt that is too short but so I can buy a decent size pants! I hate not being about to wear the correct size, that I have to buy one size bigger and it looks too big because my stomach has too much excess skin and fat. What I have I can't get rid off except for surgery. The crunches aren't doing anything. Anyhoo, that is why I want it. For me, not for what other people think. It will make me feel better!

My profiling of you on the site has shown me you have a small percentage of body thetans. N Zouss approves.
    2 years...

One of the women's magazines did a feature a couple of years ago that took women who were in line for a "Swan/Extreme" type makeover and gave them regular makeovers instead, just hair, makeup, styling. There was such a huge improvement in all of them, and some even decided against the surgery. I couldn't even see what some of them would want done - with a lot of them, there was nothing wrong! Some women just could not be convinced though. They refused to believe that anything but drastic surgery could "fix" their lives.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Elite Member

I know, I remember watching that, and thinking how awful it was that she was doing that so she could "fit in". I mean, I know that most extreme fashions tend to be all about appearance too, but it's so imagecentric, it's sickening
    So she was bothered by sticking out and wanted to fit in? That's even sadder - it tends to be rare in those scenes, and when they get tired of it, most people don't find it that difficult to adapt their look to the mainstream without throwing their entire identity overboard.

I agree with Tati, I think many of these women would benefit more in the long run from less drastic "help", and help that was more about changing the way they think of themselves than changing their looks. That wouldn't make nearly as good entertainment, though, I expect...

Plus, if people care so much about how "ugly" you are, it's THEIR problem. Not yours. It's what the people featured on shows like these can't seem to get. Save yourselves the pain, degradation and exposure, and get thyself to a therapist to help you understand that! Jesus H.
    So true! Priorities seem to be sorely needed, as well - I can see how really rotten teeth can be a very real problem to someone, but I still have a hard time getting why bigger boobs would improve anybody's life and sense of self. I've had it out with an acquaintance who went from A-cups to large C-cups, partly government funded, and I still don't get it. Guess you can't understand everything.

Default Re: Pimp My Wife!

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy
    Oh dear Lord!!!! they performed miracles on that last woman! Yikes those teeth, those bangs..poor thing!

I agree. Plastic surgery can be such a vain thing to do. But for a person born with some deformity it's like a miracle. I'm really happy for people who are helped and feel good about themselves.

How did their teeth get so bad? I count myself lucky that all of my teeth are straight, save one, which is only slightly crooked...stupid wisdom teeth crowded it out. Also, Rembrandt Whitening people! It's a good investment, found at your drugstore, and it lasts for months.

AyanEva

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny
    When I get my tummy tuck, I will have to post my before and after pics on here. It is gonna take alot work for my tummy to be good again. After 4 very large babies and my skin doesn't have the best elasticity, plus I am not that big a person, it will be pretty cool to see how good of a job the doc can do.
    My cousin gave birth to 2 babies both over 8lbs. She went absolutely huge, especially considering she's only a tiny thing herself. She had a tummy tuck on the NHS but was told she shouldn't have any more kids after it. So what does she go and do? Get a tummy tuck, have a nice flat tummy (well almost) with no big sagging flab, get pregnant, give birth, wait until that babies just 4 months old so your stomach hasn't even gotten back to normal and get pregnant again!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Re: Pimp My Wife!

Quote Originally Posted by bella
    I always wonder what they look like a week later when the roots have started showing through, the tans worn off, the extensions are getting natty and they are back to their normals lives!
    My thoughts exactly. If there was absolutely no grooming before (heck, some of those women don't even know what a toothbrush is), there certainly will be no maitenance afterwards.

Some of the transformations are outstanding!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moomies
    The last 2 ladies had some messed up teeth.
    I remember watching that episode of Extreme Makeover; the 2 were sisters who had been born with cleft lips, and had already undergone several reconstructive surgeries before going on the show. I'm not sure, but I believe the condition of their teeth had a lot to do with their deformity.

the last one is WOW. but c'mon! in the "before" pics they ALL look like they've never taken care of themselves, maybe even didn't look in the mirror. i mean, if they continue to do nothing after PS, eventually, they'll go back to their "before".

i wonder if their families even recognize them after the surgery....none of them look even close to what they looked like before....and how the hell do you get teeth like those last 2??

Jesus Mary and Joseph! If I were Religious I would say they were damned MIRACLES!

Praise PS and the makeup Gods!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information