Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Natalie Portman's plastic surgery

Looking at her makes my heart ache, that's how beautiful she is.

Not sure about her ps. I've voted nosejob before, but I'm not sure. Her nose does look very different depending on her facial expression.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

^^ I'm not sure either. It almost looks more like she did something to her lips or teeth, which makes that general area of her face look different. The nose does look a little smaller, but it's the exact same shape, and I can't see why she would bother or take the risk. I'm not saying she's above it - her lips do look different to me.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Like many others here, I'm baffled by why Natalie seems so "different". I especially noticed the change on a Vogue cover she did where she poses on the beach with leis around her neck - her nose seemed almost non-existent and looked so pinched. She's still very pretty but not in the way she was when she was a teenager - her facial proportions have changed and she looks so much more generic now. It could just be that she "grew up" but I definitely wouldn't rule out an ill-advised trip to the surgeon. Constantly being under public scrutiny must be a lot of pressure even for someone who is frequently praised for her looks.
    "Facts are the enemy of truth."
    - Miguel Cervantes, "Don Quixote"

Bronze Member

Anybody who is in movies is going to be subject to minute scrutiny and pressure for tweaks.

By the time you're in a close-up on a big screen, your head is, like, what? 3 stories high? (making it up, but you get the idea). Your nose would be like 6 feet high, or something.

I'm not sure who all are behind the pressure -- agents? Studio executives? Something involving committees, no doubt. They're usually behind any kind of regression to the mean and undistinguished.

Why aren't people allowed to appreciate their original, splendid, noble and unapologetic noses? What in the name of all that's unholy would today's studio system plus today's surgical techniques have done to Audrey Hepburn, for example?

Natalie Portman's nose totally made her face what it was. And then she had her nose done. It looks pinched, and the middle of her face now has this blank look where the rest of the nose should go. Probably done with relatively conservative suture techniques, but the bridge looks like it got narrowed as well.

If your head is 3 stories high and your nose is 6 feet high, wouldn't whittling the nose away to a much smaller size still look ridiculous on a 3 stories high head? It's all about proportion. And I don't think she has it anymore. Plus, when a talented actor does it, it's even worse. They have the goods to back up an ugly face, if need be, so why mess with a great face?? All I am interested in is talent. Not all actors need to have the same face or to look attractive. That is simply ridiculous.

Sometimes tiny imperfections in an otherwise perfect face define beauty:

Natalie's face was much more intriguing when her lower lip was a bit bigger than her upper lip, and when her nose was a little wider.

Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

^^ I completely agree. It's the quirks that make us who we are.

She's still drop dead gorgeous, but it's a shame anyway.
    -Bugdoll-

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

*ewjoihenoint* i farted

She had a nose job, and this is hilarious that this discussion has gone on for this long!! You all have endurance, but she clearly has had one done. The tip of her nose is much smaller.

I see a nose job for sure. Her lips seem much thinner, but I highly doubt she'd have surgery to make them that way.
    President Barack Obama
    Sounds amazing, doesn't it?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread Information