Login to remove the ads!
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Korean stars' PS before and after

SVZ

Japanese plastic surgery is more about Wesernization (Generalization of course)...I've looked at some of their plastic surgeon websites and a lot of the "afters" either look Caucasian or Latino.

Korean surgery (Believe it or not) is actually more about preserving Asian features...while a high defined nose and creased eyelids can be seen as western features...their standard of beauty is different...a lot of asians have creases naturally, and the ones resulting from surgery in Korea are almost unnoticeable

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ and looking doll-like perhaps? you know; big round eyes, rounded features and face, youthful-ness...

SVZ

yup...a sign of beauty is if you can hide your face behind a CD lol....they prefer very small jaws and lips...small defined noses, big bright eyes, natural eyebrows....even eye bags are considered cute

well i think they're all cute, could be airbrushing, but their skin is emmaculate as well ho-hum

Surgery for some beauty queens and contestants in Korea have been de rigeur for some time now.

Miss Korea 2000's Kim Sa Rang (nose done at least once and had eyelid surgery.)

Miss Korea 2000's 2nd runner-up, Park Shi Yeon (eyes and obviously the nose.)

Before

The 'after' pic is on your left while the 'before' pic is on your right.

Miss Korea 2000's 3rd runner-up, Son Tae Young (eyes)

Before

After

Miss Korea 2007's Lee Ha Nui (Honey Lee) is regarded as the most beautiful Miss Korea ever. There is speculation she did her eyes. It could simply be make-up with an added eye opening technique using a special glue but, mind you, you never know.

Lee Ha Nui without make-up and then with

Miss Korea 2008's Lee Ji Sun was rumored to have her nose done.

It's nearly impossible to tell here...

Or here

However, her sniffer looks rather suspicious, no?

It is also rumored the most recent Miss Korea 2009's Na Ri had her nose done, too.

Before and After
    Rock the fuck on!

they need to stop fucking with their noses, half of them are Jacko territory
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^ agreed. sometimes you don't realize what you got though compared to most of the world.

damn asians and their perfect skin!

I am like 3 years late into this thread, but all I have to say is that I have always found it unfortunate that so many people of Asian decent, want to have eye lid surgery.

Asian eyes are beautiful! There is NOTHING wrong with them. Besides subscribing to some fucked up Western belief that round eyes are better, I just cannot understand why would someone want to deliberately erase what is a genetic marker of their ethnic group.

Asian eyes and faces are beautiful and unique.

ps. When these people have children, their children will be born with Asian eyes (esp if the other parent is of Asian decent). duh.

-signed, Non Asian person.
    Last edited by simonetvc; May 7th, 2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by simonetvc View Post
    I am like 3 years late into this thread, but all I have to say is that I have always found it unfortunate that so many people of Asian decent, want to have eye lid surgery.

Asian eyes are beautiful! There is NOTHING wrong with them. Besides subscribing to some fucked up Western belief that round eyes are better, I just cannot understand why would someone want to deliberately erase what is a genetic marker of their ethnic group.

Asian eyes and faces are beautiful and unique.

ps. When these people have children, their children will be born with Asian eyes (esp if the other parent is of Asian decent). duh.

-signed, Non Asian person.
    Great post! And you're right. There's nothing wrong with Asian eyes. And you know what's sad? That there are people making others feel less than beautiful over a feature they were born with. I also have to re-iterate from earlier posts that although a small minority of Asians get eyelid surgery to look Westernized, the rest of the Asians who have this procedure want to look like their fellow Asians with natural double lids.
    Rock the fuck on!

This young actor had a subtle nose job. The slight hump was removed.

Rock the fuck on!

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    It's sad when one embraces the look and culture of another so much, they find their culture's genetics sub par. .
    RIIIIGHT!! what's sad is that you are incredibly biased and one sided and dont even realize it.

If they were meant to have caucasian features they would have been born caucasian

just like if caucasians were meant to have smaller noses, bigger lips and tanned skin then they wouldve been born that way?

not being born with a certain type of physical feature hasnt stopped white people from chopping away their noses, pumping up their lips/ass, along with fanatical obsession with darkening their skin. how come white people feel like their natural nose, natural thin lips, natural pale skin and natural butt shape are sub-par?
    white people get the most plastic surgery out of any other race.

it goes both ways stop being a eurocentric bigot.

^ FYI, RevellingInSane is a BLACK woman. Do your research, becky.

I would think she sees people in her culture trying to fit in with the dominant white culture as well. Her post was probably in reference to that.

I think you misunderstood her post because you ASSUMED she was a white person. So who is the one who is actually biased and one sided?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    ^ FYI, RevellingInSane is a BLACK woman. Do your research, becky.
    FYI being black doesnt mean you are immune to eurocentric bigotry. you do know that dont you?
    just like me being white doesnt make me oblivious to psuedo deeply embedded eurocentric commentary.

I would think she sees people in her culture trying to fit in with the dominant white culture as well. Her post was probably in reference to that.
    which is exactly the problem. white culture has conditioned both whites and minorities to see through a eurocentric lens.

when she sees someone of her own race get a nose job its "oh what a shame sista, u need to embrace your black roots and stop trying to be something youre not" however when she sees white people get nose jobs, lip jobs, skin jobs lleft n right. there are no "racial shame" labels.

how come ethnic minorities are only considered "proud of their race" (by both whites and members of their own race) when they remain completely natural? and yet this same kind of rule is not enforced or followed in the white community?
    that is social bias.

white ppl who nip and tuck themselves from head to toe are judged MUCH differently and less harshly by society than minorities who nip and tuck themselves. thats the social fact.

I think you misunderstood her post because you ASSUMED she was a white person. So who is the one who is actually biased and one sided?
    where did i assume she was white? my post applies no matter WHAT race she is.

I know plenty about white dominance and how it effects minority groups. It was my concentration for my sociology degree. I don't need you as my teacher, thank you. So go elsewhere for your lectures.

Oh, and you better watch youself. You are breaking board rules by insulting members. You also have no proof that RI is a eurocentric bigot and you sure as hell don't know shit about her considering you have 7 posts on this forum.

Good luck, but I have a feeling you won't be around much longer!!!

ETA: Instead of going back and editing your two last posts, why don't you add "ETA" or create a new post after you get a reply???

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    I know plenty about white dominance and how it effects minority groups. It was my concentration for my sociology degree. I don't need you as my teacher, thank you. So go elsewhere for your lectures.
    which school did you graduate from? did you do something illegal to obtain your degree? did you skip class everyday? you need to get your money back because they didnt teach you anything

if this is your area of study and the "concentration" for your degree then you wouldnt have made the assumption that i thought she was white (because you would know that what i said is applicable to all races not just white)

as you said: "do your research becky"

You also have no proof that RI is a eurocentric bigot

the comments alone is enough proof.
    what kind of proof do you need to show that someone is a eurocentric bigot other than mere justification of their words? u want scientific data? a controlled lab test? lol! the proof is there. stop trying to ignore it.

besides i didnt say she is a bad person , all i made was an observation in response to her commentary -i pointed out that she practices eurocentric bigotry and im certainly not insulting the sky for pointing out that it is blue.

ETA: Instead of going back and editing your two last posts, why don't you add "ETA" or create a new post after you get a reply???
    lol! whats your point?
    the only edit i made was to enhance some words in bold to drill in my points to people who make unstable presumptuous comments such as the ones you have made. no words were changed. what is your point? to what point would adding a "ETA" serve? absolutely nothing.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information