Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Korean stars' PS before and after

He looks Spanish in some of those photos.

Wow some amazing transformations the doctors are skillful!

I think it is sad in a way though when some (and I stress some) people strive to have caucasian features. When my bf and I were in Japan we were chased about because we are naturally fair with blonde hair and blue eyes, it was odd to get attention for your genetics. He was even interviewed on tv by some random reporter in the street on how he looked and did he feel lucky to be tall and fair! It was the most bizzare thing ever!

As a woman I got some odd attention as im very pale and I got asked if I would sell my hair :S.

I find asian looks really exotic and beautiful, I suppose we always want what we cannot have!

Saying that some people may just want surgery for themselves, all societies have idealized notions of beauty. Each to their own.

i just found this video on youtube... i have no idea what this girl did but it looks painful.

[YOUTUBE]Korean girl plastic surgery - before and after pictures - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

Korean girl plastic surgery - before and after pictures - YouTube
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

i dont think these people are trying to look "western". i think they seek doll-like features. big eyes, narrow face, cute nose, and what not. dolls are manufactured to be cute and pretty, no one wants to buy a doll with a pig nose and tiny slanted eyes. even caucasian stars pile on the eye make up to "open them up".

this is the same reason why we find babies cute, big eyes and a button nose. babies have huge eyes compared to their tiny face.

honestly... can you really BLAME these asians posted here on getting work done? most of them have the most unfortunate facial features.

^ fun
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by district View Post
    i dont think these people are trying to look "western". i think they seek doll-like features. big eyes, narrow face, cute nose, and what not. dolls are manufactured to be cute and pretty, no one wants to buy a doll with a pig nose and tiny slanted eyes. even caucasian stars pile on the eye make up to "open them up".

this is the same reason why we find babies cute, big eyes and a button nose. babies have huge eyes compared to their tiny face.

honestly... can you really BLAME these asians posted here on getting work done? most of them have the most unfortunate facial features.

I swear that this post could have been worded so much better if you'd tried.

Quote Originally Posted by ann kittenplan View Post
    The one surgery which I still find baffling is the one on lower eyelids, to create those mini lower eyebags.

BTW, I think other reasons for that flawless skin look (besides diet and genetics) include complex skincare routines emphasizing hydration (e.g. with sheet masks). Many women I know spend an incredible amount of time on their skin each day (note that Korean fashion doesn't typically involve a lot of 'fancy' makeup like blush/bronzer/eyeshadow, so the time you'd spend doing your eye makeup gets put into the complexion). Also, the ready accessibility of lasers for skincare. In the US, lasers and IPL are a luxury, but in Seoul it seems like every dermatologist/neighborhood skin clinic has their own laser - and there are a LOT of clinics - priced to the middle classes. Also also, saunas are a major part of Korean culture. And let's not forget the great cosmetics!
    Welcome AnnKittenPlan!
    1. I love these threads with pictures of the actresses/etc from this part of Aisa (Japan/China/Korea), I find them very attractive and so very sorry that they feel pressured to have ps.
    2. I need to know more about the great cosmetics since the best foundation I found to match my skin tone was made by smashbox for Asian-Americans. I'm a black haired, blue eyed, pale skinned celt - as far from the targeted ethnicity as you can get but the color match was perfect.
    3. I'd love to know more about the good skin care. Maybe I should start a thread in health & beauty?
    Last edited by Novice; November 5th, 2011 at 07:37 AM.
    Free Charmed.

wow
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    i just found this video on youtube... i have no idea what this girl did but it looks painful.

[YOUTUBE]Korean girl plastic surgery - before and after pictures - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

Korean girl plastic surgery - before and after pictures - YouTube
    Stef, I've seen this a couple of times before and the young woman in question is definitely Chinese. Not that it matters anyway because the after result whether Chinese or Korean looks similar.

I don't think some of them look that bad to begin with. However, I'm Asian and I've never had plastic surgery and you can go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    wow
    Wow, indeed.
    Rock the fuck on!

Ummm..yeah I'd have to agree with Novice. This post is worded very badly and if not read carefully could cause a lot of people to be upset.

Being Asian myself I had to re-read this post a few times because I was about to flip out. I can kind of understand what you're saying. I don't think many of the people posted on here are very attractive before ps but while some of them look a bit better after ps, a lot of them turn out freakish looking. The part about pig noses and slanted eyes was really unnecessary though. I find it to be quite offensive. Although, I'm Asian, I don't have the slanted eyes but I've always wanted them. I find them to be very attractive and I think it's quite insulting that you would say that they are considered an unfortunate feature. I don't know if Asians get ps to look more Western but I know the Western standard of beauty is very popular in Asia. I don't care if people want to get ps to look better but I feel that the surgery Asians get is very generic. They all want the same look - big eyes, higher nose bridges, and smaller faces. They don't care whether it looks good with their other features or not, and they all turn out looking the same which is sad.

The well known car import models in Korea have done a lot of facial surgery mostly eyes and nose, of course.

Im Ji Hye before (She had her eyes done)

1st obvious nose job

Im Ji Hye's newer face with a 2nd nose job and possibly a 2nd eyelid surgery (Yes, she's the same girl as above.)

Lee Ji Woo

After -------------------------------Before (Her eyes and nose are still the same)

On your right, she had started having surgery on her eyes

Notice the eyes and new nose (she should've left well enough alone)

After (She reminds me of a doll now with those huge eyes and circle lenses and that pointy nose). She overdid it with the surgery.

Rock the fuck on!

Several pages back, I posted pictures of Korean beauty queens who've had plastic surgery. Here's Miss Korea 2012, Yumi Kim. As soon as she won the title, old photos of her were circulated online by a former high school peer.

Before

Here's a closer look of Yumi Kim's face before.

Yumi Kim did her surgery in stages. Here's where she's already had her eyes done and a possible nose job. (No jaw shaving yet.)

The final results: her eyes, nose, and jaw have changed.

After

Last edited by heart_leigh; October 19th, 2012 at 07:36 PM.
    Rock the fuck on!

They must have the best surgeons. You see fewer really messed up PS faces and some amazing transformations. It's kind of scary just how much these women change though. Is this amount of PS considered normal there or is there a stigma attached to it?
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

This is sad and unnecessary. The most beautiful woman I have ever seen of any race was Korean. She was just stunning. She was the mother of my son's friend but spoke no English so we just smiled & waved. She was a heart stopping beauty with no surgery ever.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by SuriCruise View Post
    They must have the best surgeons. You see fewer really messed up PS faces and some amazing transformations. It's kind of scary just how much these women change though. Is this amount of PS considered normal there or is there a stigma attached to it?
    To answer your question, I spoke to a Korean friend of mine and she had this to say. While it's not uncommon to have a lot of surgery done on the face whether it's eyelid surgery, nose jobs, jaw shavings, etc., the most requested procedure is double eyelid surgery.

Oddly enough, there isn't a lot of stigma attached to having eyelid surgery because it's so common there. She didn't mention anything about the stigma of having multiple procedures, though. However, according to my Korean friend, a lot of South Koreans are very obsessed with their appearance. And the ones who contemplate surgery, they are willing to do whatever it takes to look good.
    Rock the fuck on!

I don't think I would notice the PS. It's the TONS of makeup that makes all the difference.
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread Information