Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Korean stars' PS before and after

Actress Seo Woo (Definitely the eyes and probably the nose bridge)

Girl group singer, Uee, before. Note the eyelids.

Uee after

Regarding plastic surgery, this young Korean singer Goo Hara went on a show with other Korean stars and she said:

“This is the truth that I’m going to reveal for the first time. There is no female idol singers who will reveal such a thing.” She continued, “To say the truth if you are a female celebrity, you want to be called as beautiful by others. That was what I felt when I was young and I just made myself a little prettier.”

With that, the others around during the show had asked if she has undergone plastic surgery, she said, “I will not say that I didn’t” laughing.

She added, “Even though this is something I reveal here, the double eyelids, I have them since I was young. But our boss said my eyes looked dull in photos and hence we fixed it once.”

Our boss also said, ‘There is no need for the nose to be higher, we shall just go for one jab shot’” and Jang YeongRan asked, “Are you talking about fillers?” and Hara said, “Yes.

Goo Hara also said, “I only did my teeth”.

Following that gagwoman Kim HyoJin said, “Isn’t your eyes, nose and mouth the whole of your face?” causing laughter during the show.

Lastly, Goo Hara said, “I feel good inside after saying this out.”

Goo Hara when she was younger

A "mature-looking" Goo Hara at 19 (born January 13, 1991).

Rock the fuck on!

The bolded part is funny.. So if you don't have a nose bridge, They can make one with fillers?? I never knew that.
    Somebody blow Mel Gibson Already- Michael K

I think the plastic surgery phenomenon in korea/asia is really sad. They all are starting to look alike. They don't seem to value individuality or see the beauty in being unique. They all want the same look - double eyelids, big eyes and high nose bridge. I've heard that parents even have their kids get eyelid surgery when they are toddlers or pinch their children's nose bridge.

Actress Yang Mira before and after (eyes, nose, and possible jaw shaving.)

Singer Park Bom before

I suspect she had her nose done as it looks a bit odd here. I don't think she did her eyes just yet.

The most obvious: the eyes.

Rock the fuck on!

I think this is the most dramatic improvement I've seen so far.. She reminds me of Britney Murphey in the before pic.

Are you referring to actress Yang Mira?

There is a noticeable difference, yes.
    Rock the fuck on!

Yep! She looks like a different person! not that she was ugly before at all. She went from cute to gorgeous IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieCat View Post
    I think this is the most dramatic improvement I've seen so far.. She reminds me of Britney Murphey in the before pic.

How'd she get rid of those chubby cheeks? I think mine look similar to hers and would like to know

Quote Originally Posted by SillyME54 View Post
    How'd she get rid of those chubby cheeks? I think mine look similar to hers and would like to know
    It could be the jaw shaving I mentioned earlier or possible buccal fat removal (the fatty cheek area is hollowed out)
    Rock the fuck on!

Jaw shaving?! Oh my goodness! Sounds painful!

And I agree with SillyME54, they are starting to look alike...so boring and no uniqueness/individuality. What happened to natural beauty? Granted, these singers/actresses are all very pretty but I am not impress because they all went under the knife. Let's face it, if you have the money then you can be beautiful...well, except Tori Spelling haha

There's something about the 'standardizing' of these girls that makes me sad, just like the LA bobbleheads with their orange tans and bolt on tits. Variety is very appealing.

Silver Member

They can protest all they want, but all this plastic surgery is to look 'western' (that's the code word for white)

The 'western' look for decades has been standardized, made generic and marketed to the world be the most beautiful so a lot of Asians strive to be that way. From the double eyelid, to the avoidance of the sun (East Asians have the lowest Vit. D levels in the world) to look as white as they possibly can (some will say because to not look like you're poor as poor people work outdoors, maybe a long time ago, but that has changed, to looking 'western' just like views about tanning over here changed. At first, tanning was 'oh they are rich, they can afford to vacation a lot', but tanning is so common place, that no one thinks about it like that anymore) White=beautiful to them and they'll do anything to get that way. I think a lot of them end up looking like Sims characters and that's tre' creepy to me.

When you point it out, a lot of East/South Asians don't like it, but among themselves, they'll admit it. At least Indians are up front with their 'white is beautiful; dark is ugly' obsession. Though the skin bleaching has been proven to totally ruin your skin, that doesn't stop them. Anything to appear white.

I remember when 'Slumdog Millionaire' hit over here and A LOT of Indians here and in India were bemoaning the fact that Frieda Pinto was so 'dark and ugly' and why couldn't they get someone lighter to represent India. I thought it was horrible they way that poor girl got dogged. And yes, those are actual quotes from people. All around Asia, if you are not white, you are automatically ugly regardless of your actual facial features and you WILL be told so.

It's really really sad that people just can't be themselves and will basically massacre themselves from their self esteem to their looks to be something that they will NEVER be.

Pop singer Dasom (eyelid surgery)

Same person

Pop singer Ji Sook (very noticeable eyelid surgery)

Rock the fuck on!

Bronze Member

Love this thread! These transformations can be breathtaking.

I'm half-Korean, and I've actually checked out some beauty clinics in-person the last time I was in Korea This is just my take: not everyone gets surgery, of course, but it's still more common and less stigmatized than in the US. As Heart_Leigh said, there are areas like Apkujeong well-known for PS clinics, and you can sometimes see women/men in baseball caps and surgical masks (to hide bruising) doing the shopping. Anyway, yeah, they do amazing work.

Silicone nasal bridges are rather easy to spot IRL vs on photos - e.g. they get shiny in the cold. More doctors are beginning to use septal/ear cartilage for noses, but the silicone bridges provide a prefabricated 'perfect' result...anyway, I mention this as another reason why many stars look the same. (Silicone is also used in foreheads.) Eyelid surgery is a small operation which heals fast. Mandible (jaw, to create the V-line) is an obscenely major operation, but surprisingly not as rare as you'd think. The one surgery which I still find baffling is the one on lower eyelids, to create those mini lower eyebags.

Adding to some stuff mentioned earlier...a percentage of Koreans are born with the double lid - it's a naturally occurring phenotype in the population. Most of the results desirable after surgery (double lids, high nasal bridge, small face, etc) already and naturally exist in the population; my own personal take is that the majority of Koreans getting PS want to look more like these few. E.g. light skin used to signify that you didn't have to work outdoors, and as such was a marker of privilege - especially when you consider that Asians and Latinos are more susceptible to melasma (sun discoloration) than other ethnicities. Caucasians are more likely to get wrinkles from sun exposure, Asians get brown patches.

BTW, I think other reasons for that flawless skin look (besides diet and genetics) include complex skincare routines emphasizing hydration (e.g. with sheet masks). Many women I know spend an incredible amount of time on their skin each day (note that Korean fashion doesn't typically involve a lot of 'fancy' makeup like blush/bronzer/eyeshadow, so the time you'd spend doing your eye makeup gets put into the complexion). Also, the ready accessibility of lasers for skincare. In the US, lasers and IPL are a luxury, but in Seoul it seems like every dermatologist/neighborhood skin clinic has their own laser - and there are a LOT of clinics - priced to the middle classes. Also also, saunas are a major part of Korean culture. And let's not forget the great cosmetics!

Quote Originally Posted by heart_leigh View Post
    Korean pop singer Hwanee

He's the one on your left.

ahhh he's hot! I felt myself wiggle a little when I scrolled down

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread Information