Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'I've spent 226k on surgery but I still can't get a Hollywood part,' says Demi Moore

to be fair, she only spent about 60'000 on PS. the rest was for her personal trainers. damn tabloids! so misleading!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Ah yes, bitten by the adage that all actresses should be taught early, but never are.

"You are the most replaceable person in any production.'

There are at least 100 different attractive women just WAITING for your job...and a quarter of them could do it better than you.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I want to see Demi apply at Hooters and then get turned down. That would make me laugh just as much when I saw Beyonce flop.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    IMO she's not getting roles because she's too old for the "leading lady" roles and not talented enough for the substantial, more mature roles. After a certain age, you have to have the talent to back up your looks if you want to stay competitive in this industry, and Demi doesn't have it.
    That's right, the problem is that Demi doesnt have the talent to play demanding roles. Look at the likes of Dame Judi Dench, M Streep who are over 40 and still get good roles. Unlike Demi, these women havenot relied on PS to score movie roles.

When money can buy talent, Demi will have no problem buying roles. Terrifyingly, neither will Paris Hilton

I also thought of Judi Dench. The woman doesn't even pretend she doesn't have grey hair, never mind wrinkes, and she's still getting roles and awards.

So Demi cant stop whining and acknowledge she isnt a talented actress.

Quote Originally Posted by IheartParis View Post
    Gee Demi, I would guess that starring in shitty movies like "Striptease" don't really help the career either, eh?

Eh, im suprised she spent that much considering how foul her breast implants looked in this movie. I would of asked for a refund

Thumbs down

What's she complaining about, didn't she produce Austin Powers? She has a production company - put your $$$ where your mouth is, Demi.

I don't see Meryl Streep having a hard time getting roles. She hasn't had a complete make-over or plastic surgery (that anyone knows of). I guess it all boils down to talent.

Isn't this what JLo pulled a few years ago? Went to the press and bitched "there are no roles for Latinas!" She got the attention she wanted and was in a string of forgettable flops. Another one with a big mouth and no talent.

Gold Member

Jodie Foster is also 44. She seems to keep working and using her brains to produce.

Although comparing Demi to Jodie is like comparing a crack in the wall to the Grand Canyon.

Demi is a classic warning to all bimbos that rely on their looks. Once you hit 40 they start going and you had better have a mind to use. If you don't have a mind, then you are in for a hard couple of decades.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    IMO she's not getting roles because she's too old for the "leading lady" roles and not talented enough for the substantial, more mature roles. After a certain age, you have to have the talent to back up your looks if you want to stay competitive in this industry, and Demi doesn't have it.
    IAWTC...i feel for Demi but she was/is a star - not a character actress...Hollyweird is tough on actresses though...

please. look at meryl streep, shes amazing and can play so many roles.

demi moore isnt getting roles because perhaps she is not as talented of an actress.

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2007 View Post
    Jodie Foster is also 44. She seems to keep working and using her brains to produce.

Although comparing Demi to Jodie is like comparing a crack in the wall to the Grand Canyon.

Demi is a classic warning to all bimbos that rely on their looks. Once you hit 40 they start going and you had better have a mind to use. If you don't have a mind, then you are in for a hard couple of decades.
    I was just going to mention Jodie Foster, she's starring in another movie coming out

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ yep and i'm gonna see it! I think its a thinly veiled lesbian vigilante flick! the poster rocks!

Love the avatar and name WhateverLolaWants!!!!

Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with her age..but the fact that she isn't all tha talented?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information