Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I spent £20,000 on a new face to find a husband

I guess that any Arab here would have wanted to know what 'looking Arab' means - at least this is how I would have reacted if someone had said 'she looks Italian'.

Statements like this can lead very easily to misinterpretation, and therefore should not be used.

And discussing via PM is sure ok, as long as it is a mere clarification and doesn't turn into further personal attacks.

MJ.you have the fairest of points.......GR is fun.....not hateful

Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane View Post
    And discussing via PM is sure ok, as long as it is a mere clarification and doesn't turn into further personal attacks.
    I agree. PVTs are smart and can obviously lead to a lively chat, that's what they're for. And the solution always comes out clearly: ignore list or peace and love.
    Why don't we go back to the topic? Who cares about the Arabian thing? FF has stated she didn't want to be offensive, that's more than enough.
    IMO, this woman looks bettere but I don't see an extreme makeover. I usually see the "post surgery" pic at first, so you have no idea on how the person looked bedore and you're not infulenced.
    Later I go the "before pic" to see how much has changed. I don't really find this woman attractive, but if she sees herself attractive now, I think she made the best choice. More than physical, it's something about her mind and personality, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by waikiki View Post
    I agree. PVTs are smart and can obviously lead to a lively chat, that's what they're for. And the solution always comes out clearly: ignore list or peace and love.
    Why don't we go back to the topic? Who cares about the Arabian thing? FF has stated she didn't want to be offensive, that's more than enough.
    IMO, this woman looks bettere but I don't see an extreme makeover. I usually see the "post surgery" pic at first, so you have no idea on how the person looked bedore and you're not infulenced.
    Later I go the "before pic" to see how much has changed. I don't really find this woman attractive, but if she sees herself attractive now, I think she made the best choice. More than physical, it's something about her mind and personality, IMO.
    I see a banned from another site superstar uppa coming....yaya

Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane View Post
    I guess that any Arab here would have wanted to know what 'looking Arab' means - at least this is how I would have reacted if someone had said 'she looks Italian'.

Statements like this can lead very easily to misinterpretation, and therefore should not be used.

I thought the woman looked exotic, even after PS. I thought her PS was GREAT bc it maintained her middle-eastern exotic-like features as opposed to dulling them down or neutralizing them with a generic look as some facial PS tends to do. Her PS didnt copy "traditional beauty ideals" similiar to the below surgeon who specializes in maintaining "ethnic identities"

Dr. Anthony Griffin on Extreme Makeover

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    I want know if there's anything wrong with looking "Arab."
    I do too. I would also like to know WTF'ing hell is wrong with looking Arab or Iranian - with or without PS. Hmmmmmm????

Correct me if I'm wrong but the first time I looked at this photo and saw her name, I thought she was Iranian. Shahnaz is a fairly common Iranian name. She looks Iranian to me, NOT Arab.

And by the way, this woman looks fine now, even attractive. I know I'm in the minority on this but I don't care. I know a heck of a lot of Near Eastern, Middle Eastern and Central Asian people, and she's attractive. It's absolutely sickening that people would hold her to the same standards as some movie magazine or American standard of beauty which is questionable at best.

Let's not forget there are hordes of people in white America who are futt bugly and that fact has been highly noted for a very long time by the rest of the world.

Oh, and as if anyone gives an effing shite, her academic stuff that I found online is quite good. Women's studies, amongst other things.
    Last edited by Mira; April 4th, 2007 at 03:25 PM.

I loved that I have grey eyes and grey hair, and posted pics...and low and behold I'm wrong......not a lie...not a boast...I dont have green eyes....now ff, how are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    I loved that I have grey eyes and grey hair, and posted pics...and low and behold I'm wrong......not a lie...not a boast...I dont have green eyes....now ff, how are you?
    Your eyes looked so green in your pics though. As green as your avatar. Haha. Do they change color?

Im well and you? Although bored of sitting at home all day but its in the name of a renovation so I have to bare with it

Iranians are neither Arabs, nor middle-Eastern. They are Persians, and Iran is not in the middle East.

And Picara, you may not realize this, but when you take one mod on, you are taking us all on. "Bully" is a word I would use very carefully, particularly in defense of your friend who has no problem dishing it out, but will report as many seven posts at a time from people who respond. I think if people sling mud, they should expect a little to stick.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    Your eyes looked so green in your pics though. As green as your avatar. Haha. Do they change color?
    Ive always had mood eyes.....youve seen the pics....I was picked up by the police when I was younger for a dui -and apparently I might have been beligerant (I dunno what that means though)

I was in the drunk tank for 4 times longer than I'd sould have been because no one could determine my eye colour.

I have silver eyes, that change.......simple as that (deep green, deep blue...Im the only person you know that can do purple......its v...v....cool)

Hit By Ban Bus!

Count on PB to laser things Of course, Iran/Persia is not in the Middle East. It is sort of lumped into the Middle East because of its proximity to the area. I prefer to call it Persia, its technical and historical name, but most people here in the U.S. don't know the difference. That's why a lot of them will tell you they're from Persia because of the treatment they receive when they say they are from Iran.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Huh, where's the pic? I missed it!

p.s. I'm not here to argue with anyone but one of mods' duties is to moderate in open public. I didn't resort to any personal attacks neither in public nor private. If a post in an open forum gets misinterpreted or misunderstood, it can be clarified in open public, too. It is an individual choice whether to use the PM system, and that PM system shouldn't be abused to name-call or threaten anyone.
    Last edited by moomies; April 4th, 2007 at 02:55 PM.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I don't think anyone was making any offense to anyone in any of these posts. I believe some may have taken it too far and gotten their chests all puffed up and blown things out of proportion and made unnecessary threats & accusations. This has spiraled way beyond what was stated and where it needed to go. I don't appreciate any ganging up of mods or members by anyone on this board.

Let's go back to the 41 year old virgin who thinks a man whom she's briefly talked to is the lover of her life. Now THAT's wacked!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Before we do that, I just want to say that I don't believe what FF wrote was intended to be offensive, and it wasn't offensive to me. That is because I inferred she didn't mean any harm. She was just trying in her own way to clarify and it backfired.

I erased the rest of this post, because it's impossible to explain further without stirring the pot. I am grateful that the mods came in and clarified things about issues of racism on the message boards.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information