Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: I just had some fillers. Ouch!

^^ yep, a friend of mine started it and has had really great results. She was pretty wrinkled because she is a major outdoorsy person and never bothered with sunscreen. So I figured since I just have a few minor wrinkles it should work for me too. And it has. Most people use numbing cream with 1 mm and higher, but since I only do it once a month I don't bother.

You DO have to be scrupulously clean and disinfect everything before and after. I take a shower and wash all the areas I am planning to roll with hibiclens and I disinfect the rollers in 92% alcohol for 30 mins prior to rolling. Have been doing it since last year and no problems, just benefits.

It increases collagen production to minimize wrinkles/lines and helps with sagging, but it takes months to see the improvement. It does improve skin tone and texture pretty quickly. And if you don't need help with aging stuff, the short needles are not painful at all and very effective to increase product absorption to increase serum effectiveness. You can use .25 mm pretty much every day to help with that.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

A*O

Oh wow, I'd never even heard of derma rollng. I just checked out the website and it could be the solution although fillers take 5 mins with more or less instant results. But I would use numbing cream next time and I'm not sure why the doc didn't suggest it. I will demand answers! The marionette lines are deeper than I realised so I think I'm going to need a few more sessions.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Oh wow, I'd never even heard of derma rollng. I just checked out the website and it could be the solution although fillers take 5 mins with more or less instant results. But I would use numbing cream next time and I'm not sure why the doc didn't suggest it. I will demand answers! The marionette lines are deeper than I realized so I think I'm going to need a few more sessions.
    Mine have definitely improved, I think because my skin is tighter. And I am completely rid of a vertical line above my upper lip, so I am pleased. My jawline is also tighter.

Some spas and PS clinics also offer dermarolling, they are able to use deeper needles and be a lot more aggressive than you can be at home. Apparently there is lots of blood involved and it is more effective than home rolling.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Oh wow, I'd never even heard of derma rollng. I just checked out the website and it could be the solution although fillers take 5 mins with more or less instant results. But I would use numbing cream next time and I'm not sure why the doc didn't suggest it. I will demand answers! The marionette lines are deeper than I realised so I think I'm going to need a few more sessions.
    your doctor should've offered you a topical anaesthetic. plus, mine injects the juvederm with lidocaine.

constance - do you draw blood when you do the rolling? that's what i read on the website. ew
    Ravenna likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    your doctor should've offered you a topical anaesthetic. plus, mine injects the juvederm with lidocaine.

constance - do you draw blood when you do the rolling? that's what i read on the website. ew
    No, I am not aggressive and I don't push hard, so no blood. It just looks like a major sunburn for a day or so and you are not supposed to use makeup for 24 hours. And you need to wear sunscreen and a hat when you go out. Should do that anyway, but skin is even more sensitive after dermarolling.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    I was considering fillers (stupid marionettes here too), but fell into dermarolling instead. Initially only .5 mm and .75 to even out my complexion and help with very fine lines. But now I've graduated to a 1.5 mm roller and a 1 mm dermastamp and those appear to have tightened my entire face, including marionette folds. Hurts like a bitch, but I only have to do it once a month.
    My friend showed me her roller when I visiting. She described the procedure. I'm glad I live far away. She talked about freezing her skin, I dunno, like you dip your whatever body part in a machine with cold liquid. She's a size 6 with perky breasts, she don't need nuthin. I don't belong in this gruesome thread but I'm glad you're happy AO and others.

Elite Member

You ladies are braver than I am. Fillers can cause blindness. A rare complication, but it does happen.

AUSTRALIA’S top plastic surgeons are warning fans of our $1 billion cosmetic surgery industry about the risk of blindness from injectable fillers.
    In a world where cosmetic injections are as common as getting a manicure or an eyebrow wax, there is concern our growing complacency about their potential danger has caused a jump in the number of damaging procedures.
    “With the increase in use has been an associated downgrading of the risks that come with hyaluronic acid fillers,” Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) president Mark Ashton told news.com.au.
    Most fillers contain hyaluronic acid, a substance that occurs naturally in the body and assists with hydration. It’s also a common ingredient in anti-ageing skincare products.
    “We just want to explain to patients that having fillers is not a trivial exercise. It carries significant complications. There’s been over 100 cases of blindness [according to a 2015 study] and that’s probably a conservative estimate,” Prof Ashton said.
    “Cosmetic surgery is real surgery and people die from this.”

A South Korean woman who went blind in one eye after getting dermal filler injected.Source:Supplied

Ads by Kiosked

A new study out this week from South Korea, which has the highest number of plastic and cosmetic procedures per capita in the world, examined nine patients who experienced vision loss after being injected with fillers.
    “All nine patients were female, ranging in age from 26 to 45 years and in all cases hyaluronic acid fillers were injected by doctors, including board-certified plastic surgeons and dermatologists,” said the study from Seoul National University, which was published in the Journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
    “Improvement of visual acuity [clarity] in patients with vascular occlusion [blood clots] after filler injection is extremely rare, and there has been no total recovery of vision after initial injury.”

Prof Ashton said blindness from filler can occur following an injection anywhere on the face, not just around the delicate eye area. Even lip injections, which are hugely popular among young women, can cause blindness.
    “If you get inadvertent injection of filler in any part of the facial artery, that can travel along the artery all the way up to the corner of the eye and then that goes into the retina,” he said.
    “The blindness is instantaneous and permanent and can be one or both eyes. No one has been able to successfully fix that blindness.”
    As well as blindness, injecting filler into a facial artery can cause soft tissue damage, “killing” certain parts of the face.
    “If you inject it and it goes into your [facial] artery, it can kill the tissue and the cartilage of the nose,” Prof Ashton said.
    “There are images of people’s noses turning black and falling off. People have had their forehead, cheeks and lips all die just from having this treatment injected.”
    There are fewer risks associated with Botox, the brand name for Botulinum toxin, which paralyses the muscles and lasts for around three months.
    “If you inject Botox into an artery, there isn’t any evidence of that resulting in soft tissue death or blindness,” Prof Ashton said.
    The ASPS recommends patients do their research and select a qualified surgeon who has extensive knowledge of the vascular system.
    Australia’s total annual expenditure on cosmetic surgery procedures and treatments in Australia is estimated to be $1 billion, according to 2015 data from the Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery.
    We consume more than $350 million worth of wrinkle reduction procedures with botulinum toxin annually. There are approximately 8000 breast augmentation surgeries performed and about 30,000 liposuction procedures.
    The most popular cosmetic procedures are anti-wrinkle injections, fillers, lasers and IPL (intense pulsed light), breast augmentation or reduction, and liposuction.

I didn't need to read that to know I'll never let anyone near my face with a needle or any foreign substance. I still can't believe people do it. I mean, if you fuck with your face, there's no hiding it. It's your FACE! I have good skin and take care of myself, but I'm not blind and I can see myself getting older. So what? I still look better than all the frozen-faced duck-lipped people who think "nobody can tell" - no, we can tell, we just don't say it to your face.

But each to their own, it's not a crime.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I wonder how many people I see on a daily basis get botox? What bother's me are the fillers, the one's that make one's face so disproportionate, so drastically different from a natural face.
    fgg likes this.

I had my lips done in October. Itís something I had wanted to do for awhile but could never justify the cost and was also terrified of trout pout.

I happened to have the chance to get it done for free, so I went for it.

I was worried but the clinic where I had it done is fantastic and the woman who did the injections made me comfortable. She said exactly what she would do- and it happened to be exactly what I was thinking.

She loved the shape of my cupidís Bow so she made sure my lip shape reminded the and but with just thicker top lip.
    For my bottom lip, she focused a bit more in the middle so it would give me a little more of a pout look, but still super natural.

No one could guess I had it done, but it was noticeable to me and thatís all I cared about.
    sprynkles, Sleuth, fgg and 2 others like this.

Do people say you remind them of Diane Lane? That's who I see in your photo.
    Mrs P likes this.

Late to the party here!
    I've had botox & fillers & I concur, filler hurts like the dickens!!! Even with numbing cream, especially on the lips. Like A*O & dallison, I went very subtle on the lips. I've done them twice & it just doesn't last long enough for me to justify the expense. It only lasted about 3-4 months on me both times. I don't have that kind of money to spend on my lips every 3-4 months. But they looked marvelous! I brought I a photo of myself from high school & told them that is what I wanted my lips to look like - like my own when I was younger. & they totally came out perfect!

I've also done my tear troughs. Had that done 3x. The first time it lasted like 2 years, the second time only about 18 months. And right now I'm sitting at about 10 months & I already feel like I need them re-done, or at least "touched up". Each time I went to the same Medi-Spa I've gone to for years for my botox, but I've had 3 different injectors, so I have a feeling that is affecting how long it's lasting. They probably all used a different technique. Or maybe different amounts? IDK...but I've since moved out of state & had to find a new place to go & ended up going to one of the plastic surgeons who does cases at the surgery center I work at. Everyone there highly recommended him & I also read reviews online & he had excellent reviews.
    He was super nice & did a great job when I went to get my botox done a few weeks ago & I'll definitely go back to him for that, & for my filler when I get it re-done.

When I originally got botox, I started because I wanted to get rid of a "1" near my right eyebrow, & I wanted to raise my brows a little bit, & that's what I still do, but I also get the outer corners of my eyes done, like the outer edge of the bottom part of the orbital bone (those with med background will hopefully know what I'm talking about) to open the outer corners of my eyes a little bit.

My face moves plenty! I did not want to have a frozen forehead, especially working in the OR, because you convey so much with your eyes, because it's the only part of your face that's not covered, I can still raise my brows, but I can't furrow them (good, I don't want to). It's weird though, because I can make the motion & it feels like I am, but when I look, they're not furrowed. It's kind of a weird thing.

i've been thinking of getting my eyes done. i noticed that i have an overhang (hooded eyes) and it's getting so that i don't have a clear field of vision. i think i can get it done for free if it meets certain 'criteria'. anyone ever had any blepharoplasty? my GP told me sometimes they lift the brows too, not sure if that's going too far, i dont want to look like i'm always suprised cuz my brows ended up halfway up my forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    i've been thinking of getting my eyes done. i noticed that i have an overhang (hooded eyes) and it's getting so that i don't have a clear field of vision. i think i can get it done for free if it meets certain 'criteria'. anyone ever had any blepharoplasty? my GP told me sometimes they lift the brows too, not sure if that's going too far, i dont want to look like i'm always suprised cuz my brows ended up halfway up my forehead.
    Just do a LOT of homework before you choose your surgeon! There's a really good website called Real Self that has pics & experiences from people for just about every procedure you could imagine. They have forums too, so you can ask questions.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    Be sure not to get Robert Redford's surgeon to do that.

I would only be interested in having my butt fat or belly fat injected into my face, sagging cheeks, forehead wrinkles (all 4 of them). I pretty much have an infinite supply for that.
    ConstanceSpry and Angeli like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information