Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Cool Sculpting

fgg how was your experience?

My update - today was my second treatment. I knew several weeks ago my clinic hired a new RN for Coolscultping which I was kind of pissed about because I had really good rapport with the first Tech who was not a RN. The new RN was super nice and immediately told me I was under treated without throwing the previous person under the bus. She told me she wasnt going to do pictures today because she thought my first treatment was not effective.

I told her about the bruising and swelling which I thought would have indicated an effective treatment, she said it wasnt as she could tell no difference from my before pics to now and the previous Tech used a "paddle" on my stomach that is not meant for the stomach area. Before I could voice how pissed I was, she told me they were going to make it right and treat me today and at least two more treatments for free to make it right. OK, this is sounding better...

She brings out the "paddle" and it is like 3 times the size of the last one. It latches on and it hurts like hell. I can deal with pain. She makes sure I'm comfortable and leaves (typical) 2-3 minutes in, I feel sick. I am not one to rock the boat so I dont buzz her. I had my Ipad and was trying to play a game and couldn't even concentrate and knew I had 30 minutes left on just that side. I sip my water and try to not think about it. She FINALLY came back, which seemed like an eternity but she came back as expected. She did the massage and it was not a massage, it was I'm going to murder your stomach with my needle fingers massage.

I'm a very blunt person and I told her the difference in the experience and she was empathetic but explained why there was a difference. She was very kind and asked me if I wanted a break before treating the other side and I declined. The other side wasnt as bad, maybe because half of my stomach was already numb or I was now more mentally prepared. The second massage was 2000 times worse. Freddy Krueger would have been more gentle.

TLDR - I was under treated the first time. This time sucked but am expected to have better results
    fgg and holly like this.

^That sounds awful. It would makeme consider traditional lipo instead.

fgg

froogy - now i'm worried! my treatment wasn't terribly painful or anything just uncomfortable, the massage wasn't fun but it only lasted a minute or so on each spot so i just bit down and got through it. it took about 3 weeks for my body to stop being numb. i go back in a month for my second treatment. i was stupid and didn't take photos at home until after and i was super swollen so i can't see a true difference until i go back and look at the photos they took. i do feel like a see a difference and my husband says he can tell. i didn't have much to go just some stubborn fat pockets so who knows!

what i think is interesting, is that they told me that the men's paddles are much larger than what they typically use on women at my place. i'm wondering if they sized you up?
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

fgg - dont worry. I'm sure everything will work out fine for you, especially since you and your husband can see a difference.

I trust the RN who treated me and she told me it would be a different experience. I am still swollen and I feel like I have been punched in the stomach though ab exercises dont bother me. The larger paddles she used went over my ribs, so maybe that is why I am in so much pain?

I am getting Botox this Friday with the DR that oversees the Clinic and will ask for her feedback. They are great people and they will make it right.
    fgg and InigoMontoya like this.

Glad they told you they'll make it right and that the previous RN wasn't thrown under the bus by your current treating RN. It's still somewhat new as a treatment measure. Best to you as you go forward. I've a genetic double chin and have thought about a fix for it, but haven't decided on anything yet.
    Froogy likes this.

Wow huge difference this time around. I can totally see a difference and I'm only 3 weeks out. I'm not sure I will even need the additional treatments.

Inigo - I personally could not imagine having this done on my neck/chin area, though they do treat that area of the body. You may want to look into https://www.mykybella.com/
    czb likes this.

fgg

^really happy for you! it only gets about 20% of the fat cells so i would definitely do any treatment that they are offering you for free.
    Froogy likes this.

Thanks fgg! Good point, I will see what she thinks when I go for my follow up. How are you doing? Are you done with yours or did you only do the one?

fgg

mine is doing great! i have my second appt for my flanks next week.
    Froogy likes this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information