Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Cool Sculpting

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Okay, the initial suction is fucking intense. I'm now 10 minutes into the first treatment and its much better, just cool, numb and mildly annoying. But when the tech first put the applicator on I felt a bit faint and had a bit of a cold sweat (I honestly started rethinking this while thing and wanted to yell at them to take it off.). Much better now...the only thing that sucks is I'm doing it again one hour on the other side of my belly. The tech explained she had the large applicator and that one is way way way way more intense.

They say the massage afterward is also very important, they massaged the first area for a few minutes, not painful just a very weird feeling.

Okay, having the second area application was not in any way like the first, way more comfortable. I think it helps to know the feeling passes quickly.
    Last edited by Just Kill Me; September 25th, 2014 at 02:01 PM.
    Froogy likes this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Thanks for the update! Glad you are doing well. On a scale of 1-10, how intense was it and how long did it last? How are you feeling now?

I think I'm doing the large applicator because my pouch is right under my belly button and not so much on the sides.

People are probably mocking my coolfestos.

So so my belly issue is below my belly button and a bit of fat comes up around the sides of the navel. The placement of the small pieces creates a v shaped treatment area that overlapped at the bottom.

The he initial feeling of the suction I cannot put into words, it's so fucking unlike anything I ever felt. It's not super painful but my brain instantly though "dear god what the fuck have I done". The tech thought I looked about to faint and she got me settle comfortably and brought me a bottle of water. I felt slightly nauseated for maybe a minute but it passed. I would say the "omg" feeling was gone in under 5 minutes, I got settled, and 10 minutes in I started postings here. I did that while the machine counted down the hour, no further issues.

At the end the machine releases the auction and they massage the area quite well. It feels very weird and numb but you feel it. It was suggested I walk around a little and let them know when I was ready for the next treatment (I could not do simultaneous because the treaent areas overlap). I was ready to just go ahead and get started.

The he second suction feeling was NOTHING like the first one, it did not bother me at all. This is most likely because I knew what's expect.

i finished up at 1 pm today, got the weird gel cleaned off and made sure to put on my spanx (people say this really helps with any soreness). The area is definitely swollen, which is common. A little tender but there is no reason to stop functioning. And a little itchy.
    Froogy and McJag like this.

Froogy, I went to infinity skin in coralville and had liposonix. It sounds very similiar to cool sculpting. Basically, they laser the top layer of fat under your skin, did wonders for my pooch. You should check it out.
    Froogy likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

fgg

jkm - thanks for the update! how long until the swelling goes down? when should you start seeing results?
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

They say swelling can last 1 to 3 weeks, most people report 1 week tops. I'll be honest, I'm sitting at my desk with my pants unbuttoned. On average people start seeing the beginning of results at 8 weeks and onward. I will warn that I am especially sore where the treatment areas overlapped, but then again it isn't unbearable. I'm just aware that it's there.
    Froogy and louiswinthorpe111 like this.

^^That sounds very similar to what I had done. I actually bruised a little. But I really didn't see results for 10-12 weeks. Hope it all works out well for you.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

This shit is the weirdest fucking feeling, the best I can describe it is sore if I jab my tummy and a weird tingling almost like a fort falling asleep but not as intense. Still swollen but nothing terrifying. I found it's actually more comfortable to sleep on my stomach, it feels better to squish the squish/treatment area. It is such a strange feeling but it doesn't bother me, I still worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    This shit is the weirdest fucking feeling, the best I can describe it is sore if I jab my tummy and a weird tingling almost like a fort falling asleep but not as intense. Still swollen but nothing terrifying. I found it's actually more comfortable to sleep on my stomach, it feels better to squish the squish/treatment area. It is such a strange feeling but it doesn't bother me, I still worked out.
    When I had my consult, they said that wearing spanx helps. Maybe keeping everything contracted helps? Thanks for all of your updates!

Okay so we're just over one week here, did I mention how fucking WEIRD this shit feels?

The swelling has gone down considerable (no actual fat loss yet as it's way too early for that) at one point I was convinced I looked pregnant. I think the swelling part is definitely something to keep in mind when planning for this procedure. Still the weird numb tingles in the treatment area, soreness where the areas overlapped which is right below my navel.

So I guess at this point it's wait and see. I'm keeping up with my regular exercise routine, not doing anything major (like ULTRA SHRED) since I want to see if there are actual results from the coolsculpting.
    Froogy likes this.

JKM, any update? Thanks!

Sorry, I've meant to update. I'm actually really happy so far. I'll give more details later this weekend.
    McJag and Froogy like this.

Okay, so it took about 3 weeks in all soreness subsided, the weird tingle feelings are completely gone. I do think anyone that does this should be prepared to deal with the swelling, that was about 2 weeks of not being able to button pants, and looking like I might be knocked up, it got to my confidence there for a bit but I stayed focused on it being temporary. I personally think I am seeing results, the area I had treated, the fat feels less dense, less "hard" I know I still have a ways to go as far as toning up my body in general. Seriously, the last 3 years have been a whirlwind with the move and work, I really need to catch up and at least take better care of my health for my son and myself. So I'm trying to get on the elliptical everyday, seriously, my heart needs cardio and the shit I deal with at work, I fear one day I'm just going to drop dead in the middle of saying "Are you fucking kidding me!!?!?"

I'm really happy with this treatment option, I'm going to work on sticking with a routine that is realistic. My mini gut is noticeably smaller, I just asked my kid and he is brutally honest, he said "Yeah, it looks like it's disappearing, let's fake fight!"
    Froogy, Novice and Belt Up like this.

Thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    When I had my consult, they said that wearing spanx helps. Maybe keeping everything contracted helps? Thanks for all of your updates!
    Do you remember the post-part in corset Gwyneth wore & all those body-stocking things after lipo? I guess it helps the skin shrink back afterwards?

I was having a pretty good day (weight-wise) til I read your stats ladies! Even when I was "dead skinny" I weighed more than all of you, and I'm only 1.5" taller than FGG!

Froggy I hope it goes as well as JKM's has gone!
    Free Charmed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information