Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Being "Fake"

As Cher once said...."its my godamn body; I'll put tits on my back if I want to...."

Ashlee Simpson: that is an example of fake.

Its a very superficial world and i think we all have to compete in it so if you find a way to look and feel better, then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by crackho
    As Cher once said...."its my godamn body; I'll put tits on my back if I want to...."
    And thats why you've gotta love Cher.
    That IS the bottom line. Your body, your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticGirl View Post
    Crumpet - as always - amen to u
    But as far as celebrities looks being attributed to ps - i say BULL - show me ONE woman/man that has wholly been created from NOTHING into a supermodel through ps! A tweak here and an uplift there maybe, but they were hot to begin with. PPL her exaggerate to make themselves feel better when someone is SUPER hot - like i do when a TOO hot chick with Gisele legs walks past -

"f**cken b*tch probably has stinky breath"
    Have you ever been exposed to Lebanese/Middle Eastern celebrities, particularly singers? They are a prime example of extreme PS - in most cases you cannot tell through any stretch of the imagination that a before shot is the same as their after. And they are upheld as the supermodels in their culture. In different cultures there is extreme PS practiced.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    Its a very superficial world and i think we all have to compete in it so if you find a way to look and feel better, then go for it.
    Exactly.

I don't know if it was on this board, but someone once said (much more eloquently) that we are all competing for a piece of the proverbial pie. Attractive people automatically get a bigger piece of the pie, whether that's fair or not. The more attractive people there are, the smaller your piece of the pie, and that's one of the reasons so many people get riled up about PS.

If you're happy with the way you look, congratufuckinglations. Don't hate on others who choose to change aspects of their appearance through surgery. No matter how drastic, pathetic or unnecessary you feel PS is, their surgery doesn't harm you. You can claim that your objection is that it teaches society to not love themselves and sets some unattainable, unnatural standard of beauty, but I honestly think it goes back to whole piece of the pie theory. Changing one's looks to conform to an ideal standard of beauty is not a new concept. With advances in medicine and technology, the techniques have naturally become more advanced as well. Cleopatra would've probably had a boob job too if it was available. All I'm saying is, if you're that content with yourself, why are you so objectionable and judgemental about what others do with their bodies, unless you view it as some kind of threat.

Quote Originally Posted by tictac View Post
    Exactly.

I don't know if it was on this board, but someone once said (much more eloquently) that we are all competing for a piece of the proverbial pie. Attractive people automatically get a bigger piece of the pie, whether that's fair or not. The more attractive people there are, the smaller your piece of the pie, and that's one of the reasons so many people get riled up about PS.

If you're happy with the way you look, congratufuckinglations. Don't hate on others who choose to change aspects of their appearance through surgery. No matter how drastic, pathetic or unnecessary you feel PS is, their surgery doesn't harm you. You can claim that your objection is that it teaches society to not love themselves and sets some unattainable, unnatural standard of beauty, but I honestly think it goes back to whole piece of the pie theory. Changing one's looks to conform to an ideal standard of beauty is not a new concept. With advances in medicine and technology, the techniques have naturally become more advanced as well. Cleopatra would've probably had a boob job too if it was available. All I'm saying is, if you're that content with yourself, why are you so objectionable and judgemental about what others do with their bodies, unless you view it as some kind of threat.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Tic Tac:
    Agree 1,000%.

Clap Clap*
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

Silver Member

Well,
    I am getting boobs and a tummy tuck so I will just go and sit in the corner over here...lol.
    Oh and hair extensions...JAYSUS.
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

I've never seen Hoje em Dia, but people say that show is crap, lol. Brazilian is indeed world's number 2 in plastic surgery and has the world's best surgeons.

I used to be a complete intolerant as to plastic surgery, but that changed at an encounter I had with a woman I met as I was about to draw blood, and she setting a date for a boob job. Talking to that woman and seeing how her mind operated completely changed my view. The difference between the two of us is that I'm a younger woman who's comfortable about having small breasts, and she's an older woman extremely uncomfortable with the same characteristics. She went on to telling me how much she suffered dumping every boyfriend who dared touch her top for over 10 years, how she wouldn't get naked even in front of other women. Her mind worked in its own personal way and I felt sorry for all the emotional pain she's been having to endure because of something she sees as a flaw. I realized I'm just not in her skin to pass any judgement, as she isn't in mine to feel how it is to be comfortable with the same characteristic. So I left her with a hug, a reassurance of how beautiful she is, wishing her happiness with the new change, and with a new point of view in mind.

So I'll end this with a "who am I to establish the line of what's fake or not"? Being superficial I think is not even about worrying about your looks, but even more about judging people by theirs.

This is interesting... A christian aspect to plastic surgery
    I dislike the concept of PS when a person is perfectly normal and acceptable and ends up looking weird, thinking that THAT is the "correct" or "desirable" way to look. I think it's ridiculous and pathetic how much people do these days, when there's absolutely nothing wrong with them. No-one can ever look perfect anyway, no one can appeal to everyone with their looks, and there's no point in trying, because the more you try, the more unnatural and freaky you look. I don't care for the simplistic "god makes no mistakes" approach, but I don't consider plastic parts any kind of real beauty. Anyone can go do whatever it is they want to their own body, but I mostly never think it looks good or natural. Just my personal opinion.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Anyone can go do whatever it is they want to their own body, but I mostly never think it looks good or natural. Just my personal opinion.
    Fair enough. That, to me, is an acceptable perspective that doesn't get my dander up (not that you need to care what I think anyway). It's just the double standards and the 'the only good plastic surgery is the kind I might get for myself one day' drive me batshit.

It is fair, and I respect that. I just don't get when people judge others and think they are a bad person just because they went under the knife. Sure we are all guilty snarking on people over their looks, but assuming someone is bad or messed up just because they have plastic surgery is silly, imo. Not everyone that has something done is fucked up or insecure.

I don't think these people are "bad" or anything, but I do think it is a darn crying shame, in most cases (of course I can't say that about everyone). It's a very thin line between what is considered "judging" someone and what is purely a personal opinion, and it's not easy to express oneself sometimes. I am very anti-plastic surgery for normal people like most of us, with no disernible, life-damaging deformations, but it's not like I don't have friends who have done that. I can still disapprove of that part of them, or rather, of that action that they took against certain flaws that only they seemed to perceive as so wrong that they were worth getting surgery over, but it's not like I've stopped socializing with them or being friends with them or anything.

^It's funny, because I used to be very against lipo. I always thought people who went for lipo are just lazy, you know, is there something wrong that you can't get motivated and exercise? Then I realized it's not that easy for some people or really, maybe they are looking for a quick fix and who am I to judge? Maybe it will even motivate those to have a healthier lifestyle since if they don't get active they will most likely get back to their pre-lipo days.

PS can be great for those wanting to enhance, not transform. Though I don't understand those that go overboard, but really not so much that I think to much about it or really even care. Their face, body and all that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information